The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

I don't get the reference either.:unsure:

Butt's face hurt pretty bad, but he finally decided to pick himself up. Unfortunately, his legs turned to jelly from laying in his sorrow for so many years. He managed to immobilize the ghanderflaffle for enough time to use it as a sled. Somehow, it worked and on the way he bumped into Nazh, who was busy frantically drawing a map.

They both looked at each other confused. "The things I put up with to please Khriss." Nazh said. "If you don't know what it is you're drawing; how did you know to draw it in the first place?" asked Butt. "Dammed if I know. You look like rust, by the way. What happened to you?" said Nazh. Butt tried to explain, but couldn't remember. "Oh no!" thought Butt.

Sobbing the second time around was a bit painful for Butt as he still hadn't replenished his body fluids. It was also a bit painful because a pencil grazed his face. You see, upon hearing about the ghanderflaffle, Nazh stood up suddenly and threw his pencil. Nazh and the ghanderflaffle had had a falling out not to recently and was embarrassed.

“Who are you?” Butt asked Nazh while sobbing.  “I don’t even remember whom you are. And why did you throw a pencil at me?” 

“It’s actually ‘who’ in that case,” Nazh corrected. “And we haven’t meet before this so, I’m not sure why you’re so upset.  Unless of course it was the pencil.”

“I don’t even remeber proper grammar,” Butt sobbed not caring that he hurt from the pencil.

So Butt held up his hand, with his other firmly planted on The Chull at Dusk, and started to swear an oath to never engage in love again. So, as the Stormfather rumbled in approval, Butt began his oath. It went as follows.