Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

On 6/1/2018 at 0:32 AM, Mraize said:

"The thing you attracted is something we don't want to tangle with," he explained. "You attracted one of my early experiments. I attempt to enlarge a nightmaw with strength and other abilities the koloss have. It went horribly wrong. It grew about fifty stories high and is in constant state of bloodlust." 

I just realized something. This is all taking place in the AlleyVillage, where Drako and the Salamanders are camped out.

And I smells me a challenge...

Mraize, it’s your move for the monster. 

An messenger jumps out of the shadows nearby Soul, handing him a message he quickly left back the way he came. Soul scanned the message, and then sheathed his swords. 

“My services are required elsewhere it appears.” He muttered to himself, lashing himself into the distance.

I will be gone for about a week, so this is to illustrate Soul’s inactivity. Goodbye all, I shall attempt to kill you later.

Edited by Life&Death

Since our Mormon friends will be taking a hiatus for a week, I'm going to try and wrap things up here.

If someone wants to take down this monster, go ahead. 

Rhazien and Mace vanished, headed for an undisclosed location.

The monster reared its head, and began to romp around the area. It spied someone nearby, and went over to eat them.

Septimus stood in the alley. He had discovered the others were on Roshar, but Rhazien would come back here evetually. He spoke softly to himself. " Nei'en, or whatever his soul was. Have you chosen another? I need your help. Take me to them if you can." He thought backto all of the antics Nei'en had provided, the laughs, and the facepalms. He must preserve that. he would protect whoever he had chosen. He let his thoughts become Beige, attempting to signal him. " Please..."

Naermen suddenly appeared next to Septimus. "Ack!" she said, then looked into the sky. "I thought we were going to Rhazien!"

'The signal was.... interrupted....' a voice said from above. The voice then seemed to direct to Septimus. 'What is it you wish?'

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Rhazien and Mace vanished, headed for an undisclosed location.

The monster reared its head, and began to romp around the area. It spied someone nearby, and went over to eat them.

Leya stepped out of her waiting room. Seeing the monster, she quickly drew her Crystin sword. As the monster came to eat her, she quickly drew in stormlight and lashed herself upwards, fast. She was running out of stormlight quick, but before she did, she got on top of the beak. Climbing up in the nightmaws blindspot on its face, she stabbed its eye. The monster was mildly amused and shook its head, almost causing Leya to fall. However, she was not ready to give up yet. Carving a little nook in the soft flesh of the eye (its fine), she gradually pushed her way forward until the monster was in serious pain in its eye. Now she was hidden in this really really gross cranny, where the monster wouldn't be able to get her.

Anyone else want to kill it? If not, I'll push forward to the brain and kill it. I think @Grey Knight might've wanted to though. Just wanted to check before I stole someones thunder.

Death looked at the beast's hourglass. It had run out, it's life ended promptly by a heart attack. Tᴏᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ꜰᴀᴛᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴏᴅs. Death walked up to the beast, and swiped at it with his scythe. It passed into the great beyond almost instantly, it's physical aspect crashing to the ground.

Septimus smiled. “ Nei’en, er, Gancho.” Septimus glanced at Naermen. “ I was trying to get you to bring me to her...” Septimus proffered a hand to help Naermen up. “ So your the one Gancho chose... I was a close friend of Nei’en’s. If you’ll help me, we need to find Rhazien, but first I’ll tell you about what’s been going on...” (Tells Naermen about events)

I will only participate on this to control my creature.

The nightmaw swallowed the chocolate chip covered chull in one gulp. It looked around wondering where the ice cream was. The chull was nothing but the cherry on top. It squawked angrily and devoured several building whole. It mutilated bystanders accidentally as its claws were the size of football field.

Prior to death.

Edited by Mraize

Mac woke up not in control of his body.

He didn't know how he got here, or what was happening, or who was in control of his body. It was like he was in the back seat. So he did the natural thing. He calmly and methodologically went through the lists of suspects before asking Mack:  Whats happening? Mack, is this you? Yes, after you tried to drown your sorrows by consuming a near lethal amount of cookies, I decided to take control. I'm surprised that you are taking this so well. What did you expect me to do? Run around screaming? I'm not a child. Now give me back the body. What? No. Why would I do that? Because I'm better at running it then you are, now give it BACK!  With that last word, Mac pushed, and got in control of his body again. Good. Now he needed to figure out how to keep Mack from getting back into control. Why did I try to drown himself in cookies in the first place? Its not like me, to do something that would cause me to lose control. I believe that you had just found out that technically, you had died a while ago. Ohh, yeah. Forgot about that. That will need some fixing. But in order to do that, I need to make sure that I am in control. Where was the nearest metal mind? Probably my office. He turned off of the main street in the alley village, and walked into a Dark Alley, which teleported him to his office. He quickly grabbed and drained a metalmind with his memories in it, then left to go search out a way that he could be helped.

Mac pulled out a spike and proceeded to hammer apart the 4th wall, spiking away its abilities and proceeded to tell lopen that he was trying to make some character development, though if someone wanted to drag him into a plot, it wouldn't hurt. He then called the mimes to fix the wall.

Voidus' rock looked at the mimes fondly, remembering the initial experiments that had created them.
One spike to steal their voice, another in its place to give them a unique brand of insanity that allowed them to physically interact with their own hallucinations.

The Dark Alley's research had come a long way since those early days but he was glad that some of the early experiments still came in useful.

It is really funny to me how much everything slows down when all of the mormons leave.

...YEeeeeeeeeees?

On 6/6/2018 at 6:42 PM, Grey Knight said:

I'm gonna post something... big(?) as soon as I Am Witless gets back from her technology break.