Long Game 37: Forest Thread

8 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Straw. Your posts haven't really been helpful so far.

I dunno, but Straw lynches always seem like bad lynch choices to me. Especially this early in the game.

8 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Well, yeah, but the non word for word bit is already in the rules; survival.

It is? I might have missed it then. I was going to tell y'all to disregard that plan anyway btw. Seems too much like mayoring.

8 hours ago, Doc12 said:

I call upon the real Ysengrin to settle this matter. If Noah is lying, and he is not the real Ysengrin, may Ysengrin strike him down tonight, for he is a liar. This should easily prove whether he is telling the truth. if you are Ysengrin, we still have no way of proving your alignment, but know we will be watching you very, very carefully, my friend. 

I like this, but it can go very wrong if we have two ysengrins lurking about.

And I don't like the PK lynch.

Actually, I said that the Medium's win con is to make peace.  I did not.

To clarifiy: Clarifications in Green are Coyote. While they are technically true, Coyote is not interested in fairness. He might mislead you. He will never out right lie to you, but you should read everything he says with a shaker of salt. If the clarification is in black, it means i want to be understood. The medium's win con is unknown, but would generally be considered to be neutral.

I was terrified at how many emails I had but then I realised I'd read most of the posts last night :P

I'm on mobile right now so I'm not going to vote.

Does anybody want to get drunk? Come see me.

Edit: Actions are PM'ed to the GM, aren't they?

Edit 2: Spelling

Edited by Majestic

5 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I dunno, but Straw lynches always seem like bad lynch choices to me. Especially this early in the game.

It is? I might have missed it then. I was going to tell y'all to disregard that plan anyway btw. Seems too much like mayoring.

I like this, but it can go very wrong if we have two ysengrins lurking about.

And I don't like the PK lynch.

Okay, your saying no to PK AND Straw lynch, and that's fine, but do you have an alternative? We mind as well lynch someone day one. I'm pretty meh on the straw lynch, but I'd be willing to lynch PK. I already mentioned my suspicions earlier. Also, right now, Doc is the most active and has provided the most analysis of anyone in this game. So Doc.

@polkinghornbd @cloudjumper @Arinian @Darkness Ascendant y'all around?

16 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Okay, your saying no to PK AND Straw lynch, and that's fine, but do you have an alternative? We mind as well lynch someone day one. I'm pretty meh on the straw lynch, but I'd be willing to lynch PK. I already mentioned my suspicions earlier. Also, right now, Doc is the most active and has provided the most analysis of anyone in this game. So Doc.

well...let's see

I'm assuming we have 3-4 elims

Till now, I've gotten village vibes from PK, Megasif, Flash. 

I consider whatever HH, Straw, Majestic, and chaos have posted NAI.

That leaves Jondesu, Doc, Araris, and you. (not counting the 4 players who have yet to post, the ones I've mentioned above)

Now I shall think on this.

oh yeah forgot about eternum. I have a tentative village read on him due to his role claim

Edited by _Stick_

2 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Most active? He hasn't been inactive, but I think either Eternum or I deserve most active. 

Anyway, im back! I do have work today, but I should have enough time to vote when I'm all done. I'll be pretty active this week. I'll inform the thread when I'm going to go camping up in Canada, which will make any activity impossible for me.

At the moment, I'm still not entirely sure why we want Doc for Medium. But I don't have an issue with it, as long as I am your back up candidate if he is not satisfactory. 

It also appears that we will be getting Stink in the thread as the court medium. That'll be fun. 

I don't have any suspicions at the moment, as I haven't had enough time to do more than glance at the thread. I am interested in hearing from anyone who hasn't spoken up yet. Speaking up makes it easier to get a read on everyone. And we don't really have enough players to put up with inactivity, IMO. 

I mostly voted for Doc because I respect him as a player and as someone who works well with other players, which seems a valuable skill for the Medium. I don’t doubt that others could do it fine as well, but since Doc already had some support and I like the way he plays, it was an easy choice.

