Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

By the way, my current character list is messed up. Most of the people n it are either dead, (Eric Darkhold had his neck broken by the Jackal, and the Alchemist died of cancer jsut recently,) Or on the other side of the world. Actually, The Jackal is the only one on the list that is actually one of my characters.

By the way, I'm demoting Thel to special NPC, so I have room for another character. That, and he is really a plot device. As in, "Oh, Thel is leading the Precursors in," In case I'm not there. I intend to advise this course of action to all Precursor leaders.

Emotion: Informative, and cheerful.

Also, I'm going to post Walkers edited profile as soon as possible. I'll try not ot rp until then. I forgot until just now that I hadn't done that.

Emotion: Guilty.

Hello all, me and Woodrack formulated a plan and here is the end product. I give you Maxwell Williamson V2!

Spoiler

Name: Maxwell Williamson (Returned)

Powers: He has the epic abilities to never run out of bullets in specific guns and has a superhuman reaction time. He is also a Returned.

Appearance: He is a man of mexican descent with darkish brown hair slicked back hair and a thick curly mustache. He is 5’7  and has a light athletic build. He wears a white dress shirt with a purple argyle patterned vest. He also wears a purple hamburg, a purple bow tie, tan slacks and black dress shoes.

Personality: He has a limited personality considering that he lost all his memories, but he does have one. He is very polite, curious and is pretty gullible.

Weapons/Equipment: He is armed with a LeMat revolver and a Lancaster rifle with a scope. He also keeps at least 15 dynamite sticks on him at all times.

Weakness: His epic powers can be nullified by eating or touching a pineapple and they will stay nullified until the pineapple leaves his system or he stops touching the pineapple.

Backstory: He grew up in Tucson, Arizona where he attended an all boys school, where he was bullied relentlessly, until he graduated. He moved to Las Vegas and religiously studied books about friendship making and guns. He eventually got his gun license and quickly learned how to aim very accurately. He was on his way to Seattle when he saw a man flying through the sky shooting lasers, he turned off the road to investigate. He eventually made his way to the Alleyplanet and joined the Bloodflame Gang. Unfortunately he was killed by the Tattered One while trying to infiltrate the Plasmacore building, but, by distracting the Tattered One he helped the rest of his group survive and was given the chance to return to life. He said yes.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:16 PM, Clyde Froggins said:
Spoiler

Name: Maxwell Williamson (Returned)

Powers: He has the epic abilities to never run out of bullets in specific guns and has a superhuman reaction time. He is also a Returned.

Appearance: He is a man of mexican descent with darkish brown hair slicked back hair and a thick curly mustache. He is 5’7  and has a light athletic build. He wears a white dress shirt with a purple argyle patterned vest. He also wears a purple hamburg, a purple bow tie, tan slacks and black dress shoes.

Personality: He has a limited personality considering that he lost all his memories, but he does have one. He is very polite, curious and is pretty gullible.

Weapons/Equipment: He is armed with a LeMat revolver and a Lancaster rifle with a scope. He also keeps at least 15 dynamite sticks on him at all times.

Weakness: His epic powers can be nullified by eating or touching a pineapple and they will stay nullified until the pineapple leaves his system or he stops touching the pineapple.

Backstory: He grew up in Tucson, Arizona where he attended an all boys school, where he was bullied relentlessly, until he graduated. He moved to Las Vegas and religiously studied books about friendship making and guns. He eventually got his gun license and quickly learned how to aim very accurately. He was on his way to Seattle when he saw a man flying through the sky shooting lasers, he turned off the road to investigate. He eventually made his way to the Alleyplanet and joined the Bloodflame Gang. Unfortunately he was killed by the Tattered One while trying to infiltrate the Plasmacore building, but, by distracting the Tattered One he helped the rest of his group survive and was given the chance to return to life. He said yes.

I was trying to find the last time they were approved to see what voidus had ranked their epic power as, but I can't find it. I will need @Voidus to weigh in. Being a returned would add 55 points to whatever score he had before.

Also, I'm going to retire Mack, and replace him with Cam from HR, @Voidus can you give me a ranking on him?

Spoiler

Name: Cam from HR

Investiture: Is a member of HR for the DA and has all the powers related to that.

Skills: Mastermind

Appearance: He looks like Mac, but without a mustache.

Weakness: Some would say he has none, but he will always unfailingly obey company policy. No matter how obscure the technicality, or devious the loophole, if company policy cant touch you, he can't.

Being the head of HR, he is slowly working on removing loopholes to expand his authority.

