Long Game 44: Shadows of Elantris Redux

Herowannabe

6 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Edit: Oh, and I think the timer is off again. Maybe you are just keeping it consistent now though, I'm not sure.

Storm it all, you are right. The cycle ends in 3 hours, not 27 hours. Rollover might be delayed a little bit tonight but it will still be happening tonight. 

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

@Elenion Do you have reads for Lopen and Seonid?

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'm also not on the reads list?! :(

Lopen I've got a slight-to-moderate village read on. He said that the Priest scanned him, and if he had lied about that I think the scanner could have gotten that to the thread by now. He could be a Jeskeri packing a Korathi Pendant, but his actions also seem village, plus his tone. He's a good player, though, and we don't have hard evidence, so he's not completely cleared to me, but if I had to guess I'd say he's village.

Seonid I'm a bit suspicious of because of that bandwagon poke incident. I wouldn't advocate for his lynch based on that alone, but I wouldn't mind it if the Priest scanned him just to be safe. I'd say right now Kidpen is more suspicious than Seonid to me.

And because discussion's on him right now, I'll throw in Steel:

Steeldancer I'm not sure about. Could be an elim under the rader, could be a villager dealing with the problems of trying to RP everything. I can't remember seeing anything alignment indicative from him.

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Wilson seems cleared at this point, and I was under the impression that Lopen has been scanned (did I not read in the thread somewhere? I might have to go back and check). Seonid I forgot about, he's been really quiet. @Seonid Any thoughts on who might be Gyorn? My original thought for you was that you worked to get drake, but that only indicates you're not an elim, you could still very well be Gyorn. Finally as per Steel, I'm not super familiar with who is experienced and who is not, I haven't played in that many games myself. His rp style plus large number of total posts made me think he was experienced.

Also, I don't think we can put that much weight on how early people voted on Drake. Drake was one of the first to vote for Aralis.

@Elenion Do you have reads for Lopen and Seonid? 

Yeah, I was scanned as village. Wilson posted this to the thread before I mentioned it. Not sure you should take that to mean I'm cleared though, since I could have a Korathi Pendant(I don't, but there's no way to prove that).

21 hours ago, Walin said:

Alright, so Drake was an elim, so we've managed to get two now. We have a small number left, between one and two. I think last cycle is good for some analysis, but based on the accusation and analysis given, no votes on Drake will be suspicious. I'll look through the wording, though.

Actually, I'm guessing we've still got 3 Cultists left. 5 out of 26 players is just under 20%, which seems about right, considering we've also got the Gyorn and whoever they convert.

I'm almost certain the Gyorn is in this group of players, so I will be keeping my eye on these players:

Joe/Coop(had a Korathi Pendant, but I don't think he's the Gyorn)
Steeldancer(weird feeling about him)
Straw(fairly inactive, so unlikely)
Elenion
King Cole(same as Straw)
Mraize
Walin
Dalinar
StinkImperial Mint

I think that's everyone. Maaaaaybe Pyro, but I don't think so. I don't really have any strong leads though, so I probably shouldn't write anyone off just because of gut.

I looked around at the glances at me. I shrugged. Of course people would be suspicious of a seedy detective who wears a trenchcoat and brings rotten eggs to keep people awake. Even if I did have their best interests at heart. 
As it is, currently I find Straw to be my top candidate to be Gyorn. The Gyorn has not been at the top of my detectiving priorities, but since 2 Jeskeri have been killed, it might be a good idea to work a little harder at finding the Gyorn.

Uh, whoops. I was going to be inactive today so that my plans could take place tomorrow, but still be active in the same cycle.

I knew what was up, though, so it was only a matter of time until the time(-r) was fixed.

Day 5 - Ashe

Aon_Ashe.png.cd1f4a3392661b2435f18f25d487344d.png

Kainae stood in her house again, nervously awaiting the coming of night. She knew she had been targeted for her artwork before, and the Jeskeri were said to leave no known witness to their crimes alive. But her resolve was unswerving. She would find the meaning of these strange symbols. Kainae frowned at her easel. She had been working on a small section of the rune painted in blood outside her house, yet even that much was immensely complex. The rune seemed to swirl, shift, and change color even as she drew it, the layers of black and rust orange and red mixing hopelessly together, forming gray where they touched.

