The Longest Thread (Misadventures)

Just now, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

I can keep watch. I don't think there's anything dangerous around now that we've gotten away from those spiders.

"Hm... Alright." He chose a spot, laid down, and closed his eyes.

I guess skip to when he wakes up. Also I don't know what to do with them if they're away from the group.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

"Yes indeed. You want to leave now? I think that would be a good idea."

Nameless felt his energy slackening as the beams were slowly pushed towards him. He closed his eyes, focusing intently. No, not quite yet. Just a little longer.

Platypus watched the beams move toward Nameless, ready for any motion, careful not to over-extend. As Nameless' energy slackened, Platypus decreased his energy flow so the beams still advanced, but so that he would be ready in case of an offensive from Nameless.

13 hours ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"Hm... Alright." He chose a spot, laid down, and closed his eyes.

I guess skip to when he wakes up. Also I don't know what to do with them if they're away from the group.

Some time later…

Hey, wake up. I think I see someone.

I’m sure they can find a different group of random adventurers if need be.

12 hours ago, Ookla the Immortal said:

Platypus watched the beams move toward Nameless, ready for any motion, careful not to over-extend. As Nameless' energy slackened, Platypus decreased his energy flow so the beams still advanced, but so that he would be ready in case of an offensive from Nameless.

Nameless felt the beams closing in on him, felt Platypus slacken his energy. He knows I’m planning something. Still, can’t make my move yet. He continued to struggle, but the beams inched closer and closer despite his best efforts to halt them. Almost there. just a little bit longer.

The shadowed figure nodded. “Yes. I can’t travel easily between worlds any other way. I can leave you here with my minions, if you wish. They might save you.”

@Ookla the Reborn

Edited by Ookla the Name-Stolen

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

Some time later…

Nameless felt the beams closing in on him, felt Platypus slacken his energy. He knows I’m planning something. Still, can’t make my move yet. He continued to struggle, but the beams inched closer and closer despite his best efforts to halt them. Almost there. just a little bit longer.

dont forget abalador.

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

Some time later…

@Ookla the Reborn

Sandy woke up immediately, looking rather well-rested. "Who?"

21 hours ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

In his pocket, the "Mordite" blade fuzzed, for a moment revealing its true form as a blade that was merely extremely lethal, not made from Mordite, as Mordite was impossible to make through simply Narration.

Xiahida takes a moment to curse misconceptions and secures the knife in a thick sheath.  He should get that to Xyr for study. He moved Johny and rummaged through his jacket for a small vial. Upon recovering it he uncorked it and shoved it under Johny's nose. His eyes snapped open, and started screaming something about 'Lying moons' and the 'stars above' before coming back to reality. "That's what I get for leaving the Box," he screams "A chestful of Narration!"

33 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

Some time later…

The shadowed figure nodded. “Yes. I can’t travel easily between worlds any other way. I can leave you here with my minions, if you wish. They might save you.”

@Ookla the Reborn

Platypus looked at Nameless, sweat beading on his head. He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out what he was going to do. The beams inched ever closer.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

Some time later…

@Ookla the Reborn

Jeremy hesitated. "Fine," he said reluctantly. "Let's get out of here."

23 hours ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

"You're welcome. And when I say don't trust your memories, I don't mean that you should not trust them to be accurate, but that you should not be biased by them in interpreting current events."

Sequence blinked. "Well that's even more ominous. Thank you though!" Sequence happily waved to the Dreamsmith and walked out the door, looking down at the new weapon in her hands admirably.

On 11/30/2023 at 1:39 PM, Ookla the Abstract said:

"You are a bird...

Well, an intelligent observer might notice that I am not a species of bird native to this forest.

On 11/30/2023 at 1:56 PM, Ookla the Reborn said:

Jeremy hesitated. "Fine," he said reluctantly. "Let's get out of here."

“All right. I’ll get us out of here as soon as I can.” The shadowed figure concentrated, gathering his power. “Just give me half an hour.”

On 11/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, Ookla the Immortal said:

Platypus looked at Nameless, sweat beading on his head. He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out what he was going to do. The beams inched ever closer.

Nameless grinned at Platypus’s consternation. “Ready… to… lose?” All but the smallest fragment of his power expended, Nameless let up his attack, watching as Platypus’s beam arced towards him unopposed. Just a few more moments left.

On 11/30/2023 at 3:05 PM, Ookla the Categorized said:

Sequence blinked. "Well that's even more ominous. Thank you though!" Sequence happily waved to the Dreamsmith and walked out the door, looking down at the new weapon in her hands admirably.

The Dreamsmith watched her go, wishing he didn’t feel so powerless. I wish I could do more. Between Darkness and the… other one, they have their work cut out for them.

22 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

“All right. I’ll get us out of here as soon as I can.” The shadowed figure concentrated, gathering his power. “Just give me half an hour.”

"Well don't rush," Jeremy replied sardonically. "I'm having a great time here."

On 12/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

Well, an intelligent observer might notice that I am not a species of bird native to this forest.

Nameless grinned at Platypus’s consternation. “Ready… to… lose?” All but the smallest fragment of his power expended, Nameless let up his attack, watching as Platypus’s beam arced towards him unopposed. Just a few more moments left.

