Hey, @Voidus, could you please help me out? I need a powerset. More specifically, a few loose ideas for an interesting and unique power to compliment a character design I'm working on! The information I have worked out so far is:

Anya is a combat pragmatist teenaged superhero who is good at fighting, but is also incredibly socially awkward/anxious. Maybe stealthy? Her team is called the Elementals, and they're all associated with the periodic table of elements. I picked carbon (6), because pencils and diamonds, but also basically anything to do with life. I've considered shape shifting/talking to animals/matter ttransference to carbon isotypes/inpenetrable skin, but I feel like those are a little predictable and when I realized I wanted something unique, I thought of your awesome amounts of Epics. We're going to be animating these characters, so maybe not too complicated. 
Thanks!
(If anyone else has any ideas, please share those, I just asked Voidus specifically, cuz, you know, the BINDERS FULL OF EPIC EPIC IDEAS)

Maybe being able to climb stuff like spider-man because carbon forms lots of bonds?

Maybe that as a secondary.  Transferring carbon between its different forms would be okay.  Then you could use pencils as weapons!

Or completely destabilize the artificially-jacked-up diamond economy.

Also, graphene.

EDIT: Minor Epic Coalition.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

4 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Maybe being able to climb stuff like spider-man because carbon forms lots of bonds?

Maybe that as a secondary.  Transferring carbon between its different forms would be okay.  Then you could use pencils as weapons!

Or completely destabilize the artificially-jacked-up diamond economy.

Also, graphene.

I was already thinking about spider-people. I think I will use that as a secondary or a tertiary, though I don't want to get too close to that as a core, hence her being incredibly socially anxious as opposed to quippy. Also, I think I'd rather stick away from transferance in general as well. there's a bunch of people in the class and I think some will already use that. (Anya is actually the name of a spiderwoman, which I cannot deny is part of why I picked it.)

EDIT: Also, there's no established origin besides "element themed."

Edited by winter devotion

YESSS!

Every time we get a Twi post it feels like an unexpected present.  This one was especially great seeing how Jade has self esteem issues, and is so sad and accepting of what she thinks is inevitable, not getting the fact that Nathan is her friend.  The part about keeping the jacket was very realistic too, and is one of those small details that many authors don't add that makes the people real.  If Jade and Nathan die, I'm pretty sure the entire RP would make their profile pictures black in mourning.

10 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

YESSS!

Every time we get a Twi post it feels like an unexpected present.  This one was especially great seeing how Jade has self esteem issues, and is so sad and accepting of what she thinks is inevitable, not getting the fact that Nathan is her friend.  The part about keeping the jacket was very realistic too, and is one of those small details that many authors don't add that makes the people real.  If Jade and Nathan die, I'm pretty sure the entire RP would make their profile pictures black in mourning.

Yup. Hadn't thought of it myself, but if they died and someone suggested that, I would have readily done so. Because they're just that great.

Also, does anyone know when those invitations from Epoch should be out?

19 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

YESSS!

AHH! Thank you so much! I'm glad the bit with the jacket worked—I was worried that would come across as unrealistic, or superfluous, but it seemed like the kind of thing he would do. And I figured Jade's self-esteem would've taken a serious hit, after she got out from Calamity's corruption. 

I didn't know they were so loved. ^_^ 

7 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Yup. Hadn't thought of it myself, but if they died and someone suggested that, I would have readily done so. Because they're just that great.

Also, does anyone know when those invitations from Epoch should be out?

Thank you so much! ^_^ 

I dunno, it doesn't take long to wad up a piece of paper and throw it at someone's forehead, but hunting down all those people might take some time. :ph34r::P 

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Hey, @Voidus, could you please help me out? I need a powerset. More specifically, a few loose ideas for an interesting and unique power to compliment a character design I'm working on! The information I have worked out so far is:

Anya is a combat pragmatist teenaged superhero who is good at fighting, but is also incredibly socially awkward/anxious. Maybe stealthy? Her team is called the Elementals, and they're all associated with the periodic table of elements. I picked carbon (6), because pencils and diamonds, but also basically anything to do with life. I've considered shape shifting/talking to animals/matter ttransference to carbon isotypes/inpenetrable skin, but I feel like those are a little predictable and when I realized I wanted something unique, I thought of your awesome amounts of Epics. We're going to be animating these characters, so maybe not too complicated. 
Thanks!
(If anyone else has any ideas, please share those, I just asked Voidus specifically, cuz, you know, the BINDERS FULL OF EPIC EPIC IDEAS)

Depends how hard you want to go on the relationship to carbon, like a tie to the actual element? Or just something weakly aligned with it?
Organic chem is super fun if you want to go a technical route, otherwise if you're just thinking of properties of Carbon there's a few things that come to mind:

Diamond skin is a classic superhero power, definitely fits in well in the Reckonerverse.
Coal if you want to go the villain route, either transmutation of other carbon based substances into coal or a fire Epic with a side effect of coal smoke when they use their fire.
Graphene is a great conductor so possibly the ability to change thermal or electrical conductivity?

But if you want to go a stealth route you probably want something related to nanotubes or nanobuds. There's a bunch or research being done on all the potential uses they could have still so it probably wouldn't have a hard-science backing but you can get away with a little handwavium.
Ideas: Wearable electronics, stealth suits (Chameleon effect / undetectable to radar, heat sensors, etc.), lightweight incredibly resilient body armour.
As for how you work that into their actual power you could go one of two routes: The ability to produce carbon nanotubes of desired properties at will, or greatly enhanced intelligence and go with the mad inventor type.

