Who is the best character?

freezedragon

1: Kaladin and Hoid

2: Rock and Dalinar

3. Axies the collector and szeth

Off topic but does anybody know which characters will get their own book?

Szeth, Kal, Shallan... That's all I know please help I'm dying to know!?

Dalinar and Eshonai each will get one in the first arc. The second is more tentative, but possibilities include Talenel, another herald, Jasnah, someone we haven't met yet, Taravangian... It's still uncertain.

1. Dalinar

2. Hoid

3. Kaladin

4. Lift

5. Taravangian

6. Jasnah

6. Navani (tie)

8. Rock

9. Darkness

10. Puppy

Least favorites are Renarin, Adolin, and Shallan. The young ones have some growing up to do. (Except for Lift, who is an outlier.)

who is 9 Darkness?

Edited by WEZ313

It's a tie for me between Szeth and Kaladin. The former's inner turmoil is so compelling to read and the mystery that surrounds his mission and past makes his POV endlessly rereadable. As for Kaladin; though he maybe a bit whiny at times the gradual progression of how he turned the bridge runners into a band of brothers was one of the most satisfying aspects of WoK.

It's amazing how my favorite characters changed between my first and second reads of WoK (I'm not really a re-reader, not even with Harry Potter books and they are one-day reads)

The first time I read WoK really fast and with a lot of skimming.

That time I hated Dalinar, and Adolin and some of Kaladin. But loved Shallan and Jasnah. It was a huge disapointment to me the first time I read and saw that Shallans POV is not on all parts of the book.

But the second time I read it was waaaay deeply into the book and characters.

Then I loved everyone!! 

Now my favorites are Kaladin, Jasnah and Shallan, then Adolin.

I've come to like Adolin a lot, after seeing how he really looks like Dalinar and the way they interact.

After reading Adolin's excerpt I like him even more, and I'm looking forward to see more of him (I expect/hope him to be a KR and from a really cool order)!

Honorable (lol) Mention: Kaladin.

Top Ten:

10) Szeth.

9) Odium.

8) Honor.

7) Tanavargian.

6) Jasnah.

5) Rock.

4) Skar.

3) Adolin.

2) Syl.

1) Dalinar.

I know what you're thinking, "Wait, what?! Kaladin didn't even make the top ten?"

No, he did not. I am an ENORMOUS fan of character's with inner struggles who try to do the right thing. Hence Dalinar being my number one. But I have no patience for whiners. And, love him or hate him, Kaladin is a whiner. I know that he went through a lot of emotional trauma at a very young age and is still very young...so if he grows out of his current attitude then he'll boost up to number 2.

1) Dalinar

2) Kaladin

3) Shallan

4) Jasnah

5) Syl

6) Adolin

7) Szeth

8) Kalak

After finishing WoK, I thought... aw crap, I hope Dalinar doesn't die in the next book. He is definitely my favorite character. He bears enormous burdens and responsibilities. And he does the right things, the hard things with honor. He is a great leader and father.

I can't wait for more character development for everyone in the next books!