AonEne

"Thank you." Shana pushed the door open and stepped outside. She walked around the corner of the building, her shoulders sagging down when the woman was gone. So she had been wrong, completely wrong. It had just been a normal citizen, and all the rest had happened in her mind. Closing her eyes she tried to get rid of the uneasy feeling in her stomach and then took a few more steps towards the place where she had seen her.

There was something on the ground, and she hurried there, picked it up. It was an adress, written on a slip of paper. It hadn't been there for too long, or someone would have stepped on it and additionally, she couldn't recall it lying there when she had looked out of the window. Lifting it up into the air she held it for her friends to see, growing cold when she realized that the adress, was only a street next to Doc's house.

@Wyndlerunner @Eluvianii

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An hour passes of preheating, baking, testing and allowing for extra time before Jenna opens the oven and carefully removes each of the now finished clay pieces. She sets them back on the shelf to cool, ready for glazing. With no one else currently in the room, she uses her nokia to snap a picture of the pieces she deems the most suspicious or intriguing.
As she left the room, she notices Raxion suspended from the ceiling. In black ink, the Inkspren had woven the word "Strange-Woman" into the webs to be read,
"Yes Rax, I know Nym is a Windrunner. I haven't got time to debrief now, we've got to go."
The webbed words were already starting to fade, but Raxion obediently nodded and hopped down onto her anorak, scuttling into open pocket.

Jenna hummed and stepped into the Teachers restroom, using the mirror to wipe the dried clay off her cheek, put on a touch more lipstick... It wasn't every day one got to make a dramatic entrance, she was hardly going to waste it looking unprofessional. Jenna threw her sunglasses on for good measure.
She opened her phone and sent a text to the number supplied to her by her colleague.
Somewhere in the world, a phone buzzed, displaying the message:
UNKNOWN NUMBER:"What's up, Doc?"
Jenna smiled, unhooking a small jade earring as she inhaled stormlight. The message had gone through, which meant atleast she wasn't going to get stranded in low orbit today.
She unlocked the door and began typing a new message, "Look behind u". Her finger hovered over the send button as she reached outward with her open hand... And pressed send just as she Elsecalled into a different plane of reality.

She snapped forward, catching a small bead of glass before it could zip away.
"Sending... Sending..." It whispered to her mind, tugging against her.
She took stock of her surroundings. Enclosed by gargantuan monoliths of obsidian, rivers of beads crashing down them like waterfalls. The sky was an angry green, with large purple cracks tracing the horizon. Busy bits of glass pinged through the air like bullet shrapnel. In the distance, great cyclones of beads roared past like a swarm of angry hornets. A place of learning was always going to be a bit of a warzone in this Realm.
She'd have to act fast. 

The woman in technicolor jumped and drew a second bead out of her pocket, using it to will a a protective dome-like sledge out of translucent plastic into existence,  riding it down as  she descended into the swirling cauldron below. Idly, Jenna wondered what this place must have been like before the advent of computers. Before the data-pollution.
Jenna infused the bead in her hand with Stormlight, soulcasting a small tether to it to her hand. Supercharged, it began to violently vibrate and sped forward- pulling Jenna in tow. In the physical realm, she was probably travelling just under the speed of light. On reflex, she kept her freehand raised to split the sea of glass marbles now rapidly zipping toward her.
"Truths... Truths..." She could hear them whispering, like hungry vultures. Getting in one was easy, but a toll was needed to cross back.
"A meteor didn't wipe out the dinosaurs. The last Everstorm drove them into extinction." Jenna told the voices as she sensed her destination getting closer. The voices ooed. Jenna used the opportunity to push forward with stormlight, to break back out of the cognitive realm. 

There was a flash of light, and suddenly Jenna was back on solid ground again. She took off her sunglasses, letting her eyes adjust to the new light. She could already seen an indistinct figure in front of her, a phone in one hand,

"Miss me?" She smiled, flicking her hair back. It wasn't clear yet, but hopefully she hadn't Elsecalled to Doc in the shower or anything.

