AonEne

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana fetched some spheres and handed them to him.

"Here, maybe they can help? We could ask Doc, if it's safe to sleep, then you could rest for some hours."

He gratefully sucked in the stormlight. He felt slightly better, but still very, very tired.

”Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.”

He tried to stand up to go talk to Doc but his legs wobbled so much that he had to sit back down. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lunamor said:

He gratefully sucked in the stormlight. He felt slightly better, but still very, very tired.

”Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.”

He tried to stand up to go talk to Doc but his legs wobbled so much that he had to sit back down. 

Shana reached out for him, when she saw his legs give eway beneath him.

"I'll help you."

She offered him her shoulder again, and then added in a quieter voice.

"I can carry you, if that's not too embarrassing?"

I mean, Emp, it's kinda weird to go to prom on your own. I think that's the main reason we want everybody shipped, so everybody can participate equally in adorkable romances.

@Emperor Stick

James rushed quickly to Shana and Ben's side. "Using the surges for an extended period of time can have this effect." He said, "I'd honestly just sit down and read a book for a while, that's pretty restful in my opinion."

Also gonna note now that I'm not going to be on until pretty late tomorrow, because I'm graduating high school!

Just now, Wyndlerunner said:

Also gonna note now that I'm not going to be on until pretty late tomorrow, because I'm graduating high school!

Congratulations!

Shana paused.

"He wanted to ask Doc if it's safe to sleep. But sitting down-"

She looked at Ben, who swayed on his feet. Sleep seemed better to her, but this was about him, so she kept quiet.

"It's your decision."

1 hour ago, Hope Spren said:

Great! What's the idea?

The group Jamie is in (The New Worldbringers), has had quite a bit more contact with those of other Investiture. I would say that they know about the Elantrians in Seattle, even if they didn't tell Jamie. If your character is lost/MIA, then they might send Jamie to come get her. 

Well, fact is, we don't have enough active female characters, for all male ones? So either you state you go with a NPC, or you have to go on your own. I know that sounds sad, but as we have some plot for the prom, it won't be that grave?

Regarding the timeskip: it wil happen soon, I guess. Most conversations are only there to fill the gap (and I like them, don't get me wrong here), I feel like the one between Dapper and Xino is the only one, that's really plot relevant.

I don't think the Elantrians have arrived yet, have they?

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Draug breathed out slowly. It was good she was safe, but she didn't seem to realize how much danger she was in. Really, only luck had saved her tonight. If he hadn't thought of pushing back against Sha-thoexis...

He shuddered. There was a reason you never saw people from other magic systems around. If she so much as left the city without using her magic (what had it been, again? Something about metals?) she would be practically guaranteed to Fall. And even if she stayed in the house all day- which, by the sound of it, she was hardly going to do- she still had to worry about attacks while she was sleeping. What had happened tonight might not be repeatable.

He sighed hollowly. And that wasn't even thinking about everyone else in the house. He'd only seen one dream that looked bad enough to risk a Fall, but not everyone had been asleep when he had checked. It wasn't outside the realm of plausibility for someone to have fallen without him knowing about it. 

He turned to Doc. "What do you know about Sha-thoexis?"

@Dr. Dapper

Sounds good! I'll have them arrive that morning.

Callisto had vanished without a trace. Evelyn had tried using the Aons and searching on foot, but with no luck. There was nothing to show where Callisto might have gone. The good news was that they had managed to set up another access point to the Dor, so Evelyn could still contact the rest of the Elantrains. She began to draw the Aon. She needed to let them know that to point was up and that Callisto had vanished. After that was done, there was little she could do besides wait.

Edited by Hope Spren

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Shana paused.

"He wanted to ask Doc if it's safe to sleep. But sitting down-"

She looked at Ben, who swayed on his feet. Sleep seemed better to her, but this was about him, so she kept quiet.

"It's your decision."

“I...”

He trailed off, half from the effort to speak and half from indecision. He thought for a moment.

”I think I will just stay on the couch, maybe read a little.”

He didn’t want to make Shana have to carry him to Doc or support him. She was already very tired as well and he didn’t want to be a burden.

”Can someone please slap me if I close my eyes for more than three seconds?”

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

“I...”

He trailed off, half from the effort to speak and half from indecision. He thought for a moment.

”I think I will just stay on the couch, maybe read a little.”

He didn’t want to make Shana have to carry him to Doc or support him. She was already very tired as well and he didn’t want to be a burden.

”Can someone please slap me if I close my eyes for more than three seconds?”

Shana wanted to tell him, that it was stupid, that maybe could sleep safely, but she nodded, helped him back to the couch.

"I won't slap you."

She told him smiling.

"But if you want to, I'll try to keep you awake."

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana wanted to tell him, that it was stupid, that maybe could sleep safely, but she nodded, helped him back to the couch.

"I won't slap you."

She told him smiling.

"But if you want to, I'll try to keep you awake."

Ben rested his head back and smiled back at her.

”Thanks.”

35 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

"I can throw my Sprite on him!" Flid chimed in.

“Erm... I’d rather not get drenched with Sprite, but thanks for the offer.”

"Leona is right."

Shana sighed, rested her head in her hands.

"We need to solve the actual problem, not throw sprite around."

She grinned at Flid. It was such a stupid suggestion, that it brightened her mood. It was so normal, that it felt right.

"If you do that, you have to clean it up."

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"If you do that, you have to clean it up."

Flid grinned. "Still worth it. I've always wanted to throw a drink at someone.

Just now, Eluvianii said:

"Maybe we scared it?"

"Maybe... I don't understand what happened at the end. What was that place getting attacked? Was it even real? And what was up with that mist?"

"I fear it was real. The way Doc stared at them. He looked like he knew them."

Shana tried to remember what had happened.

"We need to talk to Doc. He has to know what is doing on, how we can protect ourselves."

She reached over for Ben's hand and interwined her fingers with his. If these dreams returned, maybe he would let her sleep in his room? On the floor or whereever. So that she could wake him up in the morning. He had been so grateful, that he hadn't needed to kill himself, she would take that over for him.

3 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

"Rumors, mostly." Doc admitted, "I can't say how much is true." 

This is my reasoning.

The reason the Elantrians have failed to Tia in before is that they kept teleporting to places where Sha-thoexis was strong, and were overwhelmed pretty much instantaneously. When the Elantrians arrive in Seattle, they're going to be affected enough for it to be noticeable- like Jamie, if she didn't have her metals burning. Once the Dor portal (which I have ideas about) is open, then they're going to be more or less immune.

If they leave the city, however, they're going to lose that protection. And I wouldn't imagine that their 'repeater' has a very large range.

Draug nodded seriously. "What do you know? And what do you wish to know?"

@Dr. Dapper