Long Game 4: Colours of War

Claincy

Aili being attacked like that does not guarantee her innocence, exactly. With Jeo being by and far the most suspicious player, 'sacrificing' him like that in an attack on her could be a ploy. Now, the chances of it aren't really that great, but we don't even know exactly how many PK there are. So if they feel they still have enough numbers left to feel comfortable pulling something like that off..... just saying's it's possible.

Aili being attacked like that does not guarantee her innocence, exactly. With Jeo being by and far the most suspicious player, 'sacrificing' him like that in an attack on her could be a ploy. Now, the chances of it aren't really that great, but we don't even know exactly how many PK there are. So if they feel they still have enough numbers left to feel comfortable pulling something like that off..... just saying's it's possible.

joe was killed by lifeless, not by a mercenary. My understanding is that him being killed meant that whoever had the lifeless commands thought he was suspisious (and rightly so.) I don't think he died as a result of attacking aili. 

joe was killed by lifeless, not by a mercenary. My understanding is that him being killed meant that whoever had the lifeless commands thought he was suspisious (and rightly so.) I don't think he died as a result of attacking aili. 

ah, yes, good point. I honestly can barely keep track of half of the mechanics at play in this game, lol. I for some reason just assumed the Lifeless were Aili's, but yeah, this makes a lot more sense. :P

Oh, and just for Aodan's sake, is there any way to protect from an Awakened Sword? Cause we might need that coming

Why is it that I always have to explain my actions [see game 3]? I WILL NOT bandwagon and only vote when I have sufficient evidence. Cautious but true...

Honestly, it's just because you haven't taken part in any discussions like this before. It's all very well saying you'll only vote when you have sufficient evidence, but if everyone did that then we wouldn't have anything to go on.

True... but I 'll leave that to you guys. I'll just enlighten your conversations with whatever seems to add flavor to your standardly European crusine. 

Thomas was content with his reactive responses. The last time he had been proactive, a town had been mostly burned down. It had taken weeks to rebuild what he had destroyed! And fixing messes meant less time was devoted to exploring. Oh what a sad thought!

Eh, I don't really think that's helping your case, Thomas. You have to actually add something to the conversation. State some opinions or suspects. You don't necessarily need to cast votes left and right and divulge any information... just actually participate in the discussion.

One of these days, I want to be on the Village Side. And Aili still gets the Red Salmon.

Good Game  and Good Luck everyone!

"Thank you Jeo for keeping your promise." That was why I clarified. I must be just so I had to make sure the agreement was still in place. ;) I am disgusted though that I worked under and inadvertently helped a man set on ruining us all.

Oh, right. I must've missed that post. Jeo, how could you repay her saving your life by attacking her like that? :(

Interesting then that she was attacked, since she was at least partially convinced of Jeo's innocence. Maybe they just picked at random then, or something.

I was not at all convinced of Jeo's innocence. My actions that day were part of a larger ploy to get suspicion off of another, actually valuable, player. I hinted to Joe that I would help him if he did what I asked. Let me just explain my actions. I PM'd Jeo, Grim, Tril, Wilson, Asgren, and Peng asking them to change their votes. The first three changed their votes willingly. Peng never responded and Asgren made his "compromise'. Wilson wouldn't change her vote, which actually was quite smart. I will listen more to her in the future. I don't know who PM'd Rick or Rowan(But he said Joe did). I'm curious as to why Ricj changed his vote. And why Grim and Tril changed so easily.

EDIT: If they were not told but claimed to be told, then Aili should be able to point them out to us easily.

I'm confused. Told what?

Aili revealed herself as a returned last night. It's worth noting that she did this after everyone was required to send their night actions in. I would definitely like to see an explanation of her actions/motivations, including why she was so convinced of Jeo's innocence and believed him to be a valuable contributing member of the innocent people.

The Returned are told when they are targeted and given the option to reveal themselves publicly rather than in the write up. I'm guessing that was why Aili announced her role when she did.

This. This is why I did. I saw that I would die, and since I can't give my Divine Breath for myself I revealed myself so that the 5th heightening would save me.

Case in point, notice that Aili and Jeo have been working together pretty actively since day 1. It's not proof but I'm still very suspicious of Aili. The day 1 votes also make it more or less certain Ben is clean.

I actually hadn't PM'd or talked with Jeo privately until I asked him to switch his vote. The reason he switched at first was to maintain Idrian appearances I assume. There was a large Idris pm and since I voted for Ben first, Jeo and Rowan, was it(?), also voted for him.

