Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Another football fan over here! And that soccer bit I can completely relate to :D I read on FB that Ronaldo scored a banger and then got sent off not too long after and shoved the Ref. I prefer Messi and Neymar tbh.

Anyway, with that out the way, let me asses our current situation.

Eternum seems OK.

I'm getting town vibes from Doc atm, although that's subject to change.

Flash seems wayyyy too enthusiastic, but that may be normal behaviour from him.

Stick is alright right now.

I'm rather suspicious of DA, but that may just be because Stick and Doc to me seem fine.

I haven't got another info on anybody else right now.

It is entirely normal behavior from me. Take a look at any game of mine.

1 minute ago, Eternum said:

Nice, DA! It's good to know someone else here likes football (I refuse to call it soccer :P) On a similar note, did you watch RM-Barcelona yesterday?

Anyway, is there just one lynch this day? Hm. That makes sense, I suppose.

I think I will revote for Doc for Medium because there really are no other candidates atm, I don't feel like trying for Mayo-- imean Medium, and Doc hasn't done anything suspicious yet, unless one counts keeping their wincon a secret.

DA, why are you suspicious of Stick and Doc? Like, what are your reasons?

YES I DID. I am quite dissapointed with how Ronaldo behaved :( 

I don't know if you need to vote anyone as a Medium right now.

Well, I'm just suspecting a scheme. Stick says that PK is a vill without very much reason, whereas Doc pushes for him to be lynched, sure in defence, but you have to admit he did jump on it. And Doc didn't even give Stick all too much mind last cycle, and now she's been selected as the Protector *shrugs

and hey, who said she can't be a robot stick sent in to spy on us all?!

TBH I'm a United fan, but I like RMA over Barça. Idk why, really xD

Yeah, he was really rude. I think it's mostly pent up frustration for being put out so late in the Cup game vs United. Idk.

This is pretty much Flash when he's having way too much fun, I gather.

This is like, DA's first post so I think that there's not much to be suspicious of, either.

Edited by Eternum

25 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@randuir, a couple of points here. I’d be interested in your view on the Zeta’s alignment. I’d have thought that they must have a neutral (or potentially eliminator alignment). Given their ability to change alignments, they represent a far greater threat to the village than the eliminators, being much more likely to significantly reduce the number of villagers in the game, making it far easier for the eliminators to gain a majority. As such, I don’t imagine that they will claim to the “Making Everything Boring” role. 
On our choice of Medium, I’d point to QF25 as a recent example of Stink’s ability to play very effectively. He often does cause chaos, but clearly wants to be the medium, nod I don’t think he’d run the risk of removal through acting in a chaotic manner.

Honestly, I'm of two minds about the Zeta, I disagree that it is a greater threat to the village than to the elims though, at least as I understand it. Villagers and elims have equal chances of dying to his powers, and the conversion that it does is explicitly stated to be of the blue and orange variety. On the other hand, it can cause significant (potentially bad, potentially good) shake-ups, especially if it ends up triggering often. As for their alignment, you do make a good point regarding that, as the Zeta could be cryptid, or something else unrelated. Overall, I would not be in favor of lynching a confirmed Zeta if he's not of a problematic alignment.

25 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

On meetings, I think it varies by stage in the game. This early, we’re hardly going to end the game in the Woods’ eliminators’ favour. Equally, lynching their most confirmed villager (not that I think someone of that nature exists at this stage (although I do have yet to analyse the Woods thread)), both sets a precedent that such a thing is good form, meaning we’re at risk of the same happening if our numbers fall beyond those in their thread, and dramatically reduces the information we have available for the D3 lynch in the Court thread. Given we didn’t have a D1 lynch, I’d be minded to support a lynch of a Court player, so that we can build momentum and connections, and so catch our own eliminators. 

Yeah, that's something I've been considering as well. Putting what seems like a confirmed forest down (and we do have one of those by role-claim, though he has 2 lives) might seem like a good idea, but it's definitely not going to help with information sharing in future meetings, and will invite similar retribution. It's a question of whether it's worth it.

I'll talk a bit about my suspicions later, once I'm home again.

2 hours ago, Elbereth said:

Ah, right. Stink

I thought the current mediums stayed as mediums until enough of us voted against them?