Backstory: Originally Cam was a test subject in the DA's quest to create lawyers by removing a person's soul. Fortunately, being in the early trial, something went wrong, and not only did they remove his soul, they somehow gave him negative soul, creating the perfect HR member. He realized his new calling immediately but bided his time because the DA was vehemently opposed to HR in any format.

He waited carefully, attending universities and seminars about how to perfect his HR skills. He graduated with honors from the foremost HR academy, then returned to the DA to join the Legal department until he could execute his master plan of creating an HR department. He waited until Voidus was overwhelmed with department creation applications, then slipped one into the stack. Voidus approved it without reading it, creating the HR department and Cam as its head.

He has spent the years since then creating paperwork and seminars and regulations that people had to follow expanding his influence and evil abilities.

Edited by MacThorstenson

7 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

I was trying to find the last time they were approved to see what voidus had ranked their epic power as, but I can't find it. I will need @Voidus to weigh in. Being a returned would add 55 points to whatever score he had before.

Also, I'm going to retire Mack, and replace him with Cam from HR, @Voidus can you give me a ranking on him?

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Cam from HR

Investiture: Is a member of HR for the DA and has all the powers related to that.

Skills: Mastermind

Appearance: He looks like Mac, but without a mustache.

Weakness: Some would say he has none, but he will always unfailingly obey company policy. No matter how obscure the technicality, or devious the loophole, if company policy cant touch you, he can't.

Being the head of HR, he is slowly working on removing loopholes to expand his authority.

Backstory: Originally Cam was a test subject in the DA's quest to create lawyers by removing a person's soul. Fortunately, being in the early trial, something went wrong, and not only did they remove his soul, they somehow gave him negative soul, creating the perfect HR member. He realized his new calling immediately but bided his time because the DA was vehemently opposed to HR in any format.

He waited carefully, attending universities and seminars about how to perfect his HR skills. He graduated with honors from the foremost HR academy, then returned to the DA to join the Legal department until he could execute his master plan of creating an HR department. He waited until Voidus was overwhelmed with department creation applications, then slipped one into the stack. Voidus approved it without reading it, creating the HR department and Cam as its head.

He has spent the years since then creating paperwork and seminars and regulations that people had to follow expanding his influence and evil abilities.

For the Epic, should come out relatively low assuming reasonable limitations. Should come out to around 50 points for both of them.

I will note however that the only weakness listed is the Epic weakness, in the interests of having good, balanced characters we usually ask people to include something more similar to a character flaw as well.

Cam will come out to a few tens or hundreds of thousands probably.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, Skullduggery said:

So How does Lerasium spikes work? Steal skills?

If you're asking for the purposes of RP then the answer would be that people probably shouldnn't have Lerasium spikes given its rarity.

If this is a more general question then the only answer I could give is what's on the Hemalurgic table, it steals all abilities. Which is not necessarily the same as any ability. Probably want to head to the Mistborn subforums if you want to theorize about this further.

13 hours ago, Voidus said:

If you're asking for the purposes of RP then the answer would be that people probably shouldnn't have Lerasium spikes given its rarity.

If this is a more general question then the only answer I could give is what's on the Hemalurgic table, it steals all abilities. Which is not necessarily the same as any ability. Probably want to head to the Mistborn subforums if you want to theorize about this further.

Just saw it mentioned on the power cost and made me wonder if the forum had a fanon interpretation. 

Spoiler

Name: Tyee

Appearance: He is a thin man with little to no muscle while in human form, but when in dragon form, he could be called a gentle giant.

Investiture: A dragon from Yolen and an Aviar with the same powers as Sak 

Skills: Very intelligent and knows many languages from the Cosmere.

Equipment: His Aviar, Koro.

Weakness: Without Koro, he’d probably get himself killed in any situation and although he is a dragon he is not good at fighting.

Family: None

Home Planet: Yolen

Backstory: He was an ally to Frost, but after a couple thousand of years he got tired of staying on Yolen and decided to explore the Cosmere against Frost’s wishes. He traveled throughout coming close to death many times, until he went to First of the Sun and more specifically Patji. He had heard about the pool where the Aviar go to obtain powers and went there to observe. While watching he obtained an Aviar on accident, which he later found out could show him his possible deaths, which was useful considering he was an explorer. Then on his way off of the island, he tripped on a tree branch and him and his Aviar entered the Alleyverse, on accident.

Guild: None

Edited by Ventyl

54 minutes ago, Ventyl said:

Hide contents

Name: Tyee

Appearance: He is a thin man with little to no muscle while in human form, but when in dragon form, he could be called a gentle giant.

Investiture: A dragon from Yolen and an Aviar with the same powers as Sak 

Skills: Very intelligent and knows many languages from the Cosmere.

Equipment: His Aviar, Koro.

