I have time for more RP!

*tipsy but not fully drunk* To help pass the time, let me tell you all a story:

I was 20, a handsome young gent just trying to make his way in the world. I had taken up mining in an effort to further develop my already-sculpted abs, but upon finding that it is a most dirty and demeaning career (the men most definitely did not wear cologne, which is worse even than wearing too much) I had quit my job and struck out looking for work.

While on my journey, I chanced to stop by a small town as night fell, and decided to stop for the night in the inn. Upon entering, I was greeted by a most odious scene.  A drunk man, who was also exuding some very un-gentleman-like smells, was ogling a pair of beautiful women seated at a near table. Now I am a man of no small amount of restraint, but when I saw that scene I could feel my blood boil, and I am afraid to say that I may have done something rash.

Running from the doorway and leaping up upon an unoccupied table, I cried out, “Stop, brute! No gentleman would treat a lady like that!”

He turned and said some things that I would prefer not to repeat, and then rushed at me. I was faster, of course. My lean muscles carried me six feet in the air, and the brute crashed into the table below me. I fell to earth like a graceful hammer striking an ugly anvil, and the brute groaned and fell.

The room was silent. Mouths stood agape. So I did the first thing that I thought of: pulled up a chair next to those two beautiful women whom that man had been ogling, pulled out a fistful of boxings from my pocket, and said, “Drinks are on me, ladies.”

I'm not sure who is evil, but I'm going to vote for Jondesu. I have a gut feeling about him.

"He's dead, and a mistborn as well." Mr. Hoid bends down and picks up all the spikes from the fallen body. "Might as well put these to good use and research." He said happily. "I think I might use these to . . ." His eyes misted over and he began to speak. "This has happened before and will happen again, the world does not want to die, but it has too, that was the deal." His eyes demystified, but this time, he only remembers fragments of what he said. "The world does not want to die? Well, I suppose no one wants to die."

Is it I tie? We can't have a tie. I must vote. I shall go through the thread once more and see.

Edit: The Stick has come to a conclusion: Rae to (ignore the 'to'. It won't go away) I haven't read through the thread, so I'm not sure if anyone else has already brought this up, but I think Rae might be a Spiked since if she hadn't revealed Lopen's role in the thread last night, it would have been clear to anyone who knew Lopen role-claimed to Rae that she was Spiked, as it seems that the elims wanted to make the villagers lurcher-depreived :[ (though I dont see why) and there wasn't any other way for the elims to know that unless a player revealed Lopen's role in-thread. 

Again, I've been busy irl, am typing this in a hurry and have merely skimmed through the thread. Most of my reasoning is likely to make no sense.

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

28 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Is it I tie? We can't have a tie. I must vote. I shall go through the thread once more and see.

Edit: The Stick has come to a conclusion: Rae to (ignore the 'to'. It won't go away) I haven't read through the thread, so I'm not sure if anyone else has already brought this up, but I think Rae might be a Spiked since if she hadn't revealed Lopen's role in the thread last night, it would have been clear to anyone who knew Lopen role-claimed to Rae that she was Spiked, as it seems that the elims wanted to make the villagers lurcher-depreived :[ (though I dont see why) and there wasn't any other way for the elims to know that unless a player revealed Lopen's role in-thread. 

Again, I've been busy irl, am typing this in a hurry and have merely skimmed through the thread. Most of my reasoning is likely to make no sense.

As I remember Lopen said that he revealed it not only to Rae. And what was sense for Rae to reveal Lopen if they anyway killed him? Only reason I can see it's to put him on lynch and save Dalinar... but you didn't think that's too desperate move(and anyway was obviously that probability that this would save Dalinar was incredibly low so what need in that move?), like okay in the end game where that lynch can mean victory for one of sides I can see that move but right now it's stupid to believe that elims would do something so obviously suspicious. And why that can't be just simpler, Rae reveals lurcher, elims just killing him and getting unbelievably good situation for them, putting damnation good suspicions on one of villagers and dead lurcher.

15 hours ago, Arraenae said:

"I'll read through this and then give you the spike," Nicki said. "I'm not handing over a clue for something you could have made up on the spot."

Nicki stared defiantly at the Terrisman. Let him try to take the book and spike from her. She'd give him a beating to remember.

