Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

@Elenion, @Steeldancer, @STINK, @Coop772, @Walin, @Straw, @King Cole, @TheYoungPyromancer do any of you have information or reasons why we should believe you're not the Gyorn? Not looking for a role claim just to be clear. Just anything that might help us narrow things down.

TBH the best way I have to get off that list is to roleclaim, and I think it will do more good than harm given my role. I'm a Prince as well. D1 I moved Dalinar Kholin onto Honey Badger to announce my presence. My proof that that one was me is that I consistently recommend village vote manips to announce their presence D1.

I looked at the man strangely. “Do I look like a religious figure to you? I doubt a Gyorn would descend to such depths as I do. But, for a matter of course, I might as well reveal my stuff that I’ve been keeping quiet!”

I whipped open my trench coat, presenting a box. I opened it, revealing a shiny Seon. “Say hi to everyone, Ashe. Despite her name, I try to keep her clean. I didn’t previously claim it because I’ve been in contact with a pair of as of yet unexposed lovers, and I didn’t want to compromise them to the Jeskeri.”

”Furthermore, t’was I who passed the pendant to Elenion. You see, I did not want to be Odiv. So I passed it off to someone who said they had no pendant. I was also hoping to see if Elenion might keep it, but he claimed it promptly instead, and presumably passed it off.”

”So you see, this backs up my claim as a Village Citizen.”

Walin, I assume you mean Seon?

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

@Elenion, @Steeldancer, @STINK, @Coop772, @Walin, @Straw, @King Cole, @TheYoungPyromancer do any of you have information or reasons why we should believe you're not the Gyorn? Not looking for a role claim just to be clear. Just anything that might help us narrow things down.

I have a Seon and have had a poison vial.  Therefore, I don't have a role.  The distribution might be wonky with elims though.

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer

Shu-Dereth is definitely the bigger threat right now. 8 out of 19 players are converts, that plus the Gyorn make 10 players who either have to die or be converted. We could lose by the end of Night 7 at this rate, if we only lynch non-Derethi while the Jeskeri only kill non-Derethi. Fortunately, our suspect list is fairly short, and lynching the Gyorn should give us at least one more chance to find and lynch the Odiv. Lynching Dalinar removes a Cultist, but they aren't nearly as close to winning.

Joe/Coop(had a Korathi Pendant, but I don't think he's the Gyorn)
Steeldancer(weird feeling about him)
Straw(fairly inactive, so unlikely)
Elenion
King Cole(same as Straw)
Mraize
Walin
Dalinar
StinkImperial Mint
Seonid

Here's Lopen's Gyorn list from yesterday, which it appears he made by taking the player list and removing the Elantrians and those with a claimed role. His current Gyorn list looks much the same, though it removes Mraize as a suspect for some reason. Pyromancer started with two items, and as he was the first one to theorize that roleless started with two items, it's likely that he's roleless and thus not the Gyorn. We can safely cross Dalinar off the list, as he's been scanned as Jeskeri and is being lynched anyway. I'm not sure why Seonid wasn't on Lopen's list, so I've added him in. @TheMightyLopen, why don't you consider Mraize or Seonid to be suspects? Seonid was supposedly scanned by Joe as Arelish, but that doesn't stop Seonid from having a Korathi pendant. It does make him less likely to be the Gyorn though.

I'm not entirely sure what happened with the Joe lynch on Day 4, but it seems that it was decided Joe used a Korathi pendant, which doesn't seem like something a Gyorn would do. @Straw and @King Cole have not been particularly active, although they have been on often enough to put in orders. Imperial Mint has been focusing on RP and hasn't voted since Day 1. Walin has claimed to have a Seon, I think, and possibly a role.

@Mraize has posted frequently, but most of his content has either been RP or a single line under somebody else's quote. It's also really hard to find his relevant posts because they're buried between all his other posts in the role-playing section. If Lopen had a good reason for not including him, I can take him off the Derethi list.

