6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Why not bother trying? Convince us. 

Arguments for Len's innocence:

1. Most of the votes on me are either from players who are always suspicious of me (Mage and Jon will both attest that they always find themselves reading negatively on me), or players who were confused by the error that I made with thinking that surviving the lynch would clear me.

2. I missed voting the first few cycles; elim!Len almost always votes every cycle to either lynch a villager or gain credibility by defending a villager.

3. I knew in advance that my opinion on Orlok would be unpopular, but I pursued it anyway because I think it's accurate. Look at LG34, where I suspected Meta, was nearly lynched for it, but was right and ended up turning the game around along with Flash and Manukos. Or LG35, where I suspected Stick--the most widely-trusted player at the time--was lynched for it, and was proved right in the end. I make a habit out of finding elims among trusted villagers, but the byproduct of that is that I take a lot of flak for my opinions. If I was an elim, I wouldn't post an unpopular opinion, because they always get votes on me. But as a villager, I posted an unpopular opinion because I would honestly bet my in-game life right now that I'm right. Lynch Orlok and check; if he's village, lynch me. That is, of course, assuming that I'm not the Truthless planting a fuse that would get everyone offed, but you'll just have to take that risk.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Arguments for Len's innocence:

1. Most of the votes on me are either from players who are always suspicious of me (Mage and Jon will both attest that they always find themselves reading negatively on me), or players who were confused by the error that I made with thinking that surviving the lynch would clear me.

2. I missed voting the first few cycles; elim!Len almost always votes every cycle to either lynch a villager or gain credibility by defending a villager.

3. I knew in advance that my opinion on Orlok would be unpopular, but I pursued it anyway because I think it's accurate. Look at LG34, where I suspected Meta, was nearly lynched for it, but was right and ended up turning the game around along with Flash and Manukos. Or LG35, where I suspected Stick--the most widely-trusted player at the time--was lynched for it, and was proved right in the end. I make a habit out of finding elims among trusted villagers, but the byproduct of that is that I take a lot of flak for my opinions. If I was an elim, I wouldn't post an unpopular opinion, because they always get votes on me. But as a villager, I posted an unpopular opinion because I would honestly bet my in-game life right now that I'm right. Lynch Orlok and check; if he's village, lynch me. That is, of course, assuming that I'm not the Truthless planting a fuse that would get everyone offed, but you'll just have to take that risk.

I'm not suspicious of you as much as incredibly curious and pretty sure that the result will reveal something important. Maybe? I just think it matters. Lying about being able to protect yourself or not? 

Len.

Yeah, after thinking more about it(and sleeping >>), I'm not nearly so suspicious of Orlok. I still feel he could be an eliminator, but the responses from him and others this Cycle also make me less suspicious.

I'm still suspicious of Len as well, so I may as well change my vote over. Sorry for my absence. I don't really have much of an excuse this Cycle, except that I hadn't slept a lot the past few days, so it all caught up with me last night(meaning I slept a really long time... :P).

19 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Darn it I slipped! Orlok Len

Hoping for some clutch inactivity right now. :ph34r:

You weren't lying?
Huh, I'm impressed. But who else has enough votes to save the inactives?

Orlok, I see your on the thread. Vote with me against Yitzi and save the others. 

Just now, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Apologies, Winter - I don't quite follow. What possible benefit is there to voting on Yitzi? Who will it save?

Everyone who's voting for Len. They just admitted they're truthless. Yitzi I think has a few votes. If we tie, there's a fifty chance that some people might not be killed by their attack. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

Everyone who's voting for Len. They just admitted they're truthless. Yitzi I think has a few votes. If we tie, there's a fifty chance that some people might not be killed by their attack. 

I think Elenion is highly unlikely to be Truthless, Winter. This strikes me far more as some desperate ploy to stay alive, in the same fashion as his earlier ploy to claim Elsecaller.

3 hours ago, Eternum said:

It was a joke, Winter. I hid it because it would confuse GM, probably. We wouldn't want that.

(Elbereth is our GM)

It's not exactly new. :P No comment on the consequences, though. :P 

@Elbereth am I correct that the lightweavers are to counteract the huge amount of killing in this game, with a (mis)lynch every cycle?

PAFO! 

Cycle is over. New cycle will be posted in a while. (Within the hour, definitely.)

QF25: Hour 6 - Running
11 a.m.

Albert stands before the crowd. “I have seen the light!” he proclaims. “This is what we must do.” 