36BDC1CD-A9AC-4E76-9C13-25B9FF2D242D.thumb.jpeg.0b8a04af766a0aeb795202e1f34b7847.jpg.9c09beea43161f562ba768e1db3aa819.jpg

Kainae looked at her work, and frowned. For all her effort, she had only created what appeared to be a swirling mess. As she contemplated her work, a voice spoke from behind her.

"You’re closer than you think.”

Kainae whipped her head around. The same men in robes that had come for her last night were there, prepared to finish their horrific task they had left incomplete last night. They paced towards her, not her artwork. They had learned their lesson. Kill the artist, and the artwork would be defenseless. The man in the front began to speak again.

"The rune you created is close to the actual symbol- the symbol for death, which Ateshao had drawn,” the man continued. Kainae felt an involuntary shudder work its way through her body. “The true symbol can only be drawn in the blood of the deceased, and you, of course, do not work with such materials.” The man smiled, his lips pale in the moonlight. “But we do.”

Kainae didn’t waste her breath screaming. She left her easel and sprinted, out of her broken door and into the street. Though she had a reasonable head start, she was out of condition, and the Cultists were gaining step by step. Summoning one last burst of desperate energy, Kainae increased her pace, rounding a sharp corner with dexterity she didn’t know she possessed.

And ran into the bulk of an armored man. A Jindo Warrior.

Spinning, the Warrior caught the dagger of the first Cultist, flicking it into the air behind him with a graceful twist of his sword. He rounded to engage the second Cultist, but they had already taken flight down the alleyway, running away into the distance. The disarmed Cultist took one terrified glance at the Warrior before following his companion. The Warrior turned to Kainae, his hand outstretched. She took it, hauling herself to her feet. “I think I need a more secure home,” she mused, too tired to think of much more.

"That would be wise, my lady,” the Warrior replied.

Credit goes to Fifth Scholar for the write-up and the drawing. Please go give him upvotes. And @Fifth Scholar, please post something so that everyone can upvote you. ;)

Little Wilson was attacked, but was saved!

Nobody was taken by the Shaod!

Convert Tally:

8 / 19

Updated Player List

Little Wilson: Kainae the Artist

Coop: Fenot the Alchemist

Eternum: Enerin the travelling storyteller Arelish Citizen with a Seon and Passphrase

Steeldancer: Bob the shoe-shiner

Straw: Straw the errand-boy

Araris Valerian: Elysian the orphaned worldhopper Jeskeri Cultist with Korathi Pendant

Elenion: Enelan, the Palace's head chef

King Cole: Bill the butcher

Devotary of Spontaneity: Sheodan, a soldier in Eondel's army

Mraize: Sahin Arehe, heir to the Are Plantation / ex-heir to- / it's complicated / Noble Merchant

Walin (formerly the Honey Badger): Eoni the grandiose peasant

Drake Marshall: Ateshao, an itinerant tinker. Jeskeri Cultist with no items

Bort: Daoate, a member of the Elantris City Guard  Arelish Citizen with Jeskeri Pendant and a Seon

Randuir: Saoir, the Royal Archivist Arelish Citizen with Korathi Pendant and Passphrase

Kidpen: Amati the farmer

Seonid: Sheon Idris, a rockstar trying to get the band back together

TheYoungPyromancer: Aladdin, a guy looking for a lamp

Dalinar Kholin: Soren Porfiry, procrastinator extraordinaire.

STINK: Imperial Mint, an honest to Domi Mint.