The Dreamsmith watched her go, wishing he didn’t feel so powerless. I wish I could do more. Between Darkness and the… other one, they have their work cut out for them.

Platypus glared at him. "I've been ready this entire time. But now I don't think I will. I'm not in the mood." The beams shot towards him, faster than the untrained eye could follow. He's gonna have to do whatever he was planning very quickly and hope it worked if he didn't want to lose.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:27 PM, Ookla the Reborn said:

"Well don't rush," Jeremy replied sardonically. "I'm having a great time here."

The shadowed figure huffed angrily. "Not long ago it would've taken weeks for me to gather enough strength to make a hole in reality like this! You should be more appreciative of my incredible ability to travel between dimensions."

The eyes of the Hunger were close now, and coming closer every moment.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, Ookla the Abstract said:

"Maybe... Well, do you have any ideas?"

Well I guess you could call out to them? Let them know you're here?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Immortal said:

Platypus glared at him. "I've been ready this entire time. But now I don't think I will. I'm not in the mood." The beams shot towards him, faster than the untrained eye could follow. He's gonna have to do whatever he was planning very quickly and hope it worked if he didn't want to lose.

Nameless used the last of his power to enhance his reaction speed dramatically. This fight ends when those beams hit me. Nameless watched as the beams moved forward in slow motion, grin widening as they inched closer and closer.

The beams hit, and in that moment Nameless acted.

In Nameless' hand appeared the most powerful Plotblade in all of TLT. Now fully in its element, Endings' true form was revealed. It was not a dagger, a sword, or even a scythe. In that single moment, Endings was everything. Victory and defeat. Love lost and love gained. A life sacrificed in heroic glory and the peaceful death of old age. Endings was these and more, an unimaginable multitude of possibility, the embodiment of a concept only now peeking through the shell of a Blade that contained it.

In that moment, in that single frozen point of time that we call an ending, Nameless drew upon the power of the Blade of Endings and changed the end of his battle. Power poured into him, Plot's essence replacing the Narration he'd expended as he swung Endings towards Platypus with a wordless cry, destroying the ending he'd received in favor of another.

Both beams were obliterated as a wave of overwhelming energy washed towards Platypus, imbued with Nameless' will: Total defeat for Platypus.

51 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The shadowed figure huffed angrily. "Not long ago it would've taken weeks for me to gather enough strength to make a hole in reality like this! You should be more appreciative of my incredible ability to travel between dimensions."

The eyes of the Hunger were close now, and coming closer every moment.

Well I guess you could call out to them? Let them know you're here?

Nameless used the last of his power to enhance his reaction speed dramatically. This fight ends when those beams hit me. Nameless watched as the beams moved forward in slow motion, grin widening as they inched closer and closer.

The beams hit, and in that moment Nameless acted.

In Nameless' hand appeared the most powerful Plotblade in all of TLT. Now fully in its element, Endings' true form was revealed. It was not a dagger, a sword, or even a scythe. In that single moment, Endings was everything. Victory and defeat. Love lost and love gained. A life sacrificed in heroic glory and the peaceful death of old age. Endings was these and more, an unimaginable multitude of possibility, the embodiment of a concept only now peeking through the shell of a Blade that contained it.

In that moment, in that single frozen point of time that we call an ending, Nameless drew upon the power of the Blade of Endings and changed the end of his battle. Power poured into him, Plot's essence replacing the Narration he'd expended as he swung Endings towards Platypus with a wordless cry, destroying the ending he'd received in favor of another.

Both beams were obliterated as a wave of overwhelming energy washed towards Platypus, imbued with Nameless' will: Total defeat for Platypus.

Platypus locked up, immobilized by a wave of pure energy. Then as his limbs freed themselves, he rolled with the flow, away from Nameless. 

Platypus felt reality shifting, his state of being changing as he thought. Vengeance gleamed as it resisted Endings, both blades heating up as Plot fought itself. 

He knew what had to be done. There was one path through this. Change. He had held Development for a time, he knew how to change. All it would take was...

A snap was heard throughout the battlefield, then an eerie silence. Platypus walked out of a dust cloud, stirred up by the energy, among other things, and spoke. Or did he? His mouth did not move, but all watching could hear his voice. 

"Nameless. Are you ready to see reason and surrender? Or do I need to Silence you?" he asked coldly, no emotion in his voice. In one hand, he held the Mordite blade. In the other, he held a blade of Nullite. Vengeance hung from his belt, glittering with a strange glow that drew attention, but it couldn't be looked at for long. "Your Ending was weak. There was no justification. It could not stand the test of Order."  Contempt entered his voice."Fool. You shouldn't have changed only your ending. You didn't change the result.

He stepped forward again, then collapsed. Endings burst into flame, threatening to sear Nameless' hand, and Vengeance's glittery glow magnified, attracting and repelling attention. The arena shifted, each area changing from landscape to landscape, until eventually, even the stands were left behind. Around them was only a void, an area with no light, and the lights coming from the changing battlefield faded under the oppression. Eventually there was only Platypus, Nameless, and a world existing outside of the interference of others.

Getting up, he spoke softly and calmly, but his tone was cold as ice, the very temperature seemed to lower at the sound. "You will not win. I cannot allow others to obtain the blade. I must defeat Darkness. If you are in my way, you will perish. Make your choice. And do it now."