The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

23 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni kept running, barely taking any time to observe her new surroundings.

How long do we have to do this for?

"Okay. Well, good luck on your thread-domination plans or whatever. Hope I don't have to kill you sometime!" Nameless disappeared into shadow to go hunt down TOC's killer.

Soulmover grinned and then went to find Nowhere.

Nowhere was hiding in his giant house filled with earwaxium.

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Well, the Witherlord is a cosmic entity. He is also the single highest chaotic-dark entity.

The Namless Ends are deaths of universes. The Witherlord is the death of all universes.

Dangerous. :ph34r:

Until we stop being chased, the survey replied.

no, Nameless ends are the deaths of Planes. Stop messing with their lore. Regardless, the Witherlord cannot control infinity, for Nameless Ends are like Boundless Beginnings in that, only more separate. he may be able to control/create one or a few, but it is not possible for him to control that which he does not know.

of course, but It will help us in the end. I've been on the Shard for about 6 months, and this plotline is getting old. I wish to get rid of the Witherlord, because that is the only way for several other plotlines to continue.

10 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

no, Nameless ends are the deaths of Planes.

Planes are collections of universes, correct?

12 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Regardless, the Witherlord cannot control infinity, for Nameless Ends are like Boundless Beginnings in that, only more separate. he may be able to control/create one or a few, but it is not possible for him to control that which he does not know.

Fair. There is a distinction between the cosmic entity of chaotic-darkness and the host that bears it. It is the Witherlord's mantle that rules every chaotic-dark entity; the Witherlord himself has a narrower focus. 

16 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

of course, but It will help us in the end. I've been on the Shard for about 6 months, and this plotline is getting old. I wish to get rid of the Witherlord, because that is the only way for several other plotlines to continue.

What sorts of plotlines?

48 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Plans unrevealed cannot be changed by pesky narrators." 

"Too bad. I wanted to know all your evil plans. Or all your good ones. Messing with plans is always fun, especially when the makers of those plans are as naïve as you."

41 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Until we stop being chased, the survey replied.

"I don't think that's going to happen. The consultants really want you. Could you take us back to the mimes maybe? They seemed at least semi-nice, and not prone to kidnapping us. Although I guess we didn't try leaving."

31 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Soulmover grinned and then went to find Nowhere.

Nowhere was hiding in his giant house filled with earwaxium.

A tap came at the door. "Hello? I just appeared outside your house with no memory and a vague desire to learn. Can I come in?"

22 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Planes are collections of universes, correct?

Fair. There is a distinction between the cosmic entity of chaotic-darkness and the host that bears it. It is the Witherlord's mantle that rules every chaotic-dark entity; the Witherlord himself has a narrower focus. 

What sorts of plotlines?

yes.

This is true, I'm glad we're on the same page. Also, technically, if it can have a bearer like the Witherlord, it is a bearer of cosmic power, as Cosmic Entities are like Spren, sentient collectives of power. The power itself cannot be a cosmic entity when bound to some being. In changing the Darkbeast, the Witherlord merely caused it to be absorbed by a Nameless End, of which there are various levels of awareness. The power the Witherlord has is shared with most Nameless Ends, as the essence he is trying to control is essentially End. This actually limits him, because the power does not like to be controlled/confined. This may not make much sense, I'm half asleep. Please ask questions, I'll clarify tomorrow.

The skeins, for one. The purpose of the one whom we are calling Bob is another, along with the Waystones and Alex. The Quarkbeast is trying to get into The Alleyverse and is currently in The Fellowship of the Thing, so it is ignoring events here for now, but it might eventually have a plotline.

12 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Too bad. I wanted to know all your evil plans. Or all your good ones. Messing with plans is always fun, especially when the makers of those plans are as naïve as you."

The one whom we are calling Bob grunted as he lifted a large, heavy object covered in a sheet. "I literally can't have evil plans, Nameless. That would go against my Essence. Not being human is not quite naïve, though it is close. I know more than you think, I am just bound in ways you can't understand."

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Just now, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

The one whom we are calling Bob grunted as he lifted a large, heavy object covered in a sheet. "I literally can't have evil plans, Nameless. That would go against my Essence. Not being human is not quite naïve, though it is close. I know more than you think, I am just bound in ways you can't understand."

