The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

1 minute ago, Being of Cacophony said:

um... a lot. You could probably make one up though. The creature has Unity, Platypus has Vengeance, Sequence has Conflict I think, Onyx has Continuity and Suddenly Pineapples, No One has one that I can't think of. Oh, and Nerdy has Drama.

@UnfortunatelyNamed knows more than me.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Remember when Plot got killed? Well, his power split up into a bunch of Plotblades, embodiments of different elements of plot.

ah, thanks.

What if Thaid had "Protagonist" or "Antagonist"? Maybe "Quest" or "Wise Wizard"?

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

yeah?

The Plotblade of Character. Onyx has a medallion with a map of its location on it.

"Hmm. He doesn't have a Plotblade, does he?" Onyx replied in a slightly amused tone after a few moments of Shadow stammering. "In that case, give him this." He extended his hand, and a medallion made out of bronze materialized. He proffered the medallion to Shadow.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Plotblade of Character. Onyx has a medallion with a map of its location on it.

"Hmm. He doesn't have a Plotblade, does he?" Onyx replied in a slightly amused tone after a few moments of Shadow stammering. "In that case, give him this." He extended his hand, and a medallion made out of bronze materialized. He proffered the medallion to Shadow.

I have a really good idea.

How about the map is a hoax and Thaidakar has it right now. 

Shadow nodded, taking the medallion. He tucked it into a pocket that appeared on his suit pants.

10 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I have a really good idea.

How about the map is a hoax and Thaidakar has it right now. 

Shadow nodded, taking the medallion. He tucked it into a pocket that appeared on his suit pants.

As in, already has the Plotblade? I think it would be better for Thaidakar to go on a quest to obtain it. And Onyx 100% knows where it is, so he'd likely already know if Thaidakar had claimed it already.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

As in, already has the Plotblade? I think it would be better for Thaidakar to go on a quest to obtain it. And Onyx 100% knows where it is, so he'd likely already know if Thaidakar had claimed it already.

Hmmm...

How about Thaidakar nows how to find it and has sent Spook, his son, to go get it to prove he's worthy of replacing him as a narrator?

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hmmm...

How about Thaidakar nows how to find it and has sent Spook, his son, to go get it to prove he's worthy of replacing him as a narrator?

Certainly! Feel free to distribute the medallion to any one of your characters.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Certainly! Feel free to distribute the medallion to any one of your characters.

alrighty then. 

Shadow nodded, "We will enjoy having this..." Shadow disappeared with a pop. He appeared in the villa. Shadow, or rather Spook, pressed a button on the watch, the illusion disappeared. He'd just won another bet against Shadow. Thank goodness Shadow had let him use the watch. 

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

alrighty then. 

Shadow nodded, "We will enjoy having this..." Shadow disappeared with a pop. He appeared in the villa. Shadow, or rather Spook, pressed a button on the watch, the illusion disappeared. He'd just won another bet against Shadow. Thank goodness Shadow had let him use the watch. 

Cool!

Also Thaidakar, guess how many posts you have until you reach #3 in posts on TLT? :ph34r:

On 3/9/2023 at 7:55 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"You will not stop me!" howled the destroyer over the rising sound of the wind. "I will destroy those who sought to destroy me, and claim the crown that is my birthright!"

The creature snarled something in reply, but it was lost to the screaming of the maelstrom swirling around them. As the pull from Unity continued to increase in strength, the destroyer heard a new voice coming from deep inside of him, different from the creature's. Where that voice was full of unconcealed rage like a roaring flame, this new voice was controlled, tinged with only the smallest embers of hate. Join me. Join me and I will give you power enough to claim all that is owed to you. With me, you will take your rightful place in this world. Nothing will be denied you.

--

Moni shivered as she watched the scene, the television Nameless had stolen having switched from the shaky camera footage to a closeup of the action. "Is that power really coming from a Plotblade? I knew they were dangerous, but this is more than I expected." Her right hand had once again strayed to the hilt of her knife. "And who is that destroyer fellow? Where did he come from?"

9 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

um... -1,000?

-3, actually. :ph34r: As of today, you have the third most posts of anyone on TLT. Congrats!

9 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

if we're giving out numbers, can you tell me how many posts I have?

480 as of your most recent post. Almost in the 500 club :ph34r:

8 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The creature snarled something in reply, but it was lost to the screaming of the maelstrom swirling around them. As the pull from Unity continued to increase in strength, the destroyer heard a new voice coming from deep inside of him, different from the creature's. Where that voice was full of unconcealed rage like a roaring flame, this new voice was controlled, tinged with only the smallest embers of hate. Join me. Join me and I will give you power enough to claim all that is owed to you. With me, you will take your rightful place in this world. Nothing will be denied you.

The destroyer narrowed his eyes. Who are you, to make such a deal?

--

"How am I supposed to know?" 655 mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn. "It's not like I've watched the rest of... whatever this show is."