The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 swallowed nervously. "I'll... have to keep that in mind. Who is she?"

The destroyer growled, his sword glowing yellow. Then he plunged it into the ground.

The ground detonated, vaporizing everything in a thirty-foot radius.

Moni waved away the rock vapor that had filled the house suddenly. “Her name is Subversion, and she’s a big fan of not caring for morality.”

The creature’s sword shone a deep red and absorbed the explosion. Before the smoke cleared, the creature was lunging towards the destroyer, sword aimed for his heart.

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Moni waved away the rock vapor that had filled the house suddenly. “Her name is Subversion, and she’s a big fan of not caring for morality.”

"Great," replied 655 heavily. "What should I do when I run into her?"

4 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The creature’s sword shone a deep red and absorbed the explosion. Before the smoke cleared, the creature was lunging towards the destroyer, sword aimed for his heart.

The destroyer growled, projecting a shield of green directly in the creature's path, then shooting a beam of green light at it.

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Great," replied 655 heavily. "What should I do when I run into her?"

The destroyer growled, projecting a shield of green directly in the creature's path, then shooting a beam of green light at it.

Moni shrugged. “Try not to let her manipulate you. Try to be boring. She probably wont be too interested then. Unless she decides to make you not boring anymore.”

The creature blocked the green light, sucking the attack into its Plotblade, then rammed the sword into the shield. The shield resisted for a moment, but the Blade’s red glow intensified and a moment later the green glow was gone, the creature’s blade moving to claim the destroyer’s soul.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Moni shrugged. “Try not to let her manipulate you. Try to be boring. She probably wont be too interested then. Unless she decides to make you not boring anymore.”

655 looked down at himself. "Well, I do look pretty boring..."

3 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The creature blocked the green light, sucking the attack into its Plotblade, then rammed the sword into the shield. The shield resisted for a moment, but the Blade’s red glow intensified and a moment later the green glow was gone, the creature’s blade moving to claim the destroyer’s soul.

The destroyer felt a sudden spike of fear tint his rage. In a flash of black light he teleported backwards. Blue light danced around his eyes as his power analyzed the situation.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 looked down at himself. "Well, I do look pretty boring..."

The destroyer felt a sudden spike of fear tint his rage. In a flash of black light he teleported backwards. Blue light danced around his eyes as his power analyzed the situation.

“That’s the spirit!” Moni patted 655 on the shoulder. “I’m sure she’ll leave you alone. Just don’t get in her way and you’ll be fine.”

The creature watched the destroyer with interest. “You are powerful.”

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“That’s the spirit!” Moni patted 655 on the shoulder. “I’m sure she’ll leave you alone. Just don’t get in her way and you’ll be fine.”

Moni's hand came away with flecks of dust.

The creature watched the destroyer with interest. “You are powerful.”

What information would the blue light be able to gather about the creature and its Plotblade?

28 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Moni's hand came away with flecks of dust.

Moni looked at her hand. "Do you need a glass of water?"

28 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

What information would the blue light be able to gather about the creature and its Plotblade?

He would be able to determine that the creature's consciousness is made out of an amalgamation of the souls trapped by its Plotblade. Most of those souls have been almost entirely annihilated, then repaired with raw power, so the thing is rather unstable.

10 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Moni looked at her hand. "Do you need a glass of water?"

655 noticed the dust. "Oh... yes, that would be good."

10 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

He would be able to determine that the creature's consciousness is made out of an amalgamation of the souls trapped by its Plotblade. Most of those souls have been almost entirely annihilated, then repaired with raw power, so the thing is rather unstable.

What about the nature of the Plotblade?

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 noticed the dust. "Oh... yes, that would be good."

Moni nodded to the refrigerator. "Feel free to get yourself one. Cups are in the cabinet on the right."

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

What about the nature of the Plotblade?

It is the Plotblade of Unity.

Moni nodded to the refrigerator. "Feel free to get yourself one. Cups are in the cabinet on the right."

It is the Plotblade of Unity.

655 grabbed a cup and took a drink of water, pulling the shed dust back into himself. He sighed contentedly. "Ah... I had forgotten how good water tastes."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyer narrowed his eyes, watching the yellow energy rage as it attempted to break free of the creature, resisting containment.

21 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

655 grabbed a cup and took a drink of water, pulling the shed dust back into himself. He sighed contentedly. "Ah... I had forgotten how good water tastes.""

"So, you've just been dust this whole time? Why'd you show up here?"

22 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyer narrowed his eyes, watching the yellow energy rage as it attempted to break free of the creature, resisting containment.

The creature hissed, grip tightening on its Plotblade. "You have strength. I need strength to take Vengeance on those that killed me." The energy's rage subsided as it was assimilated into the creature. "Join me, and I will take back that which has been stolen."

"So, you've just been dust this whole time? Why'd you show up here?"

"I don't know."

The creature hissed, grip tightening on its Plotblade. "You have strength. I need strength to take Vengeance on those that killed me." The energy's rage subsided as it was assimilated into the creature. "Join me, and I will take back that which has been stolen."

"No," replied the destroyer. "You will join me."

In a flash of black, he appeared behind the creature, sword stabbing forwards into its form.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I don't know."

"Probably something to do with Narrators. Is there some quest you're supposed to go on that you might need my help with?"

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"No," replied the destroyer. "You will join me."

In a flash of black, he appeared behind the creature, sword stabbing forwards into its form.

The creature spun, making no attempt to dodge the destroyer's blade as it slashed its own at his chest. "You will join me. Everyone will join me in time."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Probably something to do with Narrators. Is there some quest you're supposed to go on that you might need my help with?"

"Not that I know about." 655 shrugged. "You know as much about why I'm here as I do."

The creature spun, making no attempt to dodge the destroyer's blade as it slashed its own at his chest. "You will join me. Everyone will join me in time."

The destroyer's blade began to absorb the power of the creature as the creature's blade began to absorb the destroyer.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Not that I know about." 655 shrugged. "You know as much about why I'm here as I do."

"Well, maybe your Author just felt bad for you, being in a pot for so long." Moni shrugged. "I guess you can stay here for a while if you want. Nameless' house is a pretty good place to be as houses go. The kitchen's always stocked, the tv always has something interesting on it, the security is usually good," Moni glared at the large group of characters and Narrators that were clogging the living room. "And there's plenty of rooms in it."

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The destroyer's blade began to absorb the power of the creature as the creature's blade began to absorb the destroyer.

The creature gritted ashen teeth, anger causing the heat inside it to magnify tenfold. "You want to steal me. You seek my Blade for your own. It is mine. You will be mine."