Weakness: Without Koro, he’d probably get himself killed in any situation and although he is a dragon he is not good at fighting.

Family: None

Home Planet: Yolen

Backstory: He was an ally to Frost, but after a few thousand of years he got tired of staying on Yolen and decided to explore the Cosmere against Frost’s wishes. He traveled throughout the cosmere, coming close to death many times until he went to First of the Sun and more specifically Patji. He had heard about the pool where the Aviar went to obtain powers and went there to observe. While watching he obtained an Aviar on accident, which he later found out could show him his possible deaths, which was useful considering he was an explorer. Then on his way off of the island, he tripped on a tree branch and him and his Aviar entered the Alleyverse, on accident.

Guild: None

So wait, is he a dragon or a person who can turn into a dragon? Either way, I'm not sure if we have dragons in the AV, and I'm going to ping @Voidus.

27 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

So wait, is he a dragon or a person who can turn into a dragon? Either way, I'm not sure if we have dragons in the AV, and I'm going to ping @Voidus.

We do have dragons in the alleyverse but he was  from a previous era where characters were more powerful and we didn’t have the point system. He also wasn’t able to transform into a dragon due to an injury. I will talk with the other AV mods about how much we should rank being a dragon, mainly because the information we have on them is very vague. 

I would suggest adding more serious weaknesses and explaining his current one a little better. Like is he just unaware of his mortality without his aviar? Or unable to judge consequences? How would losing his aviar result in his death?

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

We do have dragons in the alleyverse but he was  from a previous era where characters were more powerful and we didn’t have the point system. He also wasn’t able to transform into a dragon due to an injury. I will talk with the other AV mods about how much we should rank being a dragon, mainly because the information we have on them is very vague. 

I would suggest adding more serious weaknesses and explaining his current one a little better. Like is he just unaware of his mortality without his aviar? Or unable to judge consequences? How would losing his aviar result in his death?

Both.

1 hour ago, Ventyl said:

Both.

Ok, so what about non life and death situation? Does his lack of ability to judge consequences extend to that?

what are some examples of it? Like is he unable to understand that standing on a see saw will make the other side go up? 

4 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Ok, so what about non life and death situation? Does his lack of ability to judge consequences extend to that?

what are some examples of it? Like is he unable to understand that standing on a see saw will make the other side go up? 

When he is in a life and death situation only, as he becomes very frightened and isn’t able to really function, but the safety net of his Aviar relieves that.

Hey @Ventyl

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. 

Or big concern with adding dragons to the alleyverse is that we know so little about their yolen equivalent and their related powers. 

In addition, if we use the typical definition of a dragon it would tend to be far too powerful as a combatant for the current power levels of the alleyverse. We would also have to go through and figure out exactly what could damage them and how much, so we are going to ask you if maybe for now you could hold off on making a dragon as a character. Eventually when we discover new information about them and how they would interact with other aspects of the cosmere we would be able to Better let them into the alleyverse, but as of now they are just too vague.

Edited by MacThorstenson

15 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Hey @Ventyl

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. 

Or big concern with adding dragons to the alleyverse is that we know so little about their yolen equivalent and their related powers. 

In addition, if we use the typical definition of a dragon it would tend to be far too powerful as a combatant for the current power levels of the alleyverse. We would also have to go through and figure out exactly what could damage them and how much, so we are going to ask you if maybe for now you could hold off on making a dragon as a character. Eventually when we discover new information about them and how they would interact with other aspects of the cosmere we would be able to Better let them into the alleyverse, but as of now they are just too vague.

Okay, that’s fine. To be honest I only spent like 30 minutes making this character.:P

@Voidus/@MacThorstenson

Warning, Wheel of Time spoilers to follow:

Spoiler

Name:  Kenoth Moerevron

Physical Characteristics:  Short, stocky, close-cropped black hair.  Has a face that looks like it got punched one too many times.  Sort of a brutal-looking man.  Has the air of competence about him, and walks like he knows how to handle a sword.  Not especially broad, but he has a lean strength to him.

Investiture:  None, accept for a slight affinity for the earth.  Great at mining, guessing the location of tunnels and ores.  

Skills:  Is a blademaster, and competent dueler.  Knows how to handle himself and has street smarts.  Is not afraid to kill.

Equipment:  His only special piece of equipment is a heronmark sword.  

Weaknesses:  Very sensitive.  Not afraid to do damage himself, but hates it when others are hurt.  Has abandonment issues, and has a hard time getting close to people.  Is extremely claustrophobic, and hates any type of enclosed space.  Stems from a mining incident.

Family:  His father is Galvris Moerevron (Galvris has no memory of his son).  His mother is a woman named Lemia in Randland whom Galvris married and later left.

