[OB] Zeheb the Immortal?

Lightspine

Behind him, an ardent approached with a scroll case. Storms, was that Zeheb? Still alive, it seemed, though she’d always seemed older than the stones themselves. 

Sanderson doesn't just waste words like this. It is my belief that Zeheb is ageless. So, if she's a Roshar native, that would make her an Aimian. But she could very well be a worldhopper, in which case you may be a kandra, Elantrian, Returned (or Vivienna!!), worldhopper using some other method of remaining immortal (Khriss?). Let's do a quick analysis on these options.

Aimian: Dysian aimians are watching the "Four": Kaladin, Shallan, Szeth, and Dalinar. It doesn't seem unreasonable if one of them is hanging around him now, but would they be doing so while Kaladin grew up? Also, they can spy very effectively remotely, there is no need for their "body" to be anywhere near Kaladin, unless they're trying to protect him. I find this option possible, but not entirely plausible without better information.

Kandra: WalDo?? Why would the kandra be here, though? Doesn't seem to serve many ends, unless it's being employed by Harmony/Trell to keep a watch on Roshar and Kaladin specifically.

Elantrian: We have not seen any of their presence on Roshar. Does not seem plausible.

Returned: Yesteel? Vivienna (Ik she's not returned but I'm lumping her here b/c she's from Nalthis). Could Yesteel disguise himself as an old woman? Otherwise, he might be on Roshar for the easy investure. Vasher, after all, was also an ardent. However, I have no clue how he could pull off this disguise. Vivienna could certainly appear this way, but it seems a bit too unimportant of a role for her to take; some random ardent in a small town, unless she somehow knew about Kaladin. I dislike the idea of some random Returned being here to hijack on the stormlight who we've never met.

Khriss: she's certainly been on Roshar and is investigating it's magics. Being an ardent would also be a good position from which to discover some of these things. However, Nazh is hanging around the Shattered plains, and I don't think Khriss would hang around for decades in a tiny village to do this.

When I was in 5th grade my teacher seemed ancient.  I'm pretty sure she was the oldest person I ever met.  30 years later I ran into her at a grocery store.

It may be that she was/is a world hopper, but sometimes old is just old.

A Herald, a Worldhopper, an Aimian, ... Really? She's just like that teacher you had in high school who looked 60 years old when you were there, when 60 was like being at death's door to you, and looked exactly the same when you went back for the tenth year reunion.

2 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

There is some theory Vedel or Battar could be one of the nurses T has around him.

Hadn't seen those specifically, but I like the one about the Ardent Diagramist being one. Baseless, but fun. 

Edited by Calderis

On 9/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Do we yet know where Chanarach, Vedel, and Battar have appeared?

13 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Chana has appeared. According to my analysis, she's actually likely to be Liss. 

The other two, I have absolutely no idea. We know next to nothing about those two at all. 

Ask, and you shall receive.

Jezrien - WoK Prelude, Mentioned by Nalan in Lift interlude, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Nalan - WoK and WoR Prologue, WoR Epilogue, Ym and Lift Interludes
Chana - Mentioned in Hoid's story to Kaladin in chapter titled: "the man who chased the winds", Dalinar's thoughts in WoR chap 75
Vedel - "Vedeledev's golden keys" phrase in WoK chap 7, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Paliah - Wandering the Palanaeum in WoK,
Shalash - Baxil's Mistress in Baxil's interlude
Battar - "Sweet wisdom of Battar" prhase WoK Chap 19, Mentioned by Navani in WoR chap 14
Kelek - WoK Prelude, Possibly with Nalan in both Prologues, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Taln - Mentioned in WoK Prelude, "seen" in WoK Epilogue and Taln's Interlude in WoR
Ishar - Mentioned by Jezrien in WoK Prelude, possibly with Nalan in both Prologues, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR

Battar: We are all fools.

Chrono: Battar is mentioned in one of Dalinar's visions. IIRC, it was the one where the two KR come to the small village to fight the Midnight Essence. I don't have my copy of TWOK with me, but I do remember that Taffa (the woman that the voice speaks through at the end of the vision) says something along the lines of "Sweet wisdom of Battar!" as they're running from the Midnight Essence. Not much to go on, but she is mentioned. As for the others, I have no idea. 

Argent: You are actually spot on. That's exactly what she says.

Paliah: I found it.

The Sovereign: There is a scene in WoK where Shallan comments on seeing someone wandering the stacks of the Palanaeum, Brandon has confirmed this is indeed Paliah. WoB referencing this from 2013; Brandon confirmed this theory was actually correct in person for me last year at a signing when I brought it up to him:
The Sovereign: The inside cover of my Bands of Mourning Copy <3. A friend is borrowing my Era 2 books at the moment but I'll take a picture of it when I get it back.

Chana: Not a theory so much as a potential hint, there is no other mention of her on the forums that doesn't also refer to WoR.

Frostlander: Chana is invoked when there is mothering involved. Both quotes in WoR:
Dalinar on Navani:

The mother axehound had finally emerged. Shallan was apparently no longer an outsider, but one of Navani’s clutch— and Chana help the man or woman who stood between Navani and one of her own.

Navani on Jasnah:

Chana knows, I wondered sometimes how I raised that child without strangling her. By age six, she was pointing out my logical fallacies as I tried to get her to go to bed on time.

We have a WoP that Chana is somewhere, but we still have no idea when.

Chanaranach has definitely been seen onscreen by at least one character at least one time in the first two books.

13 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Chana: Not a theory so much as a potential hint, there is no other mention of her on the forums that doesn't also refer to WoR

@Steeldancerfound her reference in tWoK. In Interlude 3 (Szeth's first appearance after the prologue) one of the miners uses "Dustmother" as a curse.

As the female Herald of the Releasers/Dustbringers, she's the obvious choice, and that fills out the missing Chana reference since all heralds were supposed to be at least mentioned in tWoK. 

Edited by Calderis

54 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Steeldancer found her reference in tWoK. In Interlude 3 (Szeth's first appearance after the prologue) one of the miners uses "Dustmother" as a curse.

I just directly copied my posts from the other thread. Hadn't even thought to update them with that tidbit.

55 minutes ago, Calderis said:

That fills out the missing Chana reference since all heralds were supposed to be at least mentioned in tWoK. 

Doesn't solve the "seen at least once in the books" yet, but it opens that speculation up to characters that aren't in book 1(which I am somewhat happy about)

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Zeheb the Immortal?
  • Chaos locked this topic