TheMightyLopen: Nigel, a doctor of some renown

Amanuensis: Dio Brando, a vampi- really hot guy. Arelish Priest who had been poisoned

Arinian: Eilen the traveler with the mute talking swordArelish Dula who had been poisoned

Elantrians

Cadmium Compounder: Rhomil, an indiscriminate merchant

Droughtbringer: In, head of the Patriarch Seinalan fan club

Jondesu (formerly Kynedath): Angrin Nalti Gu Uda Sandrius (ANGUS), the WikiLeaks of Kae

Hemalurgic Headshot: Reth Liari, a stereotypical dashing vagabond with enigmatic origins

tur_1524618000.png

Edited by Herowannabe

I have three purposes for posting this. 

One is because Hero told me to. :P 

One is because I’d like to urge people not to judge my artistic abilities too harshly from that drawing, which I did on a whim about half an hour before the cycle closed. 

And one is that all notification PMs should have been sent out, and please PM us if you haven’t received yours. Thanks!

Nice one! Let's try to keep this going and have a good Day of discussion. We finally got confirmation that there's an Odiv(we were only at 5 converts the previous Day I believe). The Gyorn is not a convert, so they've got 10 unconverted players left to go. 2 converts per Cycle means the max amount of time we've got is 5 Cycles, but probably more likely 3 or 4 to catch one of the Gyorn or Odiv because of the lynches/Jeskeri kills. To narrow down on who the Odiv could be, they'd have had to be converted before N3, because that's the latest they could've been sworn in or whatever. I'm pretty sure that clears me of being the Odiv, as I believe I was scanned by the Priest on N2, and the Priests scan happens after the Gyorns conversion. I'm still not converted, just fyi. I guess they don't expect me to survive that long. :P Wait...I just noticed that the convert tally only has 19 players and there are 20 living players, so I guess Hero already removed the Gyorn, which means they've still got 11 unconverted players to go.

Anyways, I already posted my list of who I think the Gyorn could be, but I've got non-Jeskeri reads on quite a few of them, so my suspicions list is a little smaller I think.

Here's my Jeskeri suspects at this point: Steeldancer, Straw, King Cole, Devotary(Dula), Mraize, Kidpen(don't think so, but eh), Imperial Mint, HH. 

Non-Jeskeri reads(I'm pretty confident in these): Wilson, Coop, Elenion, Walin, Seonid, Pyromancer, Dalinar.

No idea about the Elantrians. Has anyone heard from them recently? If not, I might PM them just to see what's going on.

One attack on Wilson? Slight possibility of WGG if you tinfoiled. Wasting 2 kills on Wilson? I really doubt it. Also, the first Jindo is recharged, so that should deter the elims from hitting Wilson for the next few cycles.

First: the Derethi. Last Day there were only 5 converts, so that's 3 new ones. We know of one Pendant used since then, but Pendants usually end in no net gain of a convert. I guess one could if the person using it was a permanent convert in addition to having the Pendant, so they didn't lose their own convert status. 3 new converts also means that the Odiv has finally shown themself. For the Odiv to convert N4 means that they were made at latest N3. I have a gut feeling that they've been around longer than that, but held back converting until now so that we couldn't pinpoint the night they were converted. They could have been made as early as N1: there were 3 Converts D2. One was Araris who got lynched. Two was me with the Pendant. We still haven't found three, and they still haven't claimed, which makes me suspicious. There's one thing that bugs me with this theory: if the Odiv wasn't going to do anything until N4, why would the Gyorn convert them early and run the risk of them getting killed by accident? So maybe the Odiv wasn't made until N3 until the pool of converts was larger. D4 it was declared as 5, which is two more, but still not a massive field. So I don't know. Either the Gyorn held back until N3 for an unknown reason, or the Odiv held back until N4 for an unknown reason.

Aaand Lopen just did this same analysis. @TheMightyLopen I think you miscounted: I count 19 living players.

Second, the Jeskeri. I agree with the person who said that there were likely 5 to start (Lopen maybe?). We've found 2, and we can narrow the field by process of elimination. I'm a bit sus of Kidpen and Seonid, but I wouldn't support a lynch on either of them without more info. Hopefully the Priest can get their scan info to the thread so that we can begin to tighten the noose. I want to clear the Jeskeri from the palace before we start looking through Elantris, because the Elantrians can't defend themselves and so without hard evidence it wouldn't be very sportsmanlike IMO.

