What would you wish for?

Scriptorian

I did a quick search for this and didn't find anything, but feel free to tell me if this has been done before.

The questioned posed is thus: if you were to seek out the Old Magic, what boon would you ask of the Nightwatcher? You can keep your answer in-world or not as you desire.

The caveat is that the next person to post after you has to tell you what curse you received to go with your boon. 

If there are no objections...I'll begin:

After much internal debate, I would probably simply ask to be awesome.

Congratulation, now that you are awesome you no longer need the ability to read (yes, this does include Brandons works and I am devious) as you will turn live into an epic story itself.

So lets see, I think I would like the Nigtwatcher to turn me into a person that has a stronger internal drive, as in a grand goal in live I want to achieve.

Congratulation, now that you are awesome you no longer need the ability to read (yes, this does include Brandons works and I am devious) as you will turn live into an epic story itself.

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

I had my roommate read this too me.

By the way digitalbusker, you can now only speak backwards.

Congratulations, you can turn food into Stormlight! However, as a curse, not only can you not use it to Surgebind (You can still heal and move very fast, and have great strength and such), but you're now unable to comprehend the difference between bread and any form of technology beyond a flip-phone.

I'd ask for the ability to Soulcast without a fabrial(aka, including a modern equivalent of the tridaily highstorms and gemstones)

I can imagine leaving a basket of pennies outside on a sunny day to infuse them with Sunlight.

Congratulations! You can now Soulcast without a fabrial. Unfortunately, you are now color blind and while everything you cast looks fine to you, to everyone else they look like they were created by a doped up clown.

I'd like to be able to change to any of the parshendi forms (known or unknown) whenever I liked.

Edited by awesomeness summoned

Yeah but I would be the only portable source of stormlight, other than Lift, who I imagine would not cooperate very well. Plus I bet that the Nightwatcher could not prevent me from turning to voidbinding, securing infamy as the newest member of the Ten (eleven now?) Fools.

Granted, awesomness summoned you can now change form whenever you like but as soon as you stop concentrating on it, you revert to slaveform.

I would like the ability to read over the shoulder of whomever I want whenever I want.

Congratulations, you can now read over the shoulder of anyone you want whenever you want, unfortunately, you can only read cuneiform.

I would ask the night watcher make me immortal.

Congratulations, you can turn food into Stormlight! However, as a curse, not only can you not use it to Surgebind (You can still heal and move very fast, and have great strength and such), but you're now unable to comprehend the difference between bread and any form of technology beyond a flip-phone.

I'd ask for the ability to Soulcast without a fabrial(aka, including a modern equivalent of the tridaily highstorms and gemstones)

I can imagine leaving a basket of pennies outside on a sunny day to infuse them with Sunlight.

Congratulations...You are now a fabrial.

Congratulations, you can now read over the shoulder of anyone you want whenever you want, unfortunately, you can only read cuneiform.

I would ask the night watcher make me immortal.

Congratulations! You are immortal, but now you can't see anything closer than five feet from you.

I would like the Nightwatcher to make me Batman.

Since the rules for this thread are:

Determine the curse for the previous poster.

Ask your boon.

I would ask the Nightwatcher to slowly and painfully peel the flesh from the bones of anyone foolish enough to place a curse on a poster without asking a boon themselves.

PS: I'm totally not looking at you DigitalBusker, honest! ;)

Actualy, I never said you had to post a boon in order to give a curse (as you can see, I did so myself about three posts in). I can see how you would misunderstand this, since your curse is now to always misinterpret rules just slightly. Unfortunatly for me, since your boon wasn't contingent on the rules, I find myself in need of some really good lotion, as my skin appears to be peeling off.

P.S. Participating in forms is really hard when you have mysteriously lost the abillity to read. :(

Since the rules for this thread are:

Determine the curse for the previous poster.

Ask your boon.

I would ask the Nightwatcher to slowly and painfully peel the flesh from the bones of anyone foolish enough to place a curse on a poster without asking a boon themselves.

PS: I'm totally not looking at you DigitalBusker, honest! ;)

Sorry, I just figured you only got one.

Also: Congratulations! You get your wish. But the Nightwatcher chooses to interpret your request as placing a curse on posters, so you get peeled too!

I guess now I ask for my flesh to be restored?

Sorry, I just figured you only got one.Also: Congratulations! You get your wish. But the Nightwatcher chooses to interpret your request as placing a curse on posters, so you get peeled too!I guess now I ask for my flesh to be restored?

Your flesh has been re-stored. It is once again on the third shelf from the bottom in the Nightwatcher's closet. She occasionally takes it out when she wants to play dress up.

I ask that the Nightwatcher send me to Urithiru or show me how to get there.

Granted, only you were excluded from inclusion into the new universe. In order to maintain the balance, everyone in the original universe now gets two curses for every boon. Your second curse is that the copy of you that was supposed to be included in the new universe is in our universe instead and it's really really pissed.

For my second boon, I would like everyone to interpret the rules exactly the same way as I do when I am personally involved.

Granted, only you were excluded from inclusion into the new universe. In order to maintain the balance, everyone in the original universe now gets two curses for every boon. Your second curse is that the copy of you that was supposed to be included in the new universe is in our universe instead and it's really really pissed.

For my second boon, I would like everyone to interpret the rules exactly the same way as I do when I am personally involved.

Granted, chaos reigns and there are no rules. I would like a pony.

Vitamin D? Can you get stormlight burnt?

Chlerma, granted. But it comes from Shinovar and you forget everything you ever knew about geography

Including how to get home without a pony.

I would like to have the ability to pass my boon onto someone else.

I would probably simply ask to be awesome.

I actually think Lift may have beaten you to that one.

I would like to have the ability to pass my boon onto someone else.

Your curse is that you can never touch anyone ever again. Also, your boon is the ability to pass your boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else, giving them the ability to pass that boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else, giving them the ability to pass that boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else, giving them the ability to pass that boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else, giving them the ability to pass that boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else, giving them the ability to pass that boon, the boon that allows you to pass your boon on, to someone else...

Rust and Ruin, my head hurts.

I'd probably wish for Compounding.

Edited by DoctorWh0m