I believe Stink was referring to the discrepancy between what you thought of his win con and what Doc thinks. :P 

Oh, okay XD

Uh. How does that imply you can't be evil? If you were an elim, I believe (though I'd need to check with Aonar that it's the same as the Medium) that your win con doesn't actually change. You could still very well be the Protector while simultaneously being evil, and I'm not totally certain why you think otherwise

You're right, yeah, techincally I can be evil. Though in a hypothetical situation in which my original alignment is gunnerkrigg, I'm not sure if I'd remain evil during the time doc is medium, but I'd resume my original win con if/when the muddies changes. But yeah, should probably ask the GMs.

I'm aware of that. I was addressing Stick, who is not a Medium, and whose alignment if she were village is publicly known. 

I believe he was responding to this: :P

Why does not revealing their win cons equate to being evil? It's possible, but... I don't see the correlation. 

56 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

The lynch of PK was a shame. I am suspicious of Stick and Doc tbh, I think there may be a scheme, they are capable of it. Stick is definitely someone to keep an eye on, and Doc can go both ways.

Y tho. I was clearly against the pk lynch

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

Also, whoever decided to kill me? Not cool. Not cool at all. 

The elims, given that eternum claimed attacking straw :P

Edited by _Stick_

Well, the writeup shows that elims killed you, Flash. So yeah.

Also, Stick, "attaching"? Attaching to what? :P

Also I just realized that the Gunnerkrigg villagers will want to kill me. Ohh, crap. Well, uh, plz don't?

Gillitie, quick, find a target worth lynching!

(Yes, I just realized how dangerous meetings can be for me. I didn't think this through when I roleclaimed...)

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Clanky, firstly I hope your workload becomes more manageable. Would you explain why chaos is a good thing, or something we should be aiming towards? If you’d enjoy it, and are advocating it for that reason alone, go ahead, but given I think it harms our village, I’d be interested in exploring your reasoning here.

Sorry don't really have time for much of a response. Basically I found that before I took my sabbatical I was personally taking the game too seriously. So since I'm back I decided to try and just have more fun and that doesn't mean always doing the smartest thing. Like in LG36 I tried to help force a three-way tied lynch vote. This is just an extension of me attempting to alter my playstyle a bit to make it more fun. 

Sorry again for little activity. I should have time to look through the thread and my PMs(which I stopped getting notifications about for some reason) during lunch and get back into the swing of things.

3 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Im curious. Can court thread people participate in the forest threads medium vote, and can the court appoint their medium from people in the forest thread? And vice versa

No.

I'm quite sure Meetings are the only places where Court can have an affect on people from Forest.

Court if you're reading this please do not do anything to me. I have a wife and kids.

Ok that's a lie but still I'm innocent.

Just now, Majestic said:

I'm quite sure Meetings are the only places where Court can have an affect on people from Forest.

Court if you're reading this please do not do anything to me. I have a wife and kids.

Ok that's a lie but still I'm innocent.

:o he lies! Liars must be evil! 

Ah if it is for the lives of others, then that is quite suspicious cause if i were to lie for someone else in a se game id prolly be lying to save a fellow eliminator :P

Lying for ones self is much more acceptable.

Charges against thee shall now be dropped. You are a free liar! :)

9 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Ah if it is for the lives of others, then that is quite suspicious cause if i were to lie for someone else in a se game id prolly be lying to save a fellow eliminator :P

(My bold text)

This suggests there's a high chance of thee being an Elim.

Can we vote to lynch somebody yet?

I'm a little confused how this lynch is supposed to work. B/c by my understanding, the forest wants to lynch a human and the humans want to lynch a forest (so to speak). Now, let's say we identify an elim, if the court thinks that we have successfully identified an elim, they would vote on someone else in order to prevent their ally from getting lynched. If they think the elim is a regular resident, they would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the court has more people, what stops them from just lynching the one of us that is least likely to be an elim? Unless as Randuir points out, we have a reason to work together. Any vote to try and find an elim within our ranks would likely be fractured, and unlikely to get the requisite votes necessary in order to avoid a counter-lynch by our compatriots across the...divide? (haven't read the work this is based on).

Thoughts people? Am I missing something?

So uhhhh, whats the plan?

Edited by Dalinar Kholin