Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

3 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Well... do we have a rough idea of when Steel was converted? I have some stuff that I could potentially reveal, but I'd want to clear it with the other Elantrians, first

Steel never was converted; he started as the Gyorn. We know that the Odiv was created N1, N2, or N3. So we're looking for anyone who was converted N1 or N2.

As for information gained from Elantris: we considered each other allies previous to the restoration of Elantris. I personally don't know the specifics of anyone's roles, except that Drought had been converted.

Reth walked into the city, slightly glowing and still in awe. His bare feet walked the cobbles of the street, and he returned the awed glances the crowds gave him. He grinned.

31 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@DroughtbringerAt the end of last cycle I was about to send a PM to a person I had been talking to for the entirety of the Night, but I got cut off by personal stuff and I don't want to reopen that PM just for this. To them: The answer to your question is Lopen.

Hmmmm?

I'm almost certain Elenion is the Odiv. 

And yay! Elantris is back! I've been meaning to message one of ya'll and see what's been happening, but I've been very busy the last couple Cycles, so I really haven't had the chance to do much. Now I don't have to!

Also, RIP Seonid. Best scanning I've ever seen.

14 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Hmmmm?

Well it would have been Seonid, but he just had to up and die on us. :P The question was which player did I consider most cleared. If you were Jeskeri, they would have known Seonid was the Priest long before he claimed it in response to Steel. Plus I know Seonid scanned you, else he wouldn't have involved you in his plans.

I will vote for Len when I get home. I think that if we decide there is a secret role to change scans, it is just as likely there is a secret role that would let Len be the Odiv in this situation. He is still the most likely.

Hey, I’m free! And I’m all glowy. Ooh. 

I don’t have a lot to share, though. We were limiting how much we shared so no one (read: no one with a kill) would see us as a threat, until we could restore Elantris. We’ve been able to target outside for a few cycles, but I can’t say we discovered that much that isn’t already known. All we had was action or target scanning (separately), and we didn’t find anything yet that I think points to the Jeskeri or the Odiv.

13 hours ago, Elenion said:

Hero hinted heavily to me that the Elantrians had figured some stuff out that we hadn't. I'm not asking you for all of your secrets, but is there any way that an Elantrian Odiv could have converted outside of Elantris? If I can find the real Odiv, then I can clear myself.

Len, Like Jondesu said, we've been able to target outside elantris for a few cycles, but from reading from the main thread, it seemed pretty confirmed that you were scanned as Derethi as well. Based on that, I am going to place my vote on you for now, Elenion, at least until someone convinces me otherwise. 

Edit: Quick PSA, I have changed my profile pic, but my name is the same.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

14 hours ago, Kidpen said:

I will vote for Len when I get home. I think that if we decide there is a secret role to change scans, it is just as likely there is a secret role that would let Len be the Odiv in this situation. He is still the most likely.

So, Pyro asked Hero, and Hero said that there were no secrets going on outside of Elantris, so...

To me it sounds like Len is lying. If he got scanned as Derethi, and Seonid, the other odiv suspect was lynched last night, it appears that the most likely other possible explanation is that Len is the Odiv, and is just trying to throw everyone off his tail.

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

To me it sounds like Len is lying. If he got scanned as Derethi, and Seonid, the other odiv suspect was lynched last night, it appears that the most likely other possible explanation is that Len is the Odiv, and is just trying to throw everyone off his tail.

I agree with you there

I'd like to defend myself more, but I don't think I have much more to say. I've given a timeline of everything I did with the Pendant when I had it. But it's hard to shake off a false accusation when everyone just wants to follow the cop. Since no other lynch targets are materializing, I am resigning myself to my fate. If anyone has any questions for me before I go, I'll answer them.

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

I'd like to defend myself more, but I don't think I have much more to say. I've given a timeline of everything I did with the Pendant when I had it. But it's hard to shake off a false accusation when everyone just wants to follow the cop. Since no other lynch targets are materializing, I am resigning myself to my fate. If anyone has any questions for me before I go, I'll answer them.

Is your role a secret role, or were you just saying it might exist.

No other lynch targets are materializing—Elenion (quoted)

'll be very impressed if you vote for yourself everytime—Kidpen (quoted)

Alrighty then, Eoni votes for himself once more!

Edited by Walin
Fixed the wording from Kidpen’s quote

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Here's the way I see it. There's like, 2 options for who the Odiv could be. First option: the original convert who we never found. We don't have any leads for this player. Second option: You were scanned as Derethi aligned. Steel, the Gyorn, claimed to have given you a Pendant. So you're involved with the Gyorn. The only player who can confirm you passed the Pendant is Wilson, who happens to be your Lover(according to Seonid, and Steel also said he was in contact with Lovers, so it makes sense). So we can't trust her about this. That's more than enough reason to "follow the cop" on this one.

Vote tally:

Elenion(3): Lopen, CC, Kidpen
Walin(1): Walin

Could we get some more votes? Walin...not what I was hoping for. xD

Purl says that he has it GM confirmed that there's no secret roles or factions other than the elantris actions. He also says that Elenion's claim ONLY holds up if there is a secret role, and we have absolutely no reason to believe there is one

30 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

The only player who can confirm you passed the Pendant is Wilson, who happens to be your Lover

So lynching Elenion will apparently kill Wilson as well. If so, as Wilson's probably the last Jindo warrior, the Jeskeri will be free to kill with impunity from now on, bringing us down to 13 players by tomorrow. From there, we have 3-5 mislynches in future cycles until the Jeskeri can control the lynch. Unfortunately, we've just lost our second priest, so we can't depend on scans anymore. Current player list, updated with Lopen's information.

Little Wilson: Seon, Seon, Jindo Warrior, Lover with Elenion
A Joe in the Bush/Coop772: Arelish
Straw:
Elenion: Odiv, Seon, Prince, Lover with Wilson
King Cole:
Devotary of Spontaneity: Seon, Dula 
Droughtbringer: Veteran Elantrian
Mraize:
The Honey Badger/Walin: Seon
Kidpen: Seon, Monarch
Cadmium Compounder: Veteran Elantrian
Kynedath/Jondesu: Veteran Elantrian
TheYoungPyromancer: Seon, poisoned
Stink:
Hemalurgic Headshot: Veteran Elantrian
TheMightyLopen: Seon, Prince

At this point, I'm almost entirely certain that none of Lopen, Elenion, and Wilson are Jeskeri. I'm also fairly sure that neither Pyromancer nor Coop are Jeskeri, as a Jeskeri!Pyro wouldn't want to be scanned unless he had a Korathi pendant, and Jeskeri!Joe/Coop would not have used up their Korathi pendant. Other than that, I don't know. We could try to compare the player list with the tendency of Cultists to have fewer roles/items than villagers, but that sort of thing failed to help catch the Derethi, so it might not be worth it.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So lynching Elenion will apparently kill Wilson as well. If so, as Wilson's probably the last Jindo warrior, the Jeskeri will be free to kill with impunity from now on, bringing us down to 13 players by tomorrow. From there, we have 3-5 mislynches in future cycles until the Jeskeri can control the lynch. Unfortunately, we've just lost our second priest, so we can't depend on scans anymore. Current player list, updated with Lopen's information.

Not true. The lovers fall in love with any kind who saves them Wilson is also now in love with himself, and an unexpected jindo from a couple nights ago. So he has become a lover with himself and one other person, who, as of yet, we still don't know who. Unless I missed something. I have been in elantris after all.

37 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Not true. The lovers fall in love with any kind who saves them Wilson is also now in love with himself, and an unexpected jindo from a couple nights ago. So he has become a lover with himself and one other person, who, as of yet, we still don't know who. Unless I missed something. I have been in elantris after all.

A lover only falls in love with a Jindo if that Jindo specifically stops them from committing suicide. Normally, when one lover dies the other kills themselves, but if a Jindo was protecting the lover that didn’t get killed, the second lover will survive and become lovers with the Jindo. That wouldn’t apply to this game, as neither Wilson nor Elenion have been killed.

6 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Is your role a secret role, or were you just saying it might exist.

I'm a standard Arelish Priest.

4 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Purl says that he has it GM confirmed that there's no secret roles or factions other than the elantris actions. He also says that Elenion's claim ONLY holds up if there is a secret role, and we have absolutely no reason to believe there is one

*Pyro :D

Because Seonid was village, he must have been acting in what he believed to be our best interest. So for Seonid to claim what he did, the scan must have been changed. For the scan to be changed, that would require a secret role. For there to be a secret role, either Pyro or the GMs must be lying. The GMs cannot lie. Therefore, Pyro must be lying. It sounds like a stupid accusation to make, but I can't see it any other way.

When I die and flip village, suddenly you'll have every reason to believe there is a secret role. It also makes sense for balance reasons: the village got 2 Priests and 2 Jindos (Wilson and DK protected her same cycle, and so there must have been a third Jindo the next cycle, and I doubt there are 2 evil Jindos). That's a lot of protection and scan power, plus the Korathi Pendants are unblockable scans and the Jeskeri Pendants are limited scans. A scan-changer could cause one of these links to misfire, and lessen trust in the village scanners in a game that could otherwise be dominated by follow-the-cops.

Edit: I'm a Prince, not a Priest, lol. I must've had Priests on the brain when I wrote that. :lol:

Edited by Elenion
added edit line