The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

On 5/7/2024 at 9:53 AM, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author stares confused as someone opens Sprite with a teaspoon. Why would you do that???

Everyone shrugged. "I like it this way," they said, tossing the entire top half of the can to the side and taking a sip.

14 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author begins to regret coming back to sentience. 

Everyone offered the Once Author an extra can.

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author accepts and drinks it like a normal person.

While the Once-Author is thusly distracted, the Tragedy Squad began their sneaky attack on the castle holding the The Real Nameless juice.

1 minute ago, NameIess said:

While the Once-Author is thusly distracted, the Tragedy Squad began their sneaky attack on the castle holding the The Real Nameless juice.

The once author hears the squad (their sneakiness was a tragedy), and so begins his way to where they are)

25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The once author hears the squad (their sneakiness was a tragedy), and so begins his way to where they are)

Fortunately, they were very quick. Propelled by the motivation to save their loved ones, the Tragedy Squad bypassed the castle's defenses in record time.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“NO WAY!”

Indeed, by the time the Once-Author could arrive, the Tragedy Squad had reached the final door that separated them from their prize.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“STOP YOU’LL EXPLODE”

They spun on the Once-Author, weapons drawn, faces filled with determination. Barioth was the first to speak. "So you're the one who's been keeping the juice locked away for yourself. I'm glad to get the chance to make you pay for your selfishness."

26 minutes ago, NameIess said:

They spun on the Once-Author, weapons drawn, faces filled with determination. Barioth was the first to speak. "So you're the one who's been keeping the juice locked away for yourself. I'm glad to get the chance to make you pay for your selfishness."

“NO!!!”

On 5/9/2024 at 9:51 PM, Ancient Elantrian said:

“NO!!!”

“That’s right, you’ve lost! The benefits of that immortality potion will be freely accessible to all, as soon as we’ve used it to save our loved ones.” Barioth strode forward, smiling. “We’re almost there. I’ve been skeptical about this quest since the beginning, but even I have to admit at this point. We will succeed. I will save my granddaughter. And I am still capable of being a hero.”

Silvery mist coalesced in Barioth’s hand and formed into a gleaming Shardaxe, which he swung towards the Once-Author’s head.

58 minutes ago, NameIess said:

“That’s right, you’ve lost! The benefits of that immortality potion will be freely accessible to all, as soon as we’ve used it to save our loved ones.” Barioth strode forward, smiling. “We’re almost there. I’ve been skeptical about this quest since the beginning, but even I have to admit at this point. We will succeed. I will save my granddaughter. And I am still capable of being a hero.”

Silvery mist coalesced in Barioth’s hand and formed into a gleaming Shardaxe, which he swung towards the Once-Author’s head.

The Once-Author ducked, yelping. “IF YOU LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER DONT DO IT YOU WILL EXPLODE”

9 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once-Author ducked, yelping. “IF YOU LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER DONT DO IT YOU WILL EXPLODE”

Barioth laughed. "An obvious lie. Why would a monster like you go to all this trouble protecting something so useless to you?"

24 minutes ago, NameIess said:

Barioth laughed. "An obvious lie. Why would a monster like you go to all this trouble protecting something so useless to you?"

“So you don’t DIE!!!”

16 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Darth Jar Jar ate a pineapple.

“Yummy.”

7 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“So you don’t DIE!!!”

"Say what you wish, I won't bend in my conviction." Barioth continued his attack, swinging his Shardaxe with great skill.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author ducked again, then rushed into the bottle room and held it up threateningly.

Barioth hesitated, axe shifting into a spear. "We both know you're too greedy to destroy that."

10 hours ago, NameIess said:

Barioth hesitated, axe shifting into a spear. "We both know you're too greedy to destroy that."

6 hours ago, Lunamor said:

The juice looked extra juicy.

The Once Author glances at the bottle of juice. “Yeah… ima smash this. Or… actually…” he downs the bottle. “That… bad… idea…”

5 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Once Author glances at the bottle of juice. “Yeah… ima smash this. Or… actually…” he downs the bottle. “That… bad… idea…”

“Indeed it was!”

Barioth waved a hand, dismissing the Lightweaving and revealing that the Once-Author had just drunk an entire bottle of Horneater Root. The pedestal where the original The Real Nameless juice had been was conspicuously empty.

”Even as we speak, my comrades are taking the juice to those who need it. By now, they’ll be miles from here, moving in opposite directions. You’ll never catch them!”

2 hours ago, NameIess said:

“Indeed it was!”

Barioth waved a hand, dismissing the Lightweaving and revealing that the Once-Author had just drunk an entire bottle of Horneater Root. The pedestal where the original The Real Nameless juice had been was conspicuously empty.

”Even as we speak, my comrades are taking the juice to those who need it. By now, they’ll be miles from here, moving in opposite directions. You’ll never catch them!”

The Once-Author slaps his forehead, throat burning. “Why are you so dumb.”