Aili had decided that it was time to be honest and just and to stop hiding from the world. She needed to help her fellows and she couldn't do much while hidden. Trueheart I must be again. it turned out very convenient for her since Jeo tried killing her that very night. It was almost as if her dreams were true.

Aili, or Trueheart, she didn't know which she liked Better, awoke to many accusations and a flurry of activity in the square. She decided not to open the Red Salmon yet, but to help out instead.

I was not at all convinced of Jeo's innocence. My actions that day were part of a larger ploy to get suspicion off of another, actually valuable, player. I hinted to Joe that I would help him if he did what I asked. 

I don't see who else you could've been protecting except Chide, as Chide was the only other person in danger of being lynched, apart from Jeo. I don't know about the others, but you never mentioned Chide in the PM you sent me, nor did you have a seem to have a problem when I voted for Chide instead of Dyrri. 

True... but I 'll leave that to you guys. I'll just enlighten your conversations with whatever seems to add flavor to your standardly European crusine. 

Thomas was content with his reactive responses. The last time he had been proactive, a town had been mostly burned down. It had taken weeks to rebuild what he had destroyed! And fixing messes meant less time was devoted to exploring. Oh what a sad thought!

Everyone is expected to protect themselves and explain their motives. If we don't have information on people's motives then we can't judge them. If we can't judge people it is a lot harder for the town to win as we lack information on the people here. Unless you have a key role to protect (in which case you should pm Aodan) but even then, it's a bit late for that now. More info is good.

So for example, what do you think of Jeo's betrayal of us? What do you think of our new returned? Do you suspect anyone?

And why Grim and Tril changed so easily.

I hadn't actually voted yet.  My reasoning for voting Dyrri was that I really didn't know who to vote for, as I didn't really suspect anyone.  The PM I got said basically that the both Jeo and Chide were not likely PK, so I voted with the other option.

I said divert suspicion, not protect. I worded that very specifically.

There wasn't anyone else other than the three main candidates under sufficient suspicion to warrant requesting six people to change their votes. Diverting suspicion is done by explaining away or otherwise disassociating someone of suspicion. Having people change their votes without good reason doesn't divert suspicion as much as it momentarily diverts attention. So having seven people bandwagon someone isn't just 'diverting suspicion'. 

Think what you will but I think a multitude of people changing their votes close together could lessen the suspicion on certain people. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what the plans of Trueheart are.

Not necessarily. It's one thing to vote within a couple of minutes as someone else, unintentionally. But if you have a group of people changing their votes pretty close together, and all for the same person, that could cast suspicion on all of them. Because it would be obvious to the group as a whole that there was some backstage collaborating going on, and we won't know who's running that show. Now, in same cases, that can be a good thing, because it doesn't let Team Evil know who's in charge--because that can give them a target to kill. But at the same time, if it's a member of Team Evil running things and you don't realize it? That doesn't help us. The fact is, you asked 6 people to change their votes to someone innocent. You may not have known he was innocent (or maybe you did), but you still asked it.

Wil'son felt better now that that rabble-rouser, Jeo, was dead. Not that she felt much safer, but she'd decided--as a reward--that she would stop wearing all that black. Such a drab color. She needed more spice, especially if she wanted to figure out who else was trying to stop the peace talks.

She listened to all the accusations and defenses, but she didn't know what to think. Her biggest suspect was dead, and she didn't know who else to blame. She wandered back to her shop to think through the past few days' events. Pulling out a piece of paper, she started writing down everyone's names. She figured some lists might help her work out who Jeo might've been working with. Hopefully, she was right, and she'd have some possible answers before the day got much later.

Tell me this, who do you think is more suspicious now, those who changed their vote or those who didn't?

Yes I asked it and it ended up going too far and I regret that, but it was also helpful. I didn't know Dyrri was innocent I thought his strategy was so out of wack that it would only hurt.

Tell me this, who do you think is more suspicious now, those who changed their vote or those who didn't?

Without looking at anything past that, the people who changed their votes, definitely. Although, it will also matter who they voted for and why. And who they changed their votes too. There are a lot of details that matter to picking out the suspicious players. It's not just changing votes. But that definitely plays a role in it.

Think what you will but I think a multitude of people changing their votes close together could lessen the suspicion on certain people. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what the plans of Trueheart are

In the future, when undertaking a venture where you are pm'ing six people to change votes, which is extremely likely to be revealed at some point, you might want to let someone trustworthy know what you are doing so they can vouch for you later on.