My Jeskeri analysis is far from done, but I need sleep because finals week begins tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually get more than 6 hours if I can keep myself off of the Shard. :P

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Aaand Lopen just did this same analysis. @TheMightyLopen I think you miscounted: I count 19 living players.

Yep, you're right. I forgot I included HH in my suspects list, so I thought I just hadn't mentioned the 4 Elantrians and myself(I had 8 Jeskeri suspicions and 7 non-Jeskeri reads, so with 4 Elantrians and myself, I counted 20).

Lopen, I blame this on you. Also, I'm sorry, priest, for what I'm about to do.

Last night, Lopen told me that Dalinar wished to speak with me, so I shot him a PM. He confessed to being a Jindo Warrior and said that he had protected me the night before and was now exhausted. I'm sure you're wondering "Wilson, why are you giving up a Jindo Warrior?!" Well, see. That's simple: he was just scanned as Jeskeri, and I'm 100% certain that it wasn't a pendant messing with that alignment. (And Lopen, I'm sure you'll see that 100% and think I'm exaggerating or lying, but actually in this case, I'm doing neither, because I'm literally 100% certain). How am I so certain, you ask?

Here's how I'm pretty sure that PM was supposed to go:

Dalinar: I'm a Jindo Warrior and I protected you last night and am now exhausted. I also have no items, and could you keep my identity a complete secret? You can tell the priest that you're in contact with a Jindo, but please don't tell anyone who I am.
Wilson: Huh. That's....worrisome. And yeah, I'll totally keep your identity a secret. No problem. But you're really a Jindo and you protected me last night?
Dalinar: Yep. And thanks.
Wilson: Well, crap. If you're exhausted, my other Jindo contact must've been lying to me.
Dalinar: Oh...I didn't think about that. Could they be Jeskeri then?
Wilson: I...guess so?
Dalinar: Who is it? Maybe I can let you know what I think about them? I hope they were telling the truth, because then we could coordinate protects and everything, but it sounds like they were lying about protecting you so....
Wilson: [name of Jindo]

*Jindo dies*

Here's how it really went:
Dalinar: I'm a Jindo Warrior and I protected you last night and am now exhausted. I also have no items, and could you keep my identity a complete secret? You can tell the priest that you're in contact with a Jindo, but please don't tell anyone who I am.
Wilson: Huh. That's interesting. Because I am a Jindo Warrior and I protected myself and am now exhausted. But sure, I won't tell anyone your identity.
Dalinar: Well that's awkward. You're the most likely to be attacked tonight. I claimed to Lopen too. If I die tonight, he must be evil.
Wilson: Well, see, if Lopen is evil, he'd still have more reason to go after me, because I'm not only a Jindo. I'm a lover too. Can you protect me tomorrow night if I survive?
Dalinar: Yep.

I believe that Dalinar wanted me to keep his identity secret so the priest wouldn't scan him to check his alignment. Unfortunately for him, the priest had already decided to scan him. I did keep his identity secret. Well, except from my lover. But no secrets between lovers, ya know? :P And it really looks like he was phishing for the name of my Jindo contact, and additionally trying to get me to second-guess them. He in particular was in a fine place to do that, since he's been so widely village-read. There was a good chance I would trust him (and he wasn't wrong about that, clearly), giving him the information he wanted. I also think he was being absolutely genuine when he said that my being my own Jindo Warrior contact was really awkward, because it meant that I wouldn't doubt the veracity of my contact. So, sure, I gave him the name of the Jindo Warrior, but I never doubted them for a second.

And here's the other thing: by his own admittance, he has no items. Therefore, the Jeskeri scan is true. Dalinar is totes evil. And because of that, the Jeskeri know that I am a Jindo Warrior and a lover, hence why I'm outing myself to the thread. There's no reason to keep it from the village when the Jeskeri know for sure. Sorry, lover, for not running this by you first, but you gave me permission to do it last cycle and I didn't do it then, so I assume it's still fine.

