Vasher's aka Kalad's War

KevThinker

You can also give away breaths in portions, so a returned who had breaths on top of their Divine Breath, could give away all their extra breaths but still retain their Divine Breath. 

Source: WoB

Course... if that Returned didn't get another breath somewhere, they would consume their Divine Breath and die in a week anyway.

It wouldn't be hard to partially awaken a lot of things to give most of it away. Divine breaths won't be used up in awakening IIRC, and he'd just have to be quick about getting a few more later on.

Also, this title is visible from the front page. I know I'm basically being "that guy" for the fourth time this week and I'm guessing it's me being the problem here, but could you make the title less spoilery? Vasher being Kalad is a pretty big revelation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Vasher explained to Vivenna that Returned have 2 types of breaths: their divine breath and the "regular" breath.

Only if they are given additional breaths. When they return, they've only got their divine breath and they will consume that within a week without getting additional breaths, at least 1/week.

You can use the Divine breath to awaken, we have a WoB on that, but you'd only be able to do it once... 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you Take back a Divine breath After awakining with it, if you still had more breaths?

I think the answer would be yes, if the answer is yes to the follow:

1) Can you use your Divine breath while still holding on to other Breath?

2) While you have to have to have Breath to live when you are a Returned, can it be something other than Divine Breath? Maybe 2000 Breaths or more?

I can't think of any indication one way or the other on the first, because of course we never saw an indication of a Returned using his Divine Breath when he didn't use all his Breath.

Personally I think the answer to the second is no. I think being Returned is getting the Divine Breath, which brings you back to life. Without that Divine Breath, I don't Returned can survive.

• 1 year later...

Well what Vasher did at the end of Manywar. It's the same things that Denth does for all the book.

A person may give away only a subset of his Breaths, but it's something that probably nothing of the current era knows about.

What Vasher did was just the same thing but with many many many more Breath

• Chaos locked this topic