Home Planet:  Randland

Backstory:  Was born to Galvris and Lemia Moerevron.  Galvris wasn't a male channeler at the time.  Had a happy childhood, until Rand al'Thor's amnesty went out.  Galvris, who was struggling at the time with the One Power, was told of the amnesty by Kenoth.  Galvris left, taking his family with him.  They lived actually quite happily on the farm, where Galvris taught Kenoth to be a blademaster.  However, when Galvris went mad, spiked all the other channelers, and left, Kenoth's life changed.  The madness and epic darkness made Galvris forget he had a family.  Kenoth and Lemia were blamed for Galvris's atrocities, and they fled.  Years later, Kenoth was kidnapped by worldhoppers who wanted to use him as leverage against his father (Galvris was a tyrannical epic on Earth at the time).  He killed them both, but the incident traumatized him. The kidnappers had been using the Alleyverse as a waypoint, and Kenoth found himself stranded there.  He was enslaved by a rogue guild and forced to work in mines.  One day, a section of mine collapsed and he was trapped there for days.  His father unwittingly found his half-dead form as he was making his way out of Den of Thieves.  Galvris didn't recognize him, but created a tunnel so he could escape just in case.  He escaped, and is living as a bounty hunter in the Alleyverse.

Guild:  None

Psyche:  Quite sane.  Just a little bit sensitive and has abandonment issues.

Personality:  Is a hard man, used to having to kill, but also sensitive.  He's quite a paradox.  He's also intensely loyal, and will stand by you to the end if he says he will.  

Appearence:  Usually wears a leather vest over a white shirt and jeans.  Wears his sword beside him at all times.  

Edited by Vargo Seldon

1 hour ago, Vargo Seldon said:

@Voidus/@MacThorstenson

Warning, Wheel of Time spoilers to follow:

Hide contents

Name:  Kenoth Moerevron

Physical Characteristics:  Short, stocky, close-cropped black hair.  Has a face that looks like it got punched one too many times.  Sort of a brutal-looking man.  Has the air of competence about him, and walks like he knows how to handle a sword.  Not especially broad, but he has a lean strength to him.

Investiture:  None, accept for a slight affinity for the earth.  Great at mining, guessing the location of tunnels and ores.  

Skills:  Is a blademaster, and competent dueler.  Knows how to handle himself and has street smarts.  Is not afraid to kill.

Equipment:  His only special piece of equipment is a heronmark sword.  

Weaknesses:  Very sensitive.  Not afraid to do damage himself, but hates it when others are hurt.  Has abandonment issues, and has a hard time getting close to people.  Is extremely claustrophobic, and hates any type of enclosed space.  Stems from a mining incident.

Family:  His father is Galvris Moerevron (Galvris has no memory of his son).  His mother is a woman named Lemia in Randland whom Galvris married and later left.

Home Planet:  Randland

Backstory:  Was born to Galvris and Lemia Moerevron.  Galvris wasn't a male channeler at the time.  Had a happy childhood, until Rand al'Thor's amnesty went out.  Galvris, who was struggling at the time with the One Power, was told of the amnesty by Kenoth.  Galvris left, taking his family with him.  They lived actually quite happily on the farm, where Galvris taught Kenoth to be a blademaster.  However, when Galvris went mad, spiked all the other channelers, and left, Kenoth's life changed.  The madness and epic darkness made Galvris forget he had a family.  Kenoth and Lemia were blamed for Galvris's atrocities, and they fled.  Years later, Kenoth was kidnapped by worldhoppers who wanted to use him as leverage against his father (Galvris was a tyrannical epic on Earth at the time).  He killed them both, but the incident traumatized him. The kidnappers had been using the Alleyverse as a waypoint, and Kenoth found himself stranded there.  He was enslaved by a rogue guild and forced to work in mines.  One day, a section of mine collapsed and he was trapped there for days.  His father unwittingly found his half-dead form as he was making his way out of Den of Thieves.  Galvris didn't recognize him, but created a tunnel so he could escape just in case.  He escaped, and is living as a bounty hunter in the Alleyverse.

Guild:  None

Psyche:  Quite sane.  Just a little bit sensitive and has abandonment issues.

Personality:  Is a hard man, used to having to kill, but also sensitive.  He's quite a paradox.  He's also intensely loyal, and will stand by you to the end if he says he will.  

Appearence:  Usually wears a leather vest over a white shirt and jeans.  Wears his sword beside him at all times.  

You mean that he's a channeler with a slight affinity for earth?

I seem to recall it being an all or nothing deal, like you can access the one power, however weakly, and use all the weaves, or you aren't able to access it at all.