Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I think that kandra should be higher, because there aren’t many rioters or soothers who can control them period. Almost none of the allomancers in Era 1 were strong enough, but vin was really strong. 

In addition once Era 2 in mistborn rolled around allomancy as a whole got weaker. Considering that we are past era 2 in mistborn, I don’t think that many rioters or soothers in the RP would be able to take over a kandra.

Finally, weaknesses have to be taken into account with context.

We don’t have anyone who has tried to take over a kandra in the RP, and it’s generally considered rude while RPing to force people’s characters to do something. It’s highly unlikely that that weakness would ever be called into play. 

I would say that 60 points would be a low end of what the points from kandra would be. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

10 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I think that kandra should be higher, because there aren’t many rioters or soothers who can control them period. Almost none of the allomancers in Era 1 were strong enough, but vin was really strong. 

In addition once Era 2 in mistborn rolled around allomancy as a whole got weaker. Considering that we are past era 2 in mistborn, I don’t think that many rioters or soothers in the RP would be able to take over a kandra.

Finally, weaknesses have to be taken into account with context.

We don’t have anyone who has tried to take over a kandra in the RP, and it’s generally considered rude while RPing to force people’s characters to do something. It’s highly unlikely that that weakness would ever be called into play. 

I would say that 60 points would be a low end of what the points from kandra would be. 

I disagree. We have had Kanrda characters, and there best power is hiding as someone else. That is generally against the rules for PCs, making that power useless.

4 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

I disagree. We have had Kanrda characters, and there best power is hiding as someone else. That is generally against the rules for PCs, making that power useless.

But kandra also have no definable lifespan, they can be incredibly hard to kill, because they can rework their internal biology, and their ability to disguise themselves means that they don’t need to worry about being caught breaking the law, if they are smart. 

True they can’t disguise themselves as PC’s, but they can still fool PC’s, and NPC’s.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

But kandra also have no definable lifespan

Again, there is no logical reason that one should be factored in to points.

They are hard to kill. Like a gold ferring. They can hide. Like a Lightweaver. It is within the points to do both.

Criminals can not follow the law, and if they're smart they don't get caught.

Ferrings and lightweavers both require resources, and a Lightweaving doesn't stand up to closer inspection. A Kandra can do a better job of both, barring broken bones. And a long life justifies more knowledge so is somewhat relevant.

7 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Again, there is no logical reason that one should be factored in to points.

They are hard to kill. Like a gold ferring. They can hide. Like a Lightweaver. It is within the points to do both.

Criminals can not follow the law, and if they're smart they don't get caught.

On the contrary, abnormally long age and the ability to have a fit body should definitely be factored in. It allows for building of all sorts of connections, learning all sorts of information, and gaining experience. 

Most people who are within their prime fighting age too young to know how to do much else, and that can be a disadvantage, but kandra can do both.  

Also there is a big advantage to being able to disguise yourself quickly and without additional resources. You can change crucial aspects in the time it takes to walk around the corner.  

Edited by MacThorstenson

Another note: A gold Ferring is 50 points, a Lightweaver is 60 points, so this is essentially a way to make that character with only a few weaknesses, no soulcasting and some actual improvements, for within the approved limit of points.

OK, new character.

How much do you think his weakness would be worth?

Spoiler

Name: Makck

Investiture: They are a Hemalurgically created Fullborn, and a living testament that you can fit all the cosmere powers into one being. They are a KR, elantrian, Dakhor monk, chay-shan user, and a forger. They also have a shade spike to himself (Thanks for the Idea Itaih), and is bonded with an Aviar. They have the power equivalent to a mastrall sand master. They have reached the 11th hightening. Even higher than Mraizes dog did after Lopen gave it all of his breaths.

Weakness: They are an amoeba.

History: They were first born in a lab. The Dark Alley decided to give them all the powers. They have been alive for 1 day already, so they have one more day until they divide. With their superior intelligence, when they divide, they will make sure that all of the spikes stay in the right bind points in the new body, to continue their lifespan as long as possible.

Personality: They are an amoeba, we are just happy he lived to see another day. Only now are we starting to see his developing personality.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

It's a good question. In my opinion, Aether of Night is pretty distinct. The magic system isn't cannibalized as directly, and since we have a full manuscript available, we see it fully developed. 

Plus the magic system is canonized, which is the only part we're using.

Full honesty I'd prefer if we didn't use Aether either, there haven't been anything that I would consider spoilers so far and characters were already created and in use with Aether content before I knew about it so I haven't really mentioned anything. But strictly speaking it could be considered a violation of some spoiler policies.