Doc sighed, turning around and meeting Jenna's eyes. "I should have known you'd come around here eventually." he said, “Though I hoped for at least a few days.” She was a few years older than when he’d last seen her, but not much had changed that he could see. Jenna still had that carefully cultivated air of mystery. If anything it had gotten worse. He smiled wryly, looking her up and down. 

“So, how long since you became Radiant?” Doc asked, genuinely curious. They had both bonded spren, and within at least a few years of each other. It was either an amazing coincidence or there was some correlation. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

“So, how long since you became Radiant?” 

"Over seven years ago now? I know it was late December..." She muses aloud. Had it already been that long since the Mayan Doomsday prophecy that had thrust her into the chaotic world of Radiants?

Had she really only been 15 at the time?

She folded her arms, "You've become awfully out of the loop on the bigger picture, by the way. It's still not too late to reconsider your stance. The increase in Radiant manifestations, Voidbringer sightings... The extreme weather, the heightened political climate..." She trailed off, expression distant. All of it was indicative of one thing, the one thing all Radiants feared.

The Night of Sorrows.

Jenna paced the room, hands in pockets as she took in the details. She was definitely in a house, but not one she had been inside of before. 

"Anyway, you know why I'm here... So let's cut to the chase. We are both interested in the welfare of young Radiants. So why didn't you call us? You know we have both the means and resources. Why put them at extended risk, rather than come to us for help?"

@Dr. Dapper

10 hours ago, Unodus said:

The last Everstorm drove them into extinction.

3 hours ago, Unodus said:

She folded her arms, "You've become awfully out of the loop on the bigger picture, by the way. It's still not too late to reconsider your stance. The increase in Radiant manifestations, Voidbringer sightings... The extreme weather, the heightened political climate..." She trailed off, expression distant. All of it was indicative of one thing, the one thing all Radiants feared.

-_-

*sigh*

Edited by xinoehp512

Adding onto that, I think what is bothering Xino is that is a worldbuilding detail that hasn’t been approved. While it is rather small and fun, it is best to make sure such details are ok in our plot planning pm before posting them to avoid conflict. Would you like to be added to the pm?

Edit: btw I’m just gonna have Ben sleep probably until everyone gets home from school cause it’s too late in the day for him to bother going. Sorry if I left you hanging with the texts Sorana.

@Unodus

@Sorana

Edited by Lunamor

14 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Helpful note to maybe not phrase things in a way that could be taken as rude, especially when Uno has made it clear that they don't have time to read 200+ pages of prior content.

Emoji edited. That one was better anyways.

3 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Edit: btw I’m just gonna have Ben sleep probably until everyone gets home from school cause it’s too late in the day for him to bother going. Sorry if I left you hanging with the texts Sorana.

Don't worry about it. I hope you weren't stressed, they were simply an offer that you can hop in any time.

Hi! I'm really excited to be here! Just let me know when I should jump in. (And if it should be at school, or randomly). I also haven't read much of this beyond the first post and two ish pages of recent ones, so I'll be learning about everything along with Aya.

On 15/01/2020 at 3:49 PM, Sorana said:

There was something on the ground, and she hurried there, picked it up. It was an adress, written on a slip of paper. It hadn't been there for too long, or someone would have stepped on it and additionally, she couldn't recall it lying there when she had looked out of the window. Lifting it up into the air she held it for her friends to see, growing cold when she realized that the adress, was only a street next to Doc's house.

So, there was no one there. Rob tried to suppress his disappointment. Catching the spy would have been a great achievement. But maybe the lesson was that all of this Voidbringer-attacking-stuff was too much, to the point that they were getting into unhealthy paranoia. Of course it was too much. The Voidbringers had forced Rob, forced Shana and the rest of the group to murder. Teenagers were supposed to live normal lives.

He looked to Shana with her sagged shoulders, closing her eyes briefly and he felt a dull sense of anger at the world, the whole situation of the Voidbringers. Shana had more guilt than anyone about murdering the Voidbringers. Voidbringers, who wouldn’t have thought twice to kill her and the rest of Rob’s friends which he held dear. She didn’t deserve this.

No one deserves this, he thought and looked curiously at the piece of paper Shana held up. An address. We want to help the Voidbringers, they just want to kill us. They’re almost like animals, the way they hate us. Not people.