At the moment, all we have to go on is your word and some suspicious activity that resulted in an innocent dying instead of a PK. If you had just told Aodan what you were up to, he could simply come on and tell us that, while he doesn't want to announce who you were protecting, he can at least confirm your story which would reduce most of the suspicion.

What really confuses me is why the PK even targeted you when you had just saved one of them from the chopping block..

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

Elo sauntered into the square, Baldrick at his side. At his shoulder eyebrows was closer to the truth. He overheard Sifa was calling him out to explain his actions. Calling HIM out? The greatest Bard had ever been, that ever was, that Nalthis would ever see? And the librarian? 

"You're just bitter that I'm setting up a microbrewery. Speaking of, my bitter will be better, my pale ale will be better. Colours, my stout will make that weak dishwater you brew taste like month old dishwater. The creamy velvet with chocolate and rum undertones will be fit for the gods."

"You want an in character explaination from Elo, what the colours does that even mean? I'm not a character, I'm the Charater, the Bard, the lothario, the pinicle of Hallandren civilisation. Future generation will whisper my name in awe that I existed, and dispair that they will never achieve the same heights. I am a GOD among men and not one of those namby pamby returned "Ooooh, look at me I can't even remember my own name, I'll sit and suffer through countless petitions and substandard art exhibitions until I cannot take any more and kill myself"

Baldrick slunk off, (he'd thought Aili last night was bad)

"But this once I will indulge you brewery assistant and librarian".

“I voted Thomas day one to vote for someone. I believe that voting should be done by everyone every day. I voted Chide day two due to inactivity and because Thomas was not on the block, I had no compelling argument for him on day one and one vote will not make a difference to the outcome if it is the only vote. I voted Chide day three because I believe in consistency and Chide was up again. I am like a Jack Russel terrier. .

"STOP THAT SNICKERING! or I'll these hands of fury will beat you senseless. Just because you're orphans doesn't mean . . . ."

The orphans ran off, Elo took off in pursuit. Elo's rant had silenced the crowd. On the winds you could almost hear

"What a conceited self-absorbed pillock. I need a drink, it time to move on"

If any heads turned, they would have noticed that Baldrick was the only one upwind at the time.

Edit: added an e to on (last sentence)

Edited by el_warko

Without looking at anything past that, the people who changed their votes, definitely. Although, it will also matter who they voted for and why. And who they changed their votes too. There are a lot of details that matter to picking out the suspicious players. It's not just changing votes. But that definitely plays a role in it.

So maybe I did my job I deflecting suspicion off the said person. Maybe it didn't work. Maybe it did.

In the future, when undertaking a venture where you are pm'ing six people to change votes, which is extremely likely to be revealed at some point, you might want to let someone trustworthy know what you are doing so they can vouch for you later on.

At the moment, all we have to go on is your word and some suspicious activity that resulted in an innocent dying instead of a PK. If you had just told Aodan what you were up to, he could simply come on and tell us that, while he doesn't want to announce who you were protecting, he can at least confirm your story which would reduce most of the suspicion.

What really confuses me is why the PK even targeted you when you had just saved one of them from the chopping block..

Someone trustworthy, Aodan, does know I did that, he just didn't want to make the PK interested in me since I was returned. But that didn't work, so she he gets on again I'll see if he will post vouching for me.

That confuses me too. Did I ask all the right people? Maybe I just had a lot of away in changing the vote, though I don't think I could get that to work again anyways, and that scared them. I don't know.

As I was asleep at the time, Maill acted without directly running things by me, however, I know he is innocent.

Very glad we're finally starting to get somewhere. It seems everyone has stolen my Lists from me though... :P (I have a copy of pretty well every one of those.)

I'm on to you Claincy... Putting Allomantic metals into the beginning of you're write-ups... No idea if they have any significance, but I'll figure it out if they do. : P 

Edited by AonarFaileas

I'm on to you Claincy... Putting Allomantic metals into the beginning of you're write-ups... No idea if they have any significance, but I'll figure it out if they do. : P 

You just noticed this? I've figured out what it is, i just need all the pieces. ;) I'd tell you, but then I would lose all the glory. ;P

The best explanation I can come up with would be that if Jeo had survived it would have thrown suspicion off of him as surely he wouldn't want the person who saved him dead, therefor proving he is not PK. That's the only reason that comes to mind