He proceeds to pull out a chalkboard. “Tzlim, here,” he marks down an X and circles it, “we tried to lynch. Specifically, myself and Revali. Now, the fact that he escaped means that he’s probably not the killer here, so who is?” He muttered to himself, and drew a few lines away from Tzlim’s name. 

The others watch. 

“Of course, Tzlim would never have been attacked at all if it weren’t for Revali’s help. But honestly, I could see Revali or Locke being the killer, and can’t figure out which. But anyway, in addition to that, I think there are a few others, and they could be any of these people-” he circles other markings “-but if anyone else has suggestions I’d be totally open to that.”

He continues to mutter and draw. Everyone else blinks at each other. “Albert?” says John tentatively. (Normally, but tentatively.) “How does any of that make sense?”

“What? Oh, it just does, trust me, okay?”

“...um. No.” That isn't John - who is far too ordinary to say such things - but someone else in the crowd. No one knows who, but they break at that sentence, and surge after the insanity that Albert is obviously capable of. 

Aleta watches Albert dying in horror, his cries echoing in the bright morning sun. She’d never… that wasn’t… she tenses, almost ready to flee at the sight. 

“Not a pretty sight, is it, death?” a voice says in her ear. 

She jumps in shock.

When she lands, she is already dead. 

Melinon can't take it anymore. He runs. Out, away, anywhere but there.

Lorna watches, smiling. It won't do for this little experiment to end without anyone learning the lesson they need to. 

The sharpness of an arrow; the splatter of blood. 

Elenion was lynched! He was a New Recruit studying Truthlessness!
Sami was killed! She was a New Recruit!
Bard has died of inactivity! He was a New Recruit!

Cycle 6 has begun! It will end in 24 hours. 

blu_1502244000.png

Vote Count
>Elenion (7): Stink, Arinian, Jondesu, Lopen, Mage, Eternum, Ecth 
>Eternum (2): Sami, Yitzi 
>Yitzi (1): Winter
>Sart (1): Elenion

Player List
1. Elithanathile - Sebas
2. Drake - Aaliyah New Recruit
3. Mage - Damond
4. Eternum - Albion Kerenas
5. Jebus - Teralarin
6. Flash - Johnny Quick New Recruit
7. Elenion - Albert Vospar New Recruit
8. Orlok - Highprince Locke Tekiel 
9. Megasif - Zirconidas New Recruit
10. Winter Devotion - John
11. Roadwalker - Silver
12. Jondesu - Tzlim
13. Paranoid King - Spiff Dustbringer
14. Stick - Dan New Recruit
15. Sami - Aleta Nebrask New Recruit
16. Stink - Lazar
17. Arraenae - Malnar Dustbringer
18. Lopen - Revali
19. Darkness - Belegaer
20. Bard - Melinon New Recruit
21. Ecthelion - Ceol and Vis
22. Yitzi - Brightlord Erethin
23. Sart - Ardent Sartal
24. Arinian - Alrin

Edited by Elbereth

We might be at the point of no return. Let's suppose there are 4 Eliminators. That leaves us with only 11 villagers left. Even if some of us have powers, it's going to be extremely difficult to control the lynch. If we fail today, and the eliminators kill again. We're looking at an even worse outcome. This is going to get bloody quickly. In addition, we still have the threat of the Truthless hanging over us. It's going to be hard, so we need to think back. Let's look back at the voting of cycle one.

Cycle 1:

Ecthelion (5): Stink, Flash, Megasif, Roadwalker, Stick 
Flash (4): Orlok, PK, Eternum, Bard
Stink (2): Jondesu, Elithanathile 
Stick (2): Arinian, Drake
Rae (1): Winter 
Jondesu (1): Elenion

I'm going to put a vote on Ecthelion. At this point in the game, that would give us a large amount of information. Suppose Ecth turns out to be a Skybreaker. That would explain why she hasn't been putting votes down, yet is still keeping up with the game. It would also make Eternum and Orlok look incredibly suspicious, as they raised a counter-bandwagon for her.

Now suppose Echtelion is a villager. If we lynch her, we waste a cycle, which isn't good. However, it makes Roadwalker and Stink prime suspects for Eliminators. It gives us more information, rather than relying on gut feelings. It's not the best logic in the world, but it's do or die time. We can't afford to waste this, and a lynch on Ecth would be huge if correct.

Edited by Sart
Greened out vote

That's a very loose definition of "keeping up with the game", Sart. I know who the major lynch candidates are in the cycle, and built up a gut read or two, but I've hardly been paying the attention this game deserves.

I'm male.

