The Last Post Wins!!!!!

9 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Yup. And then you get baseball batted or back thrown and die. Ness is really annoying. He does have some cool combos, but most of the time he just shoots PK fire.

Good ness players are cool, but the thing is most anyone who plays ness thinks his only move is pk fire

Edited by Shard of Reading
Typo

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

Yup, I completely agree. What are everyone's thoughts on DLC characters?

Most are cool, although I hat Min-min with a burning passion, and I don’t know what sakurai was thinking when he put piranha plant in the game. Pyra/Mythra is really fun to play, but way too good for the amount of work I had to put in to learn the character. 
Who do you main?

I haven't decided for Ultimate yet. In sm4sh I played Mario and Meta Knight. I personally think that Steve is kind of just stupidly good. Kazuya is really good as well, but counterplay seems a bit more obvious for him. Pyra/Mythra is really just one of those characters. They are really good, and you don't have to really practice too be good at them. Besides that, most of the DLC is more normal, though MkLeo's Byleth looks just insane, but that's the best player for you.

Edited by That1Cellist

1 minute ago, That1Cellist said:

I haven't decided for Ultimate yet. In sm4sh I played Mario and Meta Knight. I personally think that Steve is kind of just stupidly good. Kazuya is really good as well, but counterplay seems a bit more obvious for him. Pyra/Mythra is really just one of those characters. They are really good, and you don't have to really practice too be good at them. Besides that, most of the DLC is more normal, though MkLeo's Byleth looks just insane, but that's the best player for you.

I mean Leo could pick up Gannon and make him look busted. Both Steve and Kazuya have really high skill ceilings, and while I’m fine with Kazuya because cool combos and double dunks with nair, Steve is just busted and not in a way that is fun to watch or play against. (I.E. A-cola) Gosh darn spellcheck won’t let me type. I’m trying to talk about this kid:https://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Acola

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

I mean Leo could pick up Gannon and make him look busted. Both Steve and Kazuya have really high skill ceilings, and while I’m fine with Kazuya because cool combos and double dunks with nair, Steve is just busted and not in a way that is fun to watch or play against. (I.E. A-cola) Gosh darn spellcheck won’t let me type. I’m trying to talk about this kid:https://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Acola

Yeah, I know about him. I think that people who want to ban Steve are a little quick to judge. Yes, he is great, but I want to see what kind results he gets after people adapt to play against him and learn matchups. Who are your favorite pros to watch? I've been watching Riddles recently, since I think his characters have really high skill ceilings, and it's fun to see a capable person play with them. Do you think Sparg0 is going to become number 1? I think he might be currently, but I think Leo is still better, for now.

9 minutes ago, Experience said:

I love dlc characters. Their Kirby powers are fun to abuse lol 

Spoiler

The image won’t work. I was going to have a picture of Steve Kirby, because that is so beautiful  

8 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Yeah, I know about him. I think that people who want to ban Steve are a little quick to judge. Yes, he is great, but I want to see what kind results he gets after people adapt to play against him and learn matchups. Who are your favorite pros to watch? I've been watching Riddles recently, since I think his characters have really high skill ceilings, and it's fun to see a capable person play with them. Do you think Sparg0 is going to become number 1? I think he might be currently, but I think Leo is still better, for now.

Steve is just a really deep player and counter play will take a while to develop. (Leo is going to make me eat my words when he runs into a-cola in bracket)

As for rankings, Leo is #1 and cola is #2. Sparg0 is on hiatus for mental health, so while I still think he’s #2 he won’t be competing for a while. I’d also put riddles, Kola and Light in top 10. As for fun people to watch, Light is by far the best. He plays so fast it breaks my brain.

Edited by Shard of Reading

3 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Steve is just a really deep player and counter play will take a while to develop. (Leo is going to make me eat my words when he runs into a-cola in bracket)

As for rankings, Leo is #1 and cola is #2. Sparg0 is on hiatus for mental health, so while I still think he’s #2 he won’t be competing for a while. I’d also put riddles, Kola and Light in top 10. As for fun people to watch, Light is by far the best. He plays so fast it breaks my brain.

I agree with those rankings, though I didn't know the Sparg0 news. Fox is not even close to my favorite character, but you must have to be so good at quickly processing information to play like Light does. Another player who is pretty cool is Void. I think that if Sheik was better, or if he played a better character, he would be one of the more dominant players in the world.

3 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I agree with those rankings, though I didn't know the Sparg0 news. Fox is not even close to my favorite character, but you must have to be so good at quickly processing information to play like Light does. Another player who is pretty cool is Void. I think that if Sheik was better, or if he played a better character, he would be one of the more dominant players in the world.

To my understanding slingshot really helps sheik, so you might be seeming more of void. 
Also, another really fun player is Ilan he’s a ryu main from Chicago. He got 9th at Genesis 8. (Not at all biased when so cheer for him.) Also Marss really fun to watch. 

12 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

To my understanding slingshot really helps sheik, so you might be seeming more of void. 
Also, another really fun player is Ilan he’s a ryu main from Chicago. He got 9th at Genesis 8. (Not at all biased when so cheer for him.) Also Marss really fun to watch. 

Yeah, I love watching VoiD. His joker footstool gun combos are sick. I'm a Marss fan too #ZSSsucks

24 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The image won’t work. I was going to have a picture of Steve Kirby, because that is so beautiful  

Light is by far the best. He plays so fast it breaks my brain.

Light is crazy. It's so cool how consistent he's gotten recently.

Edit: Should we make a smash thread or something? It's crazy how many fans there are here

Edited by Shining Silhouette

8 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Yeah, I love watching VoiD. His joker footstool gun combos are sick. I'm a Marss fan too #ZSSsucks

Light is crazy. It's so cool how consistent he's gotten recently.

Edit: Should we make a smash thread or something? It's crazy how many fans there are here

There probably already is a thread but if there ever was, it’s long dead. You should probably make another. 

13 minutes ago, Experience said:

Okay, you tell yourself :P

Nope, I'm not going to say it so that I can pretend you still have integrety.:P

(You're still the best even if I must look past some unfortunate habits)

Edited by Frustration

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Please tell me you aren't a Kirby main.

My brother is. And he demolishes me.

Seriously.

And he's two years younger that me.

(Though maybe that says something about my skill...)

Edited by The Bookwyrm

49 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Nope, I'm not going to say it so that I can pretend you still have integrety.:P

(You're still the best even if I must look past some unfortunate habits)

It really is just to shut up all the players that think they are so good and that Kirby sucks lol