Dawn of a New Era

Lord Meeker

Senate poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Great Guilds have how many additional representatives?

• 1 additional representative
    • Depend on member count
  2. 2. Which rules, listed in post, should take effect?

• Rule 1 should take effect
    • Rule 2 should take effect
    • Rule 3 should take effect
    • Rule 4 should take effect
    • Rule 5 should take effect
    • Rule 6 should take effect
    • Rule 7 should take effect
    • Rule 8 should take effect
    • Rule 9 should take effect
    • Rule 10 should take effect
  3. 3. Which shoud the elected Chancellor be from

5 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Quick thing, we weren't going to have 2 houses anymore due to the complexity that adds.  Every senator would have the same and equal power and abilities to every other senator.  

And they would all be a part of the same senate.

Actually, that has been voted against.

10 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

When was that? The "Republic" won the vote...

The 2 house idea was listed as the "US Gov System" or something like that...

Ah, sorry, it is slightly different, the great guilds get multiple reps. My mistake.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:03 PM, Lord Meeker said:

The Keepers: Furamirionind, Ark1002, Ookla the Palindrome, Chasmfiend#1

Uh... @Ken Kaneki voted for this one, and I'm pretty sure @FeuerBrisingr did to.

EDIT: Sorry bout the double post, forgot I posted last.
DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks to Meeker.

Edited by Ark1002

5 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Could you add canton of combat to the minor guilds list? I'll count as one member and if @MinatoRising comes back for Era 3 then he might count as another.

Be sure to tell him to indicate that next time they're on. I'd prefer to have everyone tell me or publicly state it themselves, to avoid the pitfalls of assumptions. But I can add you to the OP.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:03 PM, Lord Meeker said:

6. The Senate can impeach the Chancellor by a supermajority (⅔)decision, and if convicted of felony or high crime, Chancellor is removed from office and punished by law.

7. Senators may be impeached by the decision of all other senators, and are likewise tried in a court of law. If convicted of a felony or high crime, they are removed from office and punished by law.

Quick question about this, why does the impeachment of a senator have to be unanimus, while the impeachment of a chancellor is 2/3 majority?

La la la! I can't hear you! Deadlines aren't real!

At least the Index is kind of done. It and the government are on track to be finished in time. But I haven't even looked at making edits to the Guide thread to account for all the stuff we've established...:)

The plan (as I remember it) was to have a bicameral republic, similar to the US government. (The idea was Mac's) This plan provides seperation of power between more powerful guilds and less powerful ones by creating a seprate house for Great Guilds in the new goernment. 

Beta Alleyverse Constitution:

1. A governing body shall be created to provide laws and a justice system to the Alleyverse. 

2. This body shall consist of two (2) lawmaking assemblies.

3. These assemblies shall consist of representives chosen by and from the various guilds within the Alleyverse, with the exception of one, who is to be chosen by vote of the people. 

4. The makeup of each assembly (hereafter known as a "House") will be based on the number of members a guild has. 

5. The fisrt, or higher House shall consist of members of the most populous or, Great Guilds, as well as an elected seat.

6. The second, or lower House shall consist of members from the other guilds. 

7. Due to the number of lower guilds, there shall be a number of "slots" that guild representives can run for in an election. 

8. Each House shall have various resonsibilities that pertain to the makeup of said House.

9. The more important decisions are to be voted on by both Houses.

10. A Chancellor shall be elected by the Houses, and serve to break ties, and approve of decisions made by the Houses.

(There will be more, trust me.)

I thought the chancellor is someone from outside the reps? Or is everybody allowed to vote and everybody allowed to run for the position? There was something like this, though I'm not really sure what it was.

Edited by Sorana

13 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Ah, sorry, it is slightly different, the great guilds get multiple reps. My mistake.

Uh... @Ken Kaneki voted for this one, and I'm pretty sure @FeuerBrisingr did to.

EDIT: Sorry bout the double post, forgot I posted last.
DOUBLE EDIT: Thanks to Meeker.

FeuerBrisingr was Ookla the Palindrome. My original name was Sazedezas, hence the Ookle name, and when I changed it on Head Munching Day I decided to shake things up a bit. Sorry for any confusion.

So when we did the Era 2 time skip I made a thread called 16 year peace where we put short stories that happened there. Should I make one for the 1 year skip? What should I call it? I'm thinking something along the lines of 'The aftermath' or something following voidus' release, also, when is Era 3 starting? do we have a date or are we just doing it whenever.