It's Day 5, and we finally had someone claim to have given Elenion a Derethi pendant. Elenion has also claimed to be a prince, which should be fairly easy to confirm by having him shift the vote of a particular person. He just has to let someone know who's vote he's going to shift, or vote while using both his Seon and his Prince ability to cancel his vote. Unless we later decide that it's possible for a Gyorn to have a secondary role, he should be able to prove he's not the Gyorn

Steeldancer started off the game by trying to turn the discussion away from the Derethi towards the Jeskeri. Since then, he's been terse, keeping his suspicions for multiple turns while trying to express his reasoning in dialogue form. He's been more active than most of the other Gyorn suspects, though not as much as Elenion. He claims to have been the one to give a Derethi pendant to Elenion.  He also says he possesses Seon Ashe. In LG12, all the Seons had unique names, so if nobody else has a Seon Ashe he's probably telling the truth about that. Having two starting items would support his claim of being roleless.

Since the main quality these 9 share beyond being Gyorn suspects is the lack of a claimed role, presumably one of them is the priest. There are also 3 princes unaccounted for, and possibly one Jindo warrior unless Dalinar actually did block a teammate's attack on Wilson. If Elenion proves that he's a Prince, we'll be down to 7 suspects and 2 princes. 

@TheYoungPyromancer, you said at the start of Day 4 that you had a suspicion contingent on GM clarification. Did anything ever come of that?

No.  Wilson claimed to me, and then was attacked.  The writeup seemed to indicate that she was protected by someone other than her, so I asked the GMs if the writeup indicated that Wilson didn't save herself.  They said it didn't indicate that.

Edited by TheYoungPyromancer
Clarity

I guess I'll put my vote on Dalinar. Our priest is either remarkably skilled or remarkably lucky. I'm getting LG14 vibes out of this game in some ways.

Anyways, to add my 2 cents on the Derethi situation - we ought to be focusing in that direction, I think. I wonder if a list of converts would be useful. I was converted last night. Anybody else want to volunteer their conversion status? At the very least, with a list of converts we know whether or not our lynch target will assist the Derethi with their win con.

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Here's Lopen's Gyorn list from yesterday, which it appears he made by taking the player list and removing the Elantrians and those with a claimed role. His current Gyorn list looks much the same, though it removes Mraize as a suspect for some reason. Pyromancer started with two items, and as he was the first one to theorize that roleless started with two items, it's likely that he's roleless and thus not the Gyorn. We can safely cross Dalinar off the list, as he's been scanned as Jeskeri and is being lynched anyway. I'm not sure why Seonid wasn't on Lopen's list, so I've added him in. @TheMightyLopen, why don't you consider Mraize or Seonid to be suspects? Seonid was supposedly scanned by Joe as Arelish, but that doesn't stop Seonid from having a Korathi pendant. It does make him less likely to be the Gyorn though.

@Mraize has posted frequently, but most of his content has either been RP or a single line under somebody else's quote. It's also really hard to find his relevant posts because they're buried between all his other posts in the role-playing section. If Lopen had a good reason for not including him, I can take him off the Derethi list.

It's Day 5, and we finally had someone claim to have given Elenion a Derethi pendant. Elenion has also claimed to be a prince, which should be fairly easy to confirm by having him shift the vote of a particular person. He just has to let someone know who's vote he's going to shift, or vote while using both his Seon and his Prince ability to cancel his vote. Unless we later decide that it's possible for a Gyorn to have a secondary role, he should be able to prove he's not the Gyorn

I PM'd Mraize earlier, and he's been very open with me. I'm confident he's not the Gyorn, but I suppose it isn't 100%.

Seonid was scanned by a Korathi Pendant, which isn't affected by other Korathi Pendants. Again, there might be some weird way he's the Gyorn, so it's not 100%, but it's close enough that I'm confident he's not the Gyorn.

Wow, lots of claims. Okay. Updated list:

Steeldancer - Items: Seon, Shu-Dereth Pendant. Role: Citizen
Elenion - Items: Seon. Role: Prince
Pyro - Items: Seon, Poison. Role: Citizen
Walin - Items: Seon? Role : Unknown
Joe/Coop - Items: Korathi Pendant. Role: Unknown
Straw - Unknown

King Cole - Unknown
StinkImperial Mint - Unknown

Probably should hold off on any more public roleclaims, so we have some anonymity left for the Priest/anyone else with good roles.