“It seems she had some significance after all,” Rob said. Why would a normal citizen have a single address written down on a piece of paper.

7 hours ago, Tesh said:

Hi! I'm really excited to be here! Just let me know when I should jump in. (And if it should be at school, or randomly). I also haven't read much of this beyond the first post and two ish pages of recent ones, so I'll be learning about everything along with Aya.

Hello and welcome! You could meet our characters outside, or maybe stumble over Nym, who is still at school. If you were in the same art class, maybe you realize that she wrote down the first oath.

Shana nodded in agreement and reread the adress again. "Let's go." She decided. "Take s look and see what is there. It's so close to Doc's house, if they are building up something there."

With a shudder she pocketed the adress. "Just imagine the harm they could do, if they lived in our neighbourhood." Too much. And fighting admist civilians would be incredibly difficult as well. They would have to make sure nobody was harmed.

Her eyes darted from Rob to James as she hoped that they would agree. "We can simply ring the bell, be nice and hope they will let us take a look?"

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent

@Wyndlerunner

@Eluvianii

We had the idea on discord (a couple of hours ago for those who want to read the discussion), that the Voidbringer followed Uno here, as she is trying to free pur captive but doesn't know where we live. Jamie would join the fight as well, as would Jenna and afterwards we could go to Doc's place and really talk to Jenna.

Edited by Sorana

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana nodded in agreement and reread the adress again. "Let's go." She decided. "Take s look and see what is there. It's so close to Doc's house, if they are building up something there."

With a shudder she pocketed the adress. "Just imagine the harm they could do, if they lived in our neighbourhood." Too much. And fighting admist civilians would be incredibly difficult as well. They would have to make sure nobody was harmed.

Her eyes darted from Rob to James as she hoped that they would agree. "We can simply ring the bell, be nice and hope they will let us take a look?"

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent

@Wyndlerunner

@Eluvianii

In the end, all worries were justified, with them there was never a false alarm. Still, he was embarrased when he felt excitement along with the concern. Edwin had to turn away in case it showed on his face. But they were going to be just like spies, of course it was exciting, if he was going to risk his life, the least he could do was enjoy it. He even got to skip school out of the deal.

He made sure there was nothing important to take care of. Clases? One day wouldn't hurt. Books? They could spend the night in the locker. Food? There was always the house. Storms, I'm treating this like a field trip. See if I'm this happy when I'm about to die two hours from now. But right now that didn't matter. There was nothing to worry about.

Until he heard a rustling noise coming from his backpack.

"Uh, guys? Before we go, you should probably see this." Edwin took his backpack off and opened it in front of everyone. Inside there was his jacket, covered in hot dog leftovers and the cat trying to get out. He would have waited until they got home but he didn't want to risk the cat getting hurt in a potential fight. This way everyone would know at least, so they could think of something.

59 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Hello and welcome! You could meet our characters outside, or maybe stumble over Nym, who is still at school. If you were in the same art class, maybe you realize that she wrote down the first oath.

Thanks for the welcome! And Aya is actually a mistborn. I'll have her meet Nym in the hallways or something, if that's alright.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, Unodus said:

"Over seven years ago now? I know it was late December..." She muses aloud. Had it already been that long since the Mayan Doomsday prophecy that had thrust her into the chaotic world of Radiants?

Had she really only been 15 at the time?

The Night of Sorrows.

Jenna paced the room, hands in pockets as she took in the details. She was definitely in a house, but not one she had been inside of before. 

"Anyway, you know why I'm here... So let's cut to the chase. We are both interested in the welfare of young Radiants. So why didn't you call us? You know we have both the means and resources. Why put them at extended risk, rather than come to us for help?"

@Dr. Dapper

Doc sighed, shaking his head, "You presume to know everything, as always, but this time you're woefully ignorant of the bigger picture. And this picture is much bigger than even I could have imagined." he smiled, turning to face Jenna. "And of me. I already am a member of your organization. I always have been. They always make an effort to recruit Bondsmiths, after all. I assume they sent you to check up on me, or was I just an interesting bonus?" 

