AonEne

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Do you want to dance?"

Shana asked and searched for the others. They were all here and she smiled when she saw them talking. But for now, she would spend some time with Ben.

"Or we could grab some food first?"

“Um...”

Ben thought for a moment. Even though he had practiced a little bit of dancing, he was still worried that he would completely humiliate Shana. Best to put it off as long as possible.

”Can we get some food first?”

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Um...”

Ben thought for a moment. Even though he had practiced a little bit of dancing, he was still worried that he would completely humiliate Shana. Best to put it off as long as possible.

”Can we get some food first?”

"Sure."

Shana continued to hold his hand, unwilling to let go.

"It's over there."

Leaning over she added quieter.

"I can't dance. But I'll try for you and improvise something."

23 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Sure."

Shana continued to hold his hand, unwilling to let go.

"It's over there."

Leaning over she added quieter.

"I can't dance. But I'll try for you and improvise something."

Ben internally breathed a sigh of relief. 

“I-I can’t really dance either. I mean, I practiced a little bit... but yeah, I’m pretty hopeless in that area.” 

He grinned sheepishly.

10 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben internally breathed a sigh of relief. 

“I-I can’t really dance either. I mean, I practiced a little bit... but yeah, I’m pretty hopeless in that area.” 

He grinned sheepishly.

Shana grinned as well.

"We could grab some food, skip the dancing part and go for a walk?"

She suggested, because she knew how uncomfortable he was around crowds. And she didn't mind. She wanted to spend some time with him.

15 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James had never particularly loved school dances, but this was prom, and was therefore a special occasion- so he put on his happy face. A slow song started up, and James breathed a sigh of happiness, "You know" he said to Sawyer, "They almost never played slow songs where I come from." 

Oh for the love of the Almighty, just ask her James! The Nightwatcher burst out. 

"So" he added, tentatively, "Do you want to dance?" He proffered her his arm, and smiled a nervous, but enthusiastic, smile.

@Taradiddle

"Of course." Sawyer took his arm. How the heck is this supposed to work?!

23 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana grinned as well.

"We could grab some food, skip the dancing part and go for a walk?"

She suggested, because she knew how uncomfortable he was around crowds. And she didn't mind. She wanted to spend some time with him.

“That sounds great.”

Ben walked over to the food, waving at Flid and Leona. They were cute together.

37 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“That sounds great.”

Ben walked over to the food, waving at Flid and Leona. They were cute together.

Shana followed him to the food and grabbed a platter. Then she put whatever looked nice on it, until it was full. She would have to return for dessert later.

17 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana followed him to the food and grabbed a platter. Then she put whatever looked nice on it, until it was full. She would have to return for dessert later.

Ben grabbed a plate and put quite a bit of cheese and crackers on it, carefully arranging them by size and shape.

7 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

“It’s fine.” Ashlyn says, “It’s more interesting than the usual answers of books, tv, and sports.”

She smiles at him, “I like thinking too.”

“You should...” Rob trailed off as he saw Leona look in his direction, widen her eyes, and then resume talking with Flid. What did it mean? Was there something wrong with him, his clothes? Speaking of thinking, Rob’s mind was on overtime trying to figure out what was wrong. Face still impassive, he looked over himself, shoes, trousers, coat.

“You should join the philosophy club at school,” he said, then looked up at Ashlyn.

“Hey, do I look alright?” It wasn’t until after he’d spoken did he realise it was a bit direct.

Edited by I think I am here.

17 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Ben grabbed a plate and put quite a bit of cheese and crackers on it, carefully arranging them by size and shape.

Shana led him to a table at the side.

"Let's head outside after eating?"

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“You should...” Rob trailed off as he saw Leona look in his direction, widen her eyes, and then resume talking with Flid. What did it mean? Was there something wrong with him, his clothes? Speaking of thinking, Rob’s mind was on overtime trying to figure out what was wrong. Face still impassive, he looked over himself, shoes, trousers, coat.

“You should join the philosophy club at school,” he said, then looked up at Ashlyn.

“Hey, do I look alright?” It wasn’t until after he’d spoken did he realise it was a bit direct.