"Ah yes. The good old 'inhuman' excuse. Works quite well until it doesn't. Still, I appreciate some good character building. Need me to ask some more helpful questions so you can exposit more relevant info, or are you all good on that front?"

26 minutes ago, Nameless said:

A tap came at the door. "Hello? I just appeared outside your house with no memory and a vague desire to learn. Can I come in?"

Nowhere groaned, he used hand signals to tell Impossible, "see who it is."

Impossible glanced out the window he turned back to Nowhere and said, "it's a kid."

Nowhere blinked, "wha?"

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere groaned, he used hand signals to tell Impossible, "see who it is."

Impossible glanced out the window he turned back to Nowhere and said, "it's a kid."

Nowhere blinked, "wha?"

"Excuse me? I'm not a- oh storms, why am I so young? And why do I feel like I'm not?"

6 minutes ago, Nameless said:

"Excuse me? I'm not a- oh storms, why am I so young? And why do I feel like I'm not?"

Impossible opened the door, "so, um, you look quite strange." indeed the child did, the bloodied cloak was quite terrifying, but what made Nowhere hesitate was the symbol on the cloak.

"no." said Nowhere. unbelieving.

Impossible opened the door, "so, um, you look quite strange." indeed the child did, the bloodied cloak was quite terrifying, but what made Nowhere hesitate was the symbol on the cloak.

"no." said Nowhere. unbelieving.

"I- What? What's the symbol?"

Nowhere sat down, "child, could you tell me why you have.. that symbol on your cloak? it has been years since I've seen the symbol of the allaclypse."

"The what? and I'm not a child. My name's Rep."

"clearly." 

Impossible gave Nowhere a strange look, "what do you mean?"

Nowhere sighed, "Rep, I think, I think you might be my old friend and adversary."

"Really? That doesn't seem right." Rep looked at Nowhere carefully. "You don't seem to light a flame."

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Also, technically, if it can have a bearer like the Witherlord, it is a bearer of cosmic power, as Cosmic Entities are like Spren, sentient collectives of power. The power itself cannot be a cosmic entity when bound to some being.

I don't know about any Cosmic Entity capitalization. The Witherlord is a cosmic entity because it is an entity (loosely speaking) that is cosmic- that is to say, super-universal. Being bound to a holder does limit it, that is true.

In changing the Darkbeast, the Witherlord merely caused it to be absorbed by a Nameless End, of which there are various levels of awareness.

I figure the Witherlord just made it capable of destroying universes by chewing them up, which qualifies it as a Nameless End.

The power the Witherlord has is shared with most Nameless Ends, as the essence he is trying to control is essentially End. This actually limits him, because the power does not like to be controlled/confined. This may not make much sense, I'm half asleep.

The ancient!Witherlord is the power of chaotic darkness. It is not exactly controlled by the bearer!Witherlord; it is more like the ancient!Witherlord has found a crack in reality in which it can squeeze so as to better carry out its destructive purpose.

The skeins, for one. The purpose of the one whom we are calling Bob is another, along with the Waystones and Alex. The Quarkbeast is trying to get into The Alleyverse and is currently in The Fellowship of the Thing, so it is ignoring events here for now, but it might eventually have a plotline.

Plotlines can be concurrent. :ph34r: Also, officially, TLT is unbreachable by entities of great power.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Speaking of which, what happened to the person who appeared at the University of Universes? Did they ever find their way to admissions?

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

"I don't think that's going to happen. The consultants really want you. Could you take us back to the mimes maybe? They seemed at least semi-nice, and not prone to kidnapping us. Although I guess we didn't try leaving."

They are watching most closely that way, the survey replied as they ran through the sparse jungle.

Edited by xinoehp512

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

They are watching most closely that way, the survey replied as they ran through the sparse jungle.

Moni nodded.

Is there a long term plan beyond making me run forever?

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Nowhere widened his eyes, "so you are the Rep I know."

Rep nodded to himself. "I get it now. 'Firework show in a mattress shop' means 'Spark-flicker in a haystack'. That's what you were trying to say!" He grinned.

10 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Moni nodded.

Is there a long term plan beyond making me run forever?

Rep nodded to himself. "I get it now. 'Firework show in a mattress shop' means 'Spark-flicker in a haystack'. That's what you were trying to say!" He grinned.

Nowhere grinned.