Doc leaned against the counter, watching Jenna pace around his kitchen. "That being said, I would very much appreciate some help with handling these young Radiants. It seems that they're always encountering trouble, usually something of Voidish nature, and I can't stop that from happening, as much as I would like to. So yes, I would very much like some help, if you're willing to give it." 

On 18.1.2020 at 7:54 AM, Eluvianii said:

"Uh, guys? Before we go, you should probably see this." Edwin took his backpack off and opened it in front of everyone. Inside there was his jacket, covered in hot dog leftovers and the cat trying to get out. He would have waited until they got home but he didn't want to risk the cat getting hurt in a potential fight. This way everyone would know at least, so they could think of something.

Shana turned and when he took his backpack off, she feared the worst. He had spotted some Voidbringers and was covering up on the fact that he'd noticed. She tensed, covertly looked around and found herself laughing when he held up a cat.

"A cat." She said loudly, wondered why he had a cat and then reached out for her. She sniffed her fingers and then allowed to be pet and Shana found herself smiling at the animal despite everything around.

"You should leave her outside of the house when we knock." She stated and then grinned. "And we need to buy some cat food - I mean we can keep her, him?" She added realized she had jumped to the conclusion that they would keep the cat. "I would like to have a cat."

@Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner @Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Rob watched silently as Edwin took a cat out of his backpack. Suddenly, it seemed like all tensions had dropped. A cat. Right here. Rob remembered the countless searches of cat pictures he had done on his phone, only imagining how it would be if he ever got to hold a fluffy cat. And now, one was right before him.

Don’t show your feelings, Rob. Don’t do it.

But it was so hard with the fluffy cat. Rib felt his barriers begin to dissolve, but stood strong, made sure to keep the mask on and not reveal how he felt. Instead, just as Shana pet the cat Rob did too, the soft fur threatening to melt Rob’s heart.

“I agree with keeping the cat,” Rob said and tried to keep the enthusiasm out of his voice. Work. Focus on work. He looked to Shana. “And I also agree with just ringing the doorbell. But we’ll need to be careful they don’t shoot lightning at us through the door or something else.“

Edwin relaxed when they said they wanted to keep it. He had feared he'd had to let it go as soon as someone saw it. Hopefully no one was allergic to cats, and then they had to get Doc's permission. But it was a start.

"I found it on the way to school. Doesn't look like it's eaten much recently so I couldn't leave it there alone. I figured you had to know before there were any fights."

Rob mentioned lightning and Edwin was brought back to reality if only a little.

"So yeah, let's leave him.. her," this was getting confusing. "outside. And let's hope things aren't as dangerous as they look."

@Sorana @Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Wyndlerunner

"I agree." Shana shouldered her bag and started to walk over to the nearest bus station. Cassie was still working, but there was a bus leaving soon, so they were fine. "I will text Doc and the others, so that they know what we're about to do."

She pulled out her mobile and took a picture of the adress, writing a short sentence to go with it.

A suspicious person dropped this adress. Edwin, James, Rob and me go to investigate. We should be there in about half an hour, if anybody wants to meet up.

Then she posted it in their group and put her mobile away again. It would make itself known should one of the other reply and they were four. They should be able to take on a small number of enemies on their own.

"Did one of you bring some weapons?" She asked instead while she watched the bus near their station. "I obviously didn't, but I still hope we don't need them."

@Eluvianii @Wyndlerunner @Ookla the Maybe-Existent

If anybody wants to hop in and join, feel free to do so.

@Dapper as discussed so that you can move Jamie

@Luna: could be a good way for Ben to wake up, as well, if you want to.

@Dr. Dapper @Lunamor

==============

@Ookla the very snazzy

see Tesh' post above mine. Tagged you, since tagging inside of quote boxes doesn't work.

Edited by Sorana

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

“Did one of you bring some weapons?" She asked instead while she watched the bus near their station. "I obviously didn't, but I still hope we don't need them."

“No weapons,” Rob replied bluntly. He followed Shana to the bus station and wondered if it would be a problem for his grades if he skipped classes. No, it probably wouldn’t. And it didn’t matter anyway; he was a Stoneward, he stuck with his friends and would have their back even if the entire world was against him.

“I can make some knives out of stone, though, if you guys want that.”

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent