Tension on the Horizon

Lord Meeker

Questionnaire  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Did you participate in Calm Before the Storm?

2. 2. Are you going to participate in Phase 2: TotH?

3. 3. Did you enjoy reading or participating in Phase 1: CBtS

• It was excellent! :D
    • It was good! :)
    • It was okay :l
    • It was bad! :(
    • It was horrible! D:
    • I honestly had no clue what was going on

Just now, I am Witless said:

HOLY FLIP THAT'S GOOD

Also, I LOVE how OP she is, but also how powerful her curse's are.

This should be the guide to all character creation for the AlleyVerse- with great power comes great limitations.

And yeah, her balance is awesome.

38 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

This should be the guide to all character creation for the AlleyVerse- with great power comes great limitations.

That's like our OP principle, but we draw the line at radioactive spiders in people's backstories. Plus, as Sanderfans, most of us instinctively follow Brandon's 2nd and 0th law. :ph34r:

Edited by Archer

Lopen used his ghostly fourth wall breaking skills to see Gancho's new child take up arms. 'Well played you beige devil. I feel... AHHHHH!!!' Lopen was suddenly sucked into the cognitive realm. As he tried to escape the beads melted into hands and pulled him in. All his magic was useless here, and he accepted it. It was impossible to kill a cognitive shadow of his size. Wasn't it?

As the beads melted into a sort of black magma and filled his orifices. He once again felt pain, something that hadn't happened since the torture he experienced in the beyond. But the worst part about it wasn't the literal pain, but the emotional pain.

The beads brought back every tear jerker moment from his long life, reminding him of every time he had failed, every time someone he loved perished. He remembered how he was imprisoned in a cage, fed the scraps that even the axehounds rejected, his beatings coming more frequently than his typhoidal water. And then he was freed, and he ran, never looking back. Latter that day, every prisoner in the cages, from the 3 month old babe to the century old hag, were slaughtered like animals and eaten by their torturers. 

He had never forgiven himself for what happened that day. And more so for the fact that he had never returned the favour to those troglodytes. But the magna showed him something he had never noticed before in those haunting memories. In the corner of the room where they held his cage there was a painting of a man. The man was Rhaizen.

NOOOO!!! Lopen thought, the magma filling his lungs. I MUST... FIGHT...BACK...   

Suddenly he realised something... his lungs filled with magma. Ghosts didn't have lungs. But who could bring a being like him back? He would say Gancho,  but where was the beige? 

WELCOME BACK.

He suddenly felt at home. The darkness was still there, but it was closer to the darkness of an alley than the darkness of evil. Who was this creature? And more importantly, what was it?

DO YOU NOT REMEMBER A PART OF YOUR OWN SOUL?

It couldn't be... All of Lopen had killed itself... how could a mere splinter of his soul remain after death. Well... maybe the amount of Investiture? It was still strange.

YES, YOU'RE RIGHT.  MY POWER MAY HAVE DWINDLED AFTER OUR SUICIDE, BUT I WAS ABLE TO HOLD ON TO SOME OF THAT INFINITE POWER. AND WHEN YOU HOLD ON TO SOME OF INFINITY YOU HOLD INFINITY. I WAS ABLE TO BRING BACK SOME... UNUSUAL POWERS BACK FROM MY TRAVELS. POWERS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN IN THIS PART OF THE MULTIVERSE.

Lopen's new eyes widened even in the liquid embrace of the magma.

FIRST, I GRANT YOU THE POWER OF AVATAR AANG. I HOPE YOU WEILD IT WITH HIS WISDOM.

Who was this Aang? Why had he selected this power for himself? What was wrong with him?

MY SECOND GIFT TO YOU IS THE GIFT OF DISCWORLD DEATH'S KNOWLEDGE AND POWER.

Death... the power of a force of nature... this just got interesting.

AND MY FINAL GIFT TO YOU... IS HOPE. HOPE THAT THE WORLD CAN BE FREED OF EVIL. THE HOPE THAT YOU MAY HELP BRING THIS CHANGE. 

Lopen smiled. Hope... He had not felt that in a while. He would help the entire universe feel this... ichoric liquid feeling that flowed through him. As the darkness receded, he reappeared beside D'ave, having become a new man. A live one. A hopeful one. One that would spread that hope by spreading the skin on Rhaizens throat with the beautiful scythe that appeared beside his strident, slicing the very air as he walked.

Before you say this is too op, his weakness will be revealed very soon.

D’ave was surprised. As the figure appeared he panicked. Reaching to his side he grabbed the nearest thing that could be used as a weapon. His outstretched fingers grasped a torch. With a defiant scream, he thrust it at the man!

Lopen felt the knowledge and power of his new gifts burst forth. The flame approaching him was bent away by his firebending, and instead singed D'ave's face. But something stranger had happened. As he touched his head he could feel his hair slowly growing back from... bald?! And he also felt a bit different. Some of his anger was steadied by the gift, as if he was somehow becoming slightly more intertwined with it. Although as soon as he stopped this new thing called bending this state of mind faded away. I'll need to be careful of that next time he thought. But he knew that his bending was imperfect, and that would have to wait until Rhaizen was dead.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

D'ave knew a demon when he saw one. This man simply wasn't human. Luckily, the water throwing had given him enough time to grab his dagger, which he always kept in his briefcase. Ignoring all subtlety, he rushed Lopen, swinging at his chest with a quick swipe.

Lopen used his third gift in an interesting way: to take hope. As D'ave ran towards him he took away all hope, and the man stopped in his tracks, seeing that he was rushing an old friend hopelessly.

If any of you haven't figured out my weakness from these pm me here or on discord and I'll explain.

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

D'ave realized there was no way to win this fight. It was pointless. He would never amount to anything. He looked down at the dagger in his hands. Well old friend, I guess this is it, he thought to himself. Goodbye forever. He threw the dagger into a nearby puddle. He then turned to walk away.

But then he remembered that there were ways to win fights without having hope. 

Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a teddy bear grenade. Pulling the pin, he charged Lopen, grenade held tightly in his left hand. It was time for some mutually assured destruction. 

9 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

holding Nei’an’s coat in his hands.

I am actually wearing it.

Rhazien frowned at the body the had randomly appeared. His wound ached terribly, no amount of stormlight would heal it. He was slowly dying. He had no clue how long he would live. He looked at Yzabet and back at the unconscious body. He was so close, he just needed three more investitures and he would be complete. He looked at Yzabet once more.

"Come we are leaving. I don't know what attention this could bring us. What it could bring is disaster. I don't like it at all." He said grabbing her hand and pulling her away.

D'ave came to a halt. He looked down at his hand and saw the grenade was no longer there. He suddenly felt very hopeful. "Yeah," he said. "YEAH! LET'S GO KILL THAT DUDE!" It was a very strange thing to hear a lawyer say. He grabbed the torch again, and started running in the general direction of where he thought Rhazien would be, screaming with triumph all the way

It was crazy at the manner of Lord Rhazien. The hustle and bustle of servants cleaning and preparing could be heard two blocks away!

"C'mon guys we gotta get this house ready, Tevarah ordered atop his podium,  Rhazien and his bride wont like a messy dirty dusty house" 

"Tevarah!!! An angry looking woman yelled across the court yard, I won't have you-"

Tevarah yelped "Ehh Zurri hi, umm I'm not taking your job permanently just for a little bit your still the master sevant, but lord Rhazien ordered me to make some adjustments to his house and there were some things that you couldnt do that umm I uhh could do." 

"Like what!" she yelled,

"Umm... things."

Zurri started to walk away angrily. "Hey Zurri, Tevarah shouted over the noise "you can do something for me," he handed her a list. She looked it over confused,  "why in the world do you need-" 

"No stop,Tevarah said shushing her, this is all hush hush its a surprise, so can you get it." 

"I don't know, she said scratching her head, I'm sure I can get most of it I'll have to pull a few strings, but-" 

"Thanks sooooo much Tevarah said praise in his voice, Zurri your the best I knew I could count on you!" 

"Why can't I ever stay mad at you Tevarah"

"I think it's my fabulous charm and you probably like my face"

"Sure sure. I'll be back later to yell at you some more, Zurri said, see you later"

"Bye Zurri Tevarah said now everybody back to work!!"