Welcome to Chullburger, home of the Chullburger, can I take your order?

Calderis

OK, so Brandon has said this. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

What does chull meat taste like? Surf, turf, or both?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

I would go both on that. Definitely both. A little bit of each.

Oathbringer Portland signing (Nov. 16, 2017)

So now, I want to take some steak, and shrimp or crab, and throw them in a grinder and make Chullburgers. 

Was laughing about this in Discord with @Firerust

Me: "Welcome to chullburgers, home of the chullburger, can I take your order?"

Firerust: "I’ll have the number 3 with a side of chouta and a clear orange." 

Me: yells to back "One shell, side of goop, and the weak no color!" 

So uh... Yeah. Place orders, come up with restaurant shorthand, or just talk about how you'd make a chullburger. 

I'm obviously to hungry to be here right now. 

Edited by Calderis

13 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Welp...I think Im going to have to try grilling some Beef&Tuna patties tonight.  I'll report back if I survive

That is... Not the combination I'd have chosen. Whatever works for you though, my friend. 

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

That is... Not the combination I'd have chosen. Whatever works for you though, my friend. 

Honestly it has more to do with what I have in the house at the moment, but I have a couple idea's that might make it work: I think I can use Anchovy juice (aka Worcestershire sauce) to tie it together.  It will be a spectacular Success or an equally spectacular Failure. 

20 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Welp...I think Im going to have to try grilling some Beef&Tuna patties tonight.  I'll report back if I survive

That sounds horrible...let us know how it turns out!

I have a local burger joint where you can have a ground shrimp patty burger.  I've often wondered what it would taste like to have one of those patties with a regular beef patty.  Now I think I might have to try it, for science!

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

So uh... Yeah. Place orders, come up with restaurant shorthand, or just talk about how you'd make a chullburger. 

I'll have my chullburger medium well, honey bbq sauce, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes,  hold the onions,  on rye with a jug of violet.

Edited by Nathrangking

2 hours ago, CosmicSieve said:

I'll have the chicken!

Gotta be more specific, friend.

*inhales deeply* we've got color chicken, stilt chicken, hover chicken bites, diving chicken, swoop chicken breast, lavis battered song chicken, swoop chicken, pompous chicken frills and the always popular fried alarm chicken wings. 

2 hours ago, Gasper said:

Anybody have a good pairing for Horneater white?

This is a family establishment. Ww keep some on hand for adult Horneaters. But serving this to anyone else is just asking for trouble. 

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I'll have my chullburger medium well, honey bbq sauce, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes,  hold the onions,  on rye with a jug of violet.

OK, that's slightly crispy... Mix the male and female Vorin sauces... The crazy veggies we gotta import... Same with the bread... And uh, we only serve violet in jugs to parties of three or more, I assume a glass would suffice? 

23 minutes ago, Aminar said:

I can see some Beef Sashimi on a crab roll with maybe a spicy red sauce being fantastic. I should talk to the local sushi shef....

Oooooooo

2 minutes ago, Calderis said:

OK, that's slightly crispy... Mix the male and female Vorin sauces... The crazy veggies we gotta import... Same with the bread... And uh, we only serve violet in jugs to parties of three or more, I assume a glass would suffice? 

That will be fine.

6 hours ago, Iadn said:

That sounds horrible...let us know how it turns out!

So, it was actually surprisingly good.  Not, like, full Shokugeki food-gasm good, and I cooked them a little more on the well-done side than I usually prefer, but both the beef and tuna flavors were present and managed to work together nicely.  

Recipe as follows:

Spoiler

5 lb beef

1.5 lb tuna

4 tbs Worcestershire sauce

3 tbs minced garlic

1 tbs onion powder

1 tbs lemon pepper

2 eggs (as a binder)

Thoroughly mix all ingredients, make patties, grill over flame. Makes ~8 large patties.  Top with cheese and condiments of choice (I used Colby jack and ketchup). Potato buns recommended.

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

So, it was actually surprisingly good.  Not, like, full Shokugeki food-gasm good, and I cooked them a little more on the well-done side than I usually prefer, but both the beef and tuna flavors were present and managed to work together nicely.  

Recipe as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

5 lb beef

1.5 lb tuna

4 tbs Worcestershire sauce

3 tbs minced garlic

1 tbs onion powder

1 tbs lemon pepper

2 eggs (as a binder)

Thoroughly mix all ingredients, make patties, grill over flame. Makes ~8 large patties.  Top with cheese and condiments of choice (I used Colby jack and ketchup). Potato buns recommended.

I am intrigued enough to do something I may regret. Well done, sir. 

10 hours ago, Calderis said:

I am intrigued enough to do something I may regret. Well done, sir. 

Let me know how they turn out for you.  They were a little dry for me, but I dont know if that was an effect of the tuna or just me over-cooking them.

I laughed out loud the first time this was brought up, and I'm laughing again looking through this thread. The stuff we do when we're hungry. I now crave homemade chullburgers. Tomorrow, maybe.

*Ahem*

The shell, side of goop, and weak no color were really good. Definitely recommending this place to others I know. Shell was a bit too crunchy for my taste, but that's just based on personal preference. 9/10.

• Chaos locked this topic