Finally, while I'm 100% sure Dalinar is Jeskeri, I'm less certain we should lynch him today. The priest thinks we should focus on the gyorn, and I see his point, even if I really want to kill Dalinar (no offense. But I had a gut read about you back when you made that post about Araris. It felt very off to me, but I didn't think much of it, and then everyone started reading you as village, so I assumed I must've been wrong, and now I'm a little irked with myself for ignoring that read). Even if we do chose to lynch Dalinar today, I would suggest that we focus the bulk of our discussion around the Gyorn/Odiv, because if we don't start looking for the Derethi, they're going to win.

Dalinar. Because if we have an almost guaranteed Jeskiri, there is not much point in holding off for a possibility of a Gyorn or Odiv. I don't plan to vote for one of those suspects unless I hear a very good case.

Oops. Thats partly why I messaged him, so he wouldnt become a blind spot. That, and I was hoping he'd have a useful power. Sorry for inadvertantly revealing all your info though...

He also told me he has no items, so yep, that settles it. But, I'm a little confused. There's another Jindo out there who just protected you?

4 hours ago, little wilson said:

Lopen, I blame this on you. Also, I'm sorry, priest, for what I'm about to do.

Last night, Lopen told me that Dalinar wished to speak with me, so I shot him a PM. He confessed to being a Jindo Warrior and said that he had protected me the night before and was now exhausted. I'm sure you're wondering "Wilson, why are you giving up a Jindo Warrior?!" Well, see. That's simple: he was just scanned as Jeskeri, and I'm 100% certain that it wasn't a pendant messing with that alignment. (And Lopen, I'm sure you'll see that 100% and think I'm exaggerating or lying, but actually in this case, I'm doing neither, because I'm literally 100% certain). How am I so certain, you ask?

Here's how I'm pretty sure that PM was supposed to go:

Wilson: Huh. That's....worrisome. And yeah, I'll totally keep your identity a secret. No problem. But you're really a Jindo and you protected me last night?
Dalinar: Yep. And thanks.
Wilson: Well, crap. If you're exhausted, my other Jindo contact must've been lying to me.
Dalinar: Oh...I didn't think about that. Could they be Jeskeri then?
Wilson: I...guess so?
Dalinar: Who is it? Maybe I can let you know what I think about them? I hope they were telling the truth, because then we could coordinate protects and everything, but it sounds like they were lying about protecting you so....
Wilson: [name of Jindo]

*Jindo dies*

Here's how it really went:
Wilson: Huh. That's interesting. Because I am a Jindo Warrior and I protected myself and am now exhausted. But sure, I won't tell anyone your identity.
Dalinar: Well that's awkward. You're the most likely to be attacked tonight. I claimed to Lopen too. If I die tonight, he must be evil.
Wilson: Well, see, if Lopen is evil, he'd still have more reason to go after me, because I'm not only a Jindo. I'm a lover too. Can you protect me tomorrow night if I survive?
Dalinar: Yep.

I believe that Dalinar wanted me to keep his identity secret so the priest wouldn't scan him to check his alignment. Unfortunately for him, the priest had already decided to scan him. I did keep his identity secret. Well, except from my lover. But no secrets between lovers, ya know? :P And it really looks like he was phishing for the name of my Jindo contact, and additionally trying to get me to second-guess them. He in particular was in a fine place to do that, since he's been so widely village-read. There was a good chance I would trust him (and he wasn't wrong about that, clearly), giving him the information he wanted. I also think he was being absolutely genuine when he said that my being my own Jindo Warrior contact was really awkward, because it meant that I wouldn't doubt the veracity of my contact. So, sure, I gave him the name of the Jindo Warrior, but I never doubted them for a second.

And here's the other thing: by his own admittance, he has no items. Therefore, the Jeskeri scan is true. Dalinar is totes evil. And because of that, the Jeskeri know that I am a Jindo Warrior and a lover, hence why I'm outing myself to the thread. There's no reason to keep it from the village when the Jeskeri know for sure. Sorry, lover, for not running this by you first, but you gave me permission to do it last cycle and I didn't do it then, so I assume it's still fine.