I'm not entirely sure your logic, but if I'm village and that makes Roadwalker look like an elim for some reason other than just voting on me; well, I know I'm village, so Roadwalker.

Edited by Ecthelion III

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Now suppose Echtelion is a villager. If we lynch her, we waste a cycle, which isn't good. However, it makes Roadwalker and Stink prime suspects for Eliminators.

No, it really doesn't; cycle 1 it is entirely possible to have a villager lynched with no elim involvement.  I still maintain that Eternum is the best choice for a lynch target.

Yitzi, I'm maintaining my vote from last cycle. I still cannot see why I am the best choice for a lynch target.

Could you please explain?

Also, dang. 3 more villagers dead. I honestly don't understand Len's play last cycle. What in the world was he trying to do? Why did he say he was an Elsecaller, and that we should lynch him, if he was village?

With Sami dead, my theory last cycle loses some credibility, but I am currently suspicious of Yitzi and Sart, and I think there's a connection there.

A lynch on Ecth would not help because even if we lynch them and they're village, if there are any Elsecallers on the enemy team, we lose. I did the math.

I do not think they're elim, mostly because there is no proof towards them being one.

Now this. Sart should have probably known the fact I mentioned. Right now, my suspicion of them seems well-founded.

Pretty much, if we lynch a villager this turn, we either tie or lose. It's a very slim chance of winning, even if we manage to lynch elims 4 turns in a row. If they have Elsecallers or Lightweavers, though? It's gonna be tough. (This does not take into account activity filter deaths, btw. That could possibly make things worse.)

EDIT: I will add that Yitzi's post before mine was probably a means to justify a vote change or a vote by someone else. Pretty much, the elims are trying to lynch me, I think. Why, I'm not sure. I'm literally the newest player here. :P

Edited by Eternum

5 hours ago, Sart said:

We might be at the point of no return. Let's suppose there are 4 Eliminators. That leaves us with only 11 villagers left. Even if some of us have powers, it's going to be extremely difficult to control the lynch. If we fail today, and the eliminators kill again. We're looking at an even worse outcome. This is going to get bloody quickly. In addition, we still have the threat of the Truthless hanging over us. It's going to be hard, so we need to think back. Let's look back at the voting of cycle one.

Cycle 1:

Ecthelion (5): Stink, Flash, Megasif, Roadwalker, Stick 
Flash (4): Orlok, PK, Eternum, Bard
Stink (2): Jondesu, Elithanathile 
Stick (2): Arinian, Drake
Rae (1): Winter 
Jondesu (1): Elenion

I'm going to put a vote on Ecthelion. At this point in the game, that would give us a large amount of information. Suppose Ecth turns out to be a Skybreaker. That would explain why she hasn't been putting votes down, yet is still keeping up with the game. It would also make Eternum and Orlok look incredibly suspicious, as they raised a counter-bandwagon for her.

Now suppose Echtelion is a villager. If we lynch her, we waste a cycle, which isn't good. However, it makes Roadwalker and Stink prime suspects for Eliminators. It gives us more information, rather than relying on gut feelings. It's not the best logic in the world, but it's do or die time. We can't afford to waste this, and a lynch on Ecth would be huge if correct.

On mobile so can't crop.

Mind explaining the logic in how Ecth being Villager means that I'm evil? Or can I throw out blanket statements with no logic for no reason too :P

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

Yitzi, I'm maintaining my vote from last cycle. I still cannot see why I am the best choice for a lynch target.

Because your early defense of Sart looked a lot like a newbie elim trying to defend another elim, and your pivot afterward based on that looks a whole lot like you're just trying to evade the elim accusation from it.  However, I'm open to switching to Sart instead, as my theory at this point is that you're both elims.

Dang it. This is a dangerous time, as Sart pointed out. I also have to decide who to trust, and I’ve made mistakes at key moments in previous games, so I’m nervous (not that this game depends on me personally, but I could easily be part of a mislynch that ends the game). 

I think I’m going to decide to trust Yitzi at this point, because of the roleclaim and just his general demeanor. That doesn’t mean I’m trusting his read on Eternum, just that I’m putting him on my trust list more fully for now. 

That means I think my vote goes to Sart this time. I don’t have much extra to add and I’m still worried this is more groupthink than valid suspicion, but I can’t shake my suspicions.

Sart seemed village before, but I didn't defend them. I accused Arinian of tunneling them, which tbh I now feel wasn't such a bad thing. I'm suspicious of Sart now, and you too, Yitzi.

If it's easier for you guys to vote for Sart, then I shall switch my vote. It does achieve the results I want either way.

So, Sart.