"I see. If you do not wish to accept my master's offer, then you do not need to. I can take the book and return it to him. But for you to take the book without offering the spike in return? Aside from the moral and legal infractions, that would be most unwise, I think. My master is not someone to be treated thusly. He could make things quite... unpleasant for you, Nicki." Though Herwynbe's remained calm and collected as he spoke, Nicki didn't miss that this time he dropped the honorific "lady."

RP aside, I said during last night cycle that I was suspicious of all those who advocated letting the coinshot take out Dalinar, and Arraenae did so the most vocally and forcefully. Several people have called her (and the others) out on it, but I still have not heard one decent explanation from any of them as to why they thought that was actually NOT a terribly bad idea. 

But mostly it's all about the RP. :P If Nicki wants to cooperate and play nicely, Herwynbe will do the same and withdraw the vote on her. Probably. 

Joe patrolled the streets of Tyrian Falls, preying upon the weak and the slow. No one could escape from the wrath... of his ash tacos! Once a civilian was within his sight, they would have no choice but to purchase one. Besides, who wouldn't? No one has declined... and no one ever will. Joe rubbed his hands together and patted his pockets bulging with boxings. Well, they are small pockets, but they are still bulging! There, at the intersection, a lone man was crossing the street! A fool move, for Joe was in the immediate vicinity! He pounced.

"Why hello there, fellow citizen. Would you care to purchase a delicious treat? Full of vitamins and minerals, and no trace metals! Here, have a try!"

Joe swiftly thrust an ash taco into the man's hands. The man looked confused, then reluctantly took a bite.

"Oh, sorry, we don't offer free samples. You're going to have to pay for that... one boxing, please."

The man glared at Joe, but when he didn't budge, he reached into his pocket and handed Joe a coin. Joe gave him a charming smile and walked away. Another success! Who's next? Joe looked around, and spotted yet another pedestrian, the crazy cat lady! He froze. The crazy cat lady? Do or don't, do or don't, do or don't, do or don't...

Do.

Joe strode confidently over to Matilda, and launched straight into his routine.

"Why hello there, madam. Would you care for a delectable pastry/thing?"

Joe, seeing the bottle in her hand, snatched it and poured the contents over an ash taco.

"Now alcoholic!"

@Madagascar, so you see it.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

Pffft, why do I even bother doin' all that research about how Rae probably ain't a shpiked in firsht plashe. No one even mentionsh it, jusht jumpsh on to the firsht talkin point. No one lishensh to Matilda. :( 

I find it all the people throwin' catsh at Rae very intereshting, especially as few have given much explanation beshidesh the one that'sh been heavily cri-shized already. No one'sh shpeshifically shaid they're defendin' Nyali but an old woman hash to wonder... Anyway, if'n Nyali really ish a shpiked, Rae'll probably die either from the votesh or the rioter. But we'll shee.

*crunches pastry*

Oooh thish ish lovely, Hemalurgic! Can you make more pashtriesh for my catsh? I eshpeshially likesh the pashtry cone what'sh shoe rich an buttery you can pour like 3 bottles o' whishkey in it an not a drop shpillsh out!

Matilda eagerly ate the ash taco, wolfing it down in seconds. Joe didn't know whether to ask for payment...

15 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

Oooh thish ish lovely, Hemalurgic! Can you make more pashtriesh for my catsh? I eshpeshially likesh the pashtry cone what'sh shoe rich an buttery you can pour like 3 bottles o' whishkey in it an not a drop shpillsh out!

Joe was startled by the request, so he folded three ash tacos together in a cone and handed it to Matilda. It should be enough.

I woke up this morning on the wrong side of bed again. Nightmares about paperwork ran through my head even while I was awake. Even in my dreams I couldn't find any rest. Worst part was, wasn't sure if there was anyone to blame for that. The work needed to be done, that was for sure. Didn't mean I felt any better about it. In fact, made me feel worse. I had no target for my anger at the amount of time wasted on it.

