What characters would you want to meet each other?

kiapet

Question

Just for fun: If you could have any two characters in all of the Cosmere meet/hang out with each other, who would you choose?

Personally, I'd like to see Wayne and Lift. Both are hilariously flippant yet good-hearted thieves with slightly sideways ways of thinking, super awesome powers, dark pasts and emotional depth they are very good at hiding. They'd hit it off pretty quickly and no one's hats or food would ever be safe again.

i would like to see Galedon and Kaladin together because the amount of pessimism in the room would be awe-inspiring(after those present got over their resulting existential crises:P).

Edit: I'd also like to see a conversation between Sarene and Jasnah. 

Edited by Aon Ene

7 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Sazed, Hrathen, Jasnah, Kelsier and Wayne would be a cool conversation.

I believe that it would as well as each of them have a very different outlook on the world. Jasnah would dominate any discussion scholarly or not just because of her knowledge as a scholar and strong will. I think that Kelsier would challenge her for the position as leader as he is very controlling and strong willed. Dazed would most likely remain apart as he doesn't want to interfere, though Hrathen may see his power and wish to serve him despite that. That or Hrathen might just manipulate everyone. Wayne would just annoy everyone, so he might not survive the encounter.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:49 PM, The One Who Connects said:

Rashek and Hrathen would be an amazing conversation. Personally, I'd like Taravangian to be involved rather than Sadeas, but that might be my prejudice towards liking Taravangian more.

Rashek, Hrathen, Taravangian, Sadeas, and maybe another person, just sitting around a table discussing philosophy... This would definitely be worth reading.

lets add in elend and hoid.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:25 AM, Just another guyn said:

lets add in elend and hoid.

Hoid would be... interesting, to say the least. I'm a little against Elend, but that's mostly because a lot of his development in HoA was about how he was ending up like TLR. I feel the "tempering the edge" angle could just as easily come from one of the others.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, Calderis said:

My mental image of this is Rashek forcing Hrathen to accept him as God. Taravangian playing nice while working in secret to undermine them, and Sadeas... Toes the line or dies. 

You have to throw in straff venture just to make things fun. Then you have Rashek forcing them to bow to his will. Straff would declare himself the king and make an under the table deal with Sadeas which will quickly be broken. Taravangian would indeed secretly plot their demise while adopting the guise of a senile old man. Meanwhile Hrathen is preaching his religion and is the only one without an uinderhanded scheme.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:42 PM, Dragonphoenix said:

I would like to see how Hrathen, Rashek, and Sadeas meet up just to see how they would react to one another's views and morals, and if they would become allies or bitter foes

Oh they would destroy each other so much ego and power in the same room would put on a grand show.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, Nathrangking said:

Meanwhile Hrathen is preaching his religion and is the only one without an underhanded scheme.

His lack of an underhanded scheme is his underhanded scheme. Plotters and Posturers biggest disadvantage is that they idly glance at what you openly say/do, and give the importance to what you secretly do. They'd overlook his preaching as a facade and get paranoid due to his apparent skill at keeping the under-the-table deals under-wraps. They'll eventually realize that he has no ulterior motives in play, but by that time it might be too late for them.

Just now, The One Who Connects said:

His lack of an underhanded scheme is his underhanded scheme. Plotters and Posturers biggest disadvantage is that they idly glance at what you openly say/do, and give the importance to what you secretly do. They'd overlook his preaching as a facade and get paranoid due to his apparent skill at keeping the under-the-table deals under-wraps. They'll eventually realize that he has no ulterior motives in play, but by that time it might be too late for them.

While that true and they may overthink it I doubt any one at that table would be quite so willing to make any sort of deal with him.

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

While that true and they may overthink it I doubt any one at that table would be quite so willing to make any sort of deal with him.

They are all skilled at subterfuge and subtlety. Any one of them would make a deal with one of the others if they saw an advantage to it. It all depends on the situation, which is kinda how Hrathen operates in Elantris.

On 7/31/2017 at 5:51 PM, The One Who Connects said:

They are all skilled at subterfuge and subtlety. Any one of them would make a deal with one of the others if they saw an advantage to it. It all depends on the situation, which is kinda how Hrathen operates in Elantris.

I suppose he might indeed be devious enough and powerful enough to pull it off with that powered arm of his.Their underestimation of him will be their downfall!!!

Edited by Nathrangking

4 minutes ago, Discofrish said:

Kaladin and Vasher

Hmmmmmmm. Have you read Words of Radiance? If not do noooot look at the spoiler. Words of Radiance spoiler

Spoiler

Vasher trains him in sword fighting :) They get along exactly as you'd expect. Reluctantly and grumpily well :D

1 minute ago, Extesian said:

Hmmmmmmm. Have you read Words of Radiance? If not do noooot look at the spoiler. Words of Radiance spoiler

Hide contents

Vasher trains him in sword fighting :) They get along exactly as you'd expect. Reluctantly and grumpily well :D

Dang it! Yes i knew about that but I forgot that it happened because i never connected the dots while reading WoR. 

Well, Kaladin and Vivenna then.

32 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Hmmm....

How about Hoid and King's Wit from Stormlight Archive?
Heheheh
That would be worth reading!

25 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Throw in a couple guys named Topaz and Midius while you're at it. 

Should probably get Cephandrius and Dust invited to this party while you are at it...

14 hours ago, Idealistic said:

Sazed and Jasnah

Elend and Dalinar 

Or how about Tindwyl and Jasnah? 

Spoiler

Even though Tindwyl is dead.

And maybe Elend and Renarin. Or the Kholin brothers in general.

I thought maybe Lightsong and Wayne could have a fun time. Juggling fruit and building cup coaster castles.