Finally, while I'm 100% sure Dalinar is Jeskeri, I'm less certain we should lynch him today. The priest thinks we should focus on the gyorn, and I see his point, even if I really want to kill Dalinar (no offense. But I had a gut read about you back when you made that post about Araris. It felt very off to me, but I didn't think much of it, and then everyone started reading you as village, so I assumed I must've been wrong, and now I'm a little irked with myself for ignoring that read). Even if we do chose to lynch Dalinar today, I would suggest that we focus the bulk of our discussion around the Gyorn/Odiv, because if we don't start looking for the Derethi, they're going to win.

When you said in the discord that you play best in PMs, I wasn’t sure what that looked like. Now I do, and I am SO glad you are working with us and not against us. Dalinar. (I couldn’t come up with a way to say that in RP so I’ll post some more thoughts in a little while)

I'm going to vote on Dalinar as well. Although the Derethi are a bigger threat at the moment, we have an alignment scanner and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. (A Bird in the Hand is worth A Joe in the Bush?) But I agree with Wilson that we need to focus on the Derethi today, and if we get a good enough lynch target from that discussion then I'll switch my vote onto them from Dalinar. I just don't want to give up a Dalinar lynch for a probable mislynch.

Coop, just in case I was voting myself. (Joe said he thought he was, so just being safe)
*As Joe*
I feel like Dalinar is the lynch, and while there is merit to trying to stop the Derethi, it's better to kill what you know

*As Coop Again*
I will work on some RP as soon as I get a chance to read all of the game thus far.

9 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

When you said in the discord that you play best in PMs, I wasn’t sure what that looked like. Now I do, and I am SO glad you are working with us and not against us. Dalinar. (I couldn’t come up with a way to say that in RP so I’ll post some more thoughts in a little while)

Shouldn't I get the credit since Wilson blamed me for it? ;) 

Dalinar. Would have done so earlier but I was on mobile.

And now the hunt for the Gyorn and their Odiv! :D My last few PM's I've been trying to get claims mostly for this reason, and I've had some success. There's still a wide pool of suspects though, so this won't be easy. Here's the group I suspect the Gyorn is in:

Joe/Coop - Items: Korathi Pendant. Role: Unknown
Steeldancer - Unknown
Elenion - Items: Seon. Role: Unknown
Walin - Unknown
StinkImperial Mint - Unknown
Straw - Unknown. Fairly inactive, so unlikely to be the Gyorn

King Cole - Same as Straw
Pyro - Items: Seon, Poison. Role: Unknown. Kind of expect the Gyorn to have a Korathi Pendant, plus I don't really feel like Pyro would be the Gyorn

At the moment, I think Elenion, Steel, Coop, Stink, or Walin are the most likely to be the Gyorn. Out of those 5, I wouldn't think Coop or Walin would be the Gyorn, since it would be a little odd for Joe or Honey Badger to leave the game if they were such a crucial role, but I don't think that's reason enough to count them out entirely. I'm pretty sure Elenion isn't the Odiv at least, because he passed the Shu-Dereth Pendant one Cycle after receiving it I believe.

@Elenion, @Steeldancer, @STINK, @Coop772, @Walin, @Straw, @King Cole, @TheYoungPyromancer do any of you have information or reasons why we should believe you're not the Gyorn? Not looking for a role claim just to be clear. Just anything that might help us narrow things down.

If anyone has reason to believe any of these players aren't the Gyorn, please say so.

4 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Do we know that you aren't the Gyorn? This isn't an accusation, I just don't remember if you were mostly cleared for one reason or another.

No, not for sure. I claimed Prince on Day 2 and used my power then, so the only way I could be the Gyorn is if I swore an Odiv N1 and they were a Prince I think. I've been meaning to use my power but have kept forgetting since then. I'll send in an order now I guess, although I'm not sure it does much good.