I gave a newsboy a clip to tell me what had happened while I was buried under paper back in the office. Turned out Reginald did move from thefts to murder, which was a shame. I didn't think it impossible, but it's always sad to find someone that could have been a good person has fallen so much from The Lord Ruler's grace. Thefts were annoying but understandable. Murder of innocent people, though? There was no coming back from that for a person. Still, it was for the best that he was killed now rather than later. He'd already clung to life for too long in the face of everyone's suspicions. It was preventing us from looking elsewhere.

Had to agree with the current talk of the town that the people who advocated vigilante justice on him seemed a mite odd. I could understand it if it was a general suggestion, but after he'd already been shown to have someone protecting him? It was risky even before it was said out loud for people to plan against. Seemed like too much of a bad thing for the village to have been a mistake. Did suggesting that make someone evil? Well, not in my book. We all make mistakes. Hell, I've made more than my fair share in my time.

Thing was, mistakes seemed to be at the centre of this whole lynch. On one side, we had someone who openly declared a target for vigilantes and who shared confidential information, and on the other, someone who misheard what the other had said. The other part of the argument against Nyah was that Reginald seemed to defend her early on when this mess all started. I didn't really rate that as an argument though. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - There's no honour among thieves. It was an easy to do their job for them, to assume that anyone they defend must be their ally. Just as likely it was a simple tactic I've seen before, incriminating others. Weaponising their death. Seemed to me they'd happily martyr themselves just to see this village dead.

Problem was, there was only one way for us to find that out. And if we didn't, well, it'd be hanging over us all for ages now. We'd continually be wondering. Seemed to me we had to find out as quickly as possible, and it was better that then we all get muddled wondering and never do anything. Considering Nicki was 'winning' the contest so far, seemed like the best place to start. Better than nothing, certainly. If that got us nowhere, and there was nowhere better to look, we could sort Nyah out tomorrow.

So people are aware, life has become very hectic for me in a short period of time. I don't think next week will be much better. Not going to go inactive, but I might not have enough time to post every day (as I didn't yesterday).

Edited by Wyrmhero

I still fail to see how Nicki's advocating for vigilante justice was a problem. The worst that could have happened was the vigilante failing, and the best that could have happened would have been removal of competition *coughs*  Dalinar being killed sooner.

Indeed. Plush Nick actually bein' a shpiked would mean she had advocated eliminating her own Mishtborn and encouraged othersh to do sho on  the firsht day. Methinksh shume people are jusht lookin' fer excushesh to keep Nyali around.

Unfortunately, those people sheem to be the majority.

Alright. I'm a Thug, so lynching me will be of no use. Obviously, I've stormed up in a way that makes me easy to lynch yet again (hello, QF15, MR18), and obviously, some Spiked are probably voting on me to get revenge for Dalinar. Please don't give the Spiked the revenge they want. Spiked, if you really want me dead, you should consider double-tapping me tonight instead of lynching me. 

Hero, if your vote on me is purely for RP, I'd suggest that you take it off. I can respond in RP, but I will be gone for the next four hours and would rather not be lynched because I decided that sports practice and a mountainload of homework takes priority over an internet game. I will respond by either the end of this cycle or the beginning of N5.

Wonko. Nyali. 

Plush you're obvioushly not the shpiked Rioter from the firsht day. Nyali or Wonko may be though. An if you're a thug, I expect that clearsh you of bein' the shpiked lurcher too. I would alsho rather you not be lynched. I'll be really intereshted to shee if any of the people votin' fer Rae come back to defend their votesh or not. *Matilda cracks open a new bottle and inspects it with one bulging eyeball* Oooh, there'sh a bug on the bottom of thish one! That meansh it'sh eckshtra good, right? Have a bug, kittiesh!

Sorry guys, I've been a little busy, and haven't really gotten around to posting. I probably won't get a lot less busy, either.  My family is going snowboarding.

My search didn't really turn up as much I'd have liked, and I feel pretty equal about both Nyali and Rae.  Not sure about Wonko.  Looking at how things are right now, I don't know if Rae is evil any more.  Still, I do think she's more likely to be lynched, and my earlier suspicions of her remain.  Plus, I'd like to minimize vote manip potential.  Rae.  I'd suggest that, if we have a coinshot, that they target either Joe, Nyali, or someone who's equally suspicious in their minds.  Next cycle, if Rae's good, then I would suggest Joe or Nyali for the lynch, in about that order.