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Oh, Calamity.

I just realized that Viktor could drain the skill of fighting the corruption.

Or Kokichi's skill of blocking their emotions away.

Am I the only one who realized this when we confirmed that he could drain Bloodlight's pain-tolerance?

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

Depends how hard you want to go on the relationship to carbon, like a tie to the actual element? Or just something weakly aligned with it?
Organic chem is super fun if you want to go a technical route, otherwise if you're just thinking of properties of Carbon there's a few things that come to mind:

Diamond skin is a classic superhero power, definitely fits in well in the Reckonerverse.
Coal if you want to go the villain route, either transmutation of other carbon based substances into coal or a fire Epic with a side effect of coal smoke when they use their fire.
Graphene is a great conductor so possibly the ability to change thermal or electrical conductivity?

But if you want to go a stealth route you probably want something related to nanotubes or nanobuds. There's a bunch or research being done on all the potential uses they could have still so it probably wouldn't have a hard-science backing but you can get away with a little handwavium.
Ideas: Wearable electronics, stealth suits (Chameleon effect / undetectable to radar, heat sensors, etc.), lightweight incredibly resilient body armour.
As for how you work that into their actual power you could go one of two routes: The ability to produce carbon nanotubes of desired properties at will, or greatly enhanced intelligence and go with the mad inventor type.

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of some sort of smoke based abilities—how does this look?

Real name: Anya (something). I’m thinking she either doesn’t have a last name or it means something in a different language.

Callsign: This is a work in progress. Preferably not animal themed or ending in “girl/woman”— I’m a fan of the two words into one, but short names are useful too. Nothing too hard to pronounce.

Primary: Smoke screen. Anya can generate and (very loosely) control a smokey substance that blocks the vision of her opponents while making it difficult to breath. She’s immune to it. Perhaps she can control how dense it is.

Primary passive: Wall sticking. Because carbon makes lots of bonds and also because it’s cool. 

Secondary passive: Default enhancement portfolio to physical treats, focusing on dexterity, perception, and strength but with no particular disadvantage in speed or endurance. She doesn’t have any mental buffs, and the experience of growing up with her powers make it incredibly difficult to relate to people normally/talk at all

Limits: I want to make it that using her primary for too long has some sort of energy cost— whether that be through dehydration, hunger, exhaustion, body fats, or something. Maybe her internal resistance to her own powers isn’t infailabke and the longer she’s using them, the harder it gets for her to breathe? 

I’ll post some drawings of her finalized appearance/the project if any of ya’ll are curious! 

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of some sort of smoke based abilities—how does this look?

Real name: Anya (something). I’m thinking she either doesn’t have a last name or it means something in a different language.

Callsign: This is a work in progress. Preferably not animal themed or ending in “girl/woman”— I’m a fan of the two words into one, but short names are useful too. Nothing too hard to pronounce.

Primary: Smoke screen. Anya can generate and (very loosely) control a smokey substance that blocks the vision of her opponents while making it difficult to breath. She’s immune to it. Perhaps she can control how dense it is.

Primary passive: Wall sticking. Because carbon makes lots of bonds and also because it’s cool. 

Secondary passive: Default enhancement portfolio to physical treats, focusing on dexterity, perception, and strength but with no particular disadvantage in speed or endurance. She doesn’t have any mental buffs, and the experience of growing up with her powers make it incredibly difficult to relate to people normally/talk at all

Limits: I want to make it that using her primary for too long has some sort of energy cost— whether that be through dehydration, hunger, exhaustion, body fats, or something. Maybe her internal resistance to her own powers isn’t infailabke and the longer she’s using them, the harder it gets for her to breathe? 

I’ll post some drawings of her finalized appearance/the project if any of ya’ll are curious! 

Yes.:D

@winter devotion, i finally got around to coming up with a response to your Kokichi post, and I noticed that 120-something street is on the other side of Edmonton, in the general area of Westmount and Inglewood. I'd prefer the van stop here (because it'd be a nice place to have an encounter), but I'm not sure what would happen. Are there any Epics on that side of the city?

[After a brief search] The location is pretty close to Nicroburst @The Young Pyromancer, but is closer to Blank's territory. It also lies within Doubletake's former territory, so perhaps we could have a run-in with one of her former cronies. That being said, Orbit isn't too far either (about the same distance as Nicroburst's base), so the options are all up there.

This is also an opportunity for anyone to introduce an Epic they haven't yet.

2 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

@winter devotion, i finally got around to coming up with a response to your Kokichi post, and I noticed that 120-something street is on the other side of Edmonton, in the general area of Westmount and Inglewood. I'd prefer the van stop here (because it'd be a nice place to have an encounter), but I'm not sure what would happen. Are there any Epics on that side of the city?

[After a brief search] The location is pretty close to Nicroburst @The Young Pyromancer, but is closer to Blank's territory. It also lies within Doubletake's former territory, so perhaps we could have a run-in with one of her former cronies. That being said, Orbit isn't too far either (about the same distance as Nicroburst's base), so the options are all up there.

Oh, right, I picked it cuz it's the street Destination Donuts is on, sorry. 

40 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

37 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Oh, right, I picked it cuz it's the street Destination Donuts is on, sorry. 

So the plan was still to have Jade and Nathan show up in Destination Donuts, correct?