Ashlyn was slightly startled by the question, “Uh, yeah. Why?”

@I think I am here.

Edited by Blessing of Potency

28 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Sure.” 

Ben started to eat his food, unsure as to what to talk about next.

Shana smiled at him and ate as well.

"Do you think you could maybe cover us? Then we can avoid questions why we head outside, before it's really started."

Just now, Sorana said:

Shana smiled at him and ate as well.

"Do you think you could maybe cover us? Then we can avoid questions why we head outside, before it's really started."

Ben smiled back.

“I probably could, yeah. Good idea.”

He had been practicing with illusions a lot more lately, in case he could use them to help out in combat somehow.

Just now, Lunamor said:

Ben smiled back.

“I probably could, yeah. Good idea.”

He had been practicing with illusions a lot more lately, in case he could use them to help out in combat somehow.

"Cool."

Shana grinned at him, inhaled a tiny amount of stormlight and pulverized a potato on her plate.

"They were cooked to long..."

she offered as matter of explanation.

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Cool."

Shana grinned at him, inhaled a tiny amount of stormlight and pulverized a potato on her plate.

"They were cooked to long..."

she offered as matter of explanation.

Ben, a bit jealous of Shana’s ability to destroy stuff like that, eyed a particularly ugly fry on his plate. He made sure that no one nearby was looking his direction, then lightweaved it to look like a normal, delicious fry. He snatched it up and ate it, grinning and trying to ignore the extremely soggy texture of the fry.

13 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben, a bit jealous of Shana’s ability to destroy stuff like that, eyed a particularly ugly fry on his plate. He made sure that no one nearby was looking his direction, then lightweaved it to look like a normal, delicious fry. He snatched it up and ate it, grinning and trying to ignore the extremely soggy texture of the fry.

Shana leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Do you see that girl over there? She makes fun of Leona. The one in the red dress, with the guy in the grey tux."

She inhaled a little bit more stormlight and slicked the carrot the girl was trying to eat. When she tried to pick it up with her fork, the carrot slipped away, directly on her dress and left a large stain. Shana quickly turned away and hid her laugh behind a glass of water.

Edited by Sorana

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"Do you see that girl over there? She makes fun of Leona. The one in the red dress, with the guy in the grey tux."

She inhaled a little bit more stormlight and slicked the carrot the girl was trying to eat. When she tried to pick it up with her fork, the carrot slipped away, directly on her dress and left a large stain. Shana quickly turned away and hid her laugh behind a glass of water.

Ben, somehow managing to keep a straight face, attached a lightweaving to Glint and sent him the girl’s direction. A few seconds later, a large fart noise could be heard coming from her direction. 

“I feel like I’m 4!”

he said, trying to keep his laughter somewhat contained to avoid raising any suspicions.

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Ben, somehow managing to keep a straight face, attached a lightweaving to Glint and sent him the girl’s direction. A few seconds later, a large fart noise could be heard coming from her direction. 

“I feel like I’m 4!”

he said, trying to keep his laughter somewhat contained to avoid raising any suspicions.

Shana buried her face in his shoulder and laughed silently.

"Let's see how they handle that."

She turned to another one of Leona's classmates, a boy who was dancing an showing of. Slicking his shoes was so easy, and the sight when he lost his grip and fell on the floor was worth diamonds.

"Good thing we're no boring adults."

Seemingly innocent she ate another fry and considered pulverizing all of them.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Shana buried her face in his shoulder and laughed silently.

"Let's see how they handle that."

She turned to another one of Leona's classmates, a boy who was dancing an showing of. Slicking his shoes was so easy, and the sight when he lost his grip and fell on the floor was worth diamonds.

"Good thing we're no boring adults."

Seemingly innocent she ate another fry and considered pulverizing all of them.

“Yep. Using mystical powers to create banana peel and whoopee cushion like effects is something only us children are allowed to do.”

A small lightweaving caused the boy to mistake where exactly the floor was and he fell again, his yelp of surprise carrying across the gym as far louder than it should have been. Ben would have felt bad for him, except he had once seen him ripping up library books and throwing the pages at people. No one did that and got away with it on his watch.