I am in favor of the idea that the Elims have multiple Mistborn.  I think they may have had two or three, and then several role-less.  Not sure if role-less are a thing, but I would assume it's something like that.

Edited by Magestar

Inshtead of indignantly firing off all the reasonsh I've pointed out for why that ish completely wrong sho I can be ignored shum more, I'm jusht goin' to sit back on my biggesht pile of catsh, crack open a new barrel o' mead, and jusht watch thish happen while slowly clapping.

*Clap*

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Alright. I'm a Thug, so lynching me will be of no use. Obviously, I've stormed up in a way that makes me easy to lynch yet again (hello, QF15, MR18), and obviously, some Spiked are probably voting on me to get revenge for Dalinar. Please don't give the Spiked the revenge they want. Spiked, if you really want me dead, you should consider double-tapping me tonight instead of lynching me. 

Hero, if your vote on me is purely for RP, I'd suggest that you take it off. I can respond in RP, but I will be gone for the next four hours and would rather not be lynched because I decided that sports practice and a mountainload of homework takes priority over an internet game. I will respond by either the end of this cycle or the beginning of N5.

Wonko. Nyali. 

You know when I was elim in LG28 I almost believed that you are elim so suspicious was you :D. So you very good in getting suspicious.

Anyway I don't see what else I can do now so RP:

Ash slowly fall from sky covering streets, buildings. Whole world was plunged into a gray blizzard. How I hate damnation ashfall... Most people hurriedly hid in buildings, but some of them just pointless wandered the streets. I did not see their faces from the window of inn, but to imagine the expression of hopelessness that froze on their faces was not difficult for me.

Today I didn't drink beer, not in mood for beer. I never liked days like that, days when you can't see sun, and dark clouds promised to add rain to ash just to turn this world in absolute mud. Dirt inside, dirt outside... not surprising.

I took my sword and went out, it's time to add more dirt to this world.

16 minutes ago, Arinian said:

You know when I was elim in LG28 I almost believed that you are elim so suspicious was you :D. So you very good in getting suspicious.

Anyway I don't see what else I can do now so RP:

Ash slowly fall from sky covering streets, buildings. Whole world was plunged into a gray blizzard. How I hate damnation ashfall... Most people hurriedly hid in buildings, but some of them just pointless wandered the streets. I did not see their faces from the window of inn, but to imagine the expression of hopelessness that froze on their faces was not difficult for me.

Today I didn't drink beer, not in mood for beer. I never liked days like that, days when you can't see sun, and dark clouds promised to add rain to ash just to turn this world in absolute mud. Dirt inside, dirt outside... not surprising.

I took my sword and went out, it's time to add more dirt to this world.

Yeah, I actually get more suspicion for my mistakes when I'm a villager than when I'm an elim. QF12, the the elim team bussed me. LG17, the elim team planned to buss me and then Aman outed me while drunk. LG21, a combination of secret role shenanigans and GM errors outed me. As an elim, I've never been caught by a villager for making a mistake. I've been lynched several times while village, though.

I'm very good at being a suspicious villager. In fact, I feel that it's easier for me to be a suspicious villager than a suspicious eliminator.

Also, I think the Coinshot might be Spiked. We have so much village protection -- Lopen as a lurcher, my Thuggishness, potentially the Lurcher who protected Wilson, potentially Jondesu as a Thug. All of this village protection is here for a reason.

Edited by Arraenae
Added stuff

Apologies all. Somewhat ironically, given Locke's present state, I got rather sick again yesterday, having got food poisoning from sushi..

I have been working on a post giving analysis of the game. It's taking longer than I had expected or planned, and probably won't be done before rollover, although I'm doing my best.

Locke sat up, as El knocked on the door to his chambers. It demeaned him, to not be of health to greet her properly, and were it anyone else, he'd have had his Terrisman take instruction and see him himself. El, though, had seen him in far worse states.

The Lord Tekiel had taken ill shortly after arrival to Tyrian Falls. He wasn't sure if it were the environment, or his body protesting the shock. He'd always been shunned by his father, treated as lesser than his younger siblings. An embarrassment to the family name. He could never have inherited, and the pretense of being a second child had become difficult to maintain as