For the lynch today, since we obviously don’t have much information yet (though this discussion should all be quite helpful I think), I’m going to prod @cloudjumper to post. Are you one of the nasty humans, Rendren, trying to destabilize the Lord Coyote’s rule? What do you say to the election of the Medium, and should we lynch those who take the Test and come to the woods?

Edited by Jondesu
Switched to cloudjumper’s character name in the vote.

Does anybody know if the guardian will be publicly announced in the writeups? It's probably mentioned int he rules somewhere but I'm lazy.

Also how do you unvote for medium?

So I just reread the thread and nothing really stands out that would make me suspicious. However:

18 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

I actually don't even know what role I have myself. I didn't read the comic, and just asked for a hint from Joe as to my role. So... That'll work out.

What do you mean by 'you don't even know what role you have yourself'? Could you elaborate on this?

17 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Uhhhhh, I have no idea if that would work. That's when you know you need to go back and read the rules...I'll comment later.

Is it later yet?:P I know I said we should probably just ignore this plan but what comments do you have regarding this?

@Eternum was your role-claim intentional? Sorry, I can't tell. If yes, why did you role-claim?

Oh and I'm still gonna vote, and I have some people in mind, but I want to give them something to defend themselves against. Something that's more than just my gut. >>

So yeah. Still looking.

Stick, PM me this night cycle if you want an explanation. I'll be PMing Doc to explain to them, so I don't think I can PM you too. (I don't exactly know how PMs work lol)

You can decide whether to trust me or not then.

Oh, huh, OK.

>asleep

It's like, 8:40 PM. I don't go to sleep this early :P

Yes, I have not voted yet. No, I don't know who to vote for. Dunno, I'll probably hop on any sensible bandwagon that forms.

So I've been thinking, which is good, because not-thinking is not as good, about Eternum. So he maybe-so-is Ysengrin, and if so, that's a pretty big role. However, a day one roleclaim? However unintentional it sounded? The sketch-o-meter is beeping. 

Is it possible for Ysengrin to be an elim? I don't remember anything that says otherwise.

And if there is the possibility of Ysengrin!Elim, then could we consider Eternum being evil?

EDIT: I would like to revise that statement, since I hadn't read the other thread. Drake supposes that Ysengrin will be Gillitie (which is village to us), and that sounds logical. So consider both sides of this, I do not claim responsibility for you actions.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

Actually, I asked Joe when I got my role PM, because I wanted to know if I could trust whomever has the Renard role.

He said that theoretically, Renard and Ysengrin could have turned out as elims.

I mentioned this in like, my 3rd or 4th post.

It doesn't make much sense, though.

I just looked more at the Zeta role. That is scary. But my natural curiosity comes out at times like this and wonders: What are the other alignments? 

Are these evil void-beings akin to the faceless ones in the other realm (refer to comic)? I know it is a PAFO, but then we need these things to happen. Can Gillitie players be affected, or do the players have to be in the same thread as the Zeta?

3 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Actually, I asked Joe when I got my role PM, because I wanted to know if I could trust whomever has the Renard role.

He said that theoretically, Renard and Ysengrin could have turned out as elims.

I mentioned this in like, my 3rd or 4th post.

It doesn't make much sense, though.

huh. Reynard as an elim actually would make some sense. Someone in the court thread explained it

ArarisYour vote on PK, which just felt off, your response to the medium plan I put forward (which i understand was probably just a misunderstanding but ehh) and above all, my gut. I really wish I had better reasoning, but one vote isnt really going to effect you, I guess. Besides, I might remove it if i find a better candidate for the lynch. 

18 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I honestly don't mind killing somebody that is likely a villager this cycle. That's half the fun in these games, isn't it? Killing innocent folks with no (or at least few) repercussions

I can see both and elim and a villager saying this. But I just feel like quoting it :ph34r:

do y'all want to like vote

apologies for double posting i didnt realise

Edited by _Stick_