Forgoe the foolish errand you now seek

Seek the way and renounce all sin

Learn the wisdom of Elantris's peak

Crush the ancient evil within

Praise the Ja in all

The wind of truth blows through us all

Slippery in blood while wet with tears

We pace for time immemorial this dusty hall

Wrapped in the echoing silence of our fears

Praise the Ja in all

Hearts colder than iron's touch

Souls brighter than the eternal sun

We ask so little but seek so much

The sand runs out my time is done

All shall end and to all is none

Praise the Ja in all

So I pass. 

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

Ok, I have a Seon; does anyone especially want to PM next Night cycle?

----

Eoni sat in the fields trying to think of something to say. He didn't end up thinking of anything.

@TheMightyLopen Do you want me to move someone's vote today to further verify myself? I've already claimed, so I don't think it would do any hurt. I've used my Seon today, so my own vote will be canceled as well unless someone Princes me back onto the bandwagon.

@Steeldancer I should have known you'd have the sense of humor to pull something like that on me right after I told everyone I'd notify them if I was converted. :P But why didn't you claim earlier?

@Seonid I haven't been converted (other than the brief window with the Pendant), which kinda surprises me. Maybe they plan on me dying.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

Well considering I received a pendant the night you said you'd passed a pendant, I just kind of figured....

Now that I think about it, there must have been only one or two Pendants moving around, so that's reasonable. Darn, my tinfoil-ator was going into overdrive there. :lol:

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

@TheMightyLopen Do you want me to move someone's vote today to further verify myself? I've already claimed, so I don't think it would do any hurt. I've used my Seon today, so my own vote will be canceled as well unless someone Princes me back onto the bandwagon.

@Steeldancer I should have known you'd have the sense of humor to pull something like that on me right after I told everyone I'd notify them if I was converted. :P But why didn't you claim earlier?

@Seonid I haven't been converted (other than the brief window with the Pendant), which kinda surprises me. Maybe they plan on me dying.

Sure, that's what I'm doing. My vote will be cancelled as well, since I've also used my Seon.

4 hours ago, Elenion said:

“After my half baked plan didn’t work when you passed it instead of keeping it and maybe becoming odiv or something, I didn’t feel like it was important to mention? I was also curious if anyone else would try claim it. Plus, a good noir story always has a bit of mystery.”

”I was going to mention the lovers anyway this turn, because now 2 Dulas have been revealed. So the elims already know they exist. They’ve been very friendly and are very willing to help us out. The sooner the village wins the game, the less likely they are to die.”

Expositing over, he put his seon back in his box. Time to put his detective skills to work. With only a few people left before all crazy religious people were dead, the light was at the end of the alleyway.

28 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Since were supposed to mention it here when we change it, my profile picture now has a mustache.

Haha that's great

Lynch discussion is pretty much dead, so I'm going to try to restart discussion on the Derethi. Here's Lopen's suspicions list:

Steeldancer - Items: Seon, Shu-Dereth Pendant. Role: Citizen
Elenion - Items: Seon. Role: Prince
Pyro - Items: Seon, Poison. Role: Citizen
Walin - Items: Seon? Role : Unknown
Joe/Coop - Items: Korathi Pendant. Role: Unknown
Straw - Unknown
King Cole - Unknown
Stink/Imperial Mint - Unknown

I'm going to remove myself from the list, for obvious reasons. We've had no counterclaims for passing me the Pendant or poisoning Aman, and Seons are easily verifiable, so I'm also going to take Steel and Pyro off of the list. That leaves us with Walin, Joe, Straw, Cole, and Imperial Mint.

Of those eight seven (because me), the one that jumps out to me is Joe/Coop. There were two village Priests in the game to start. This could be balanced out for the Jeskeri by Jeskeri Pendants and maybe an extra Cultist, but it would be a lot harder to balance the Gyorn against that. The Derethi Pendant doesn't cause you to scan as Derethi alignment--you scan as a convert of your real alignment--so the Gyorn would be revealed by the Priest scan and they would not have any plausible explanation for how they could actually be village. They also don't have an extra life to keep them alive longer or a kill to take a Priest out. This makes me assume that the Gyorn had to have started with a Korathi Pendant (or less likely a Jeskeri Pendant) to give them a way to survive into the late-game against the Priests.

Thoughts?

Edit: I found the Gyorn!

Mraize Gyorn.JPG

Edited by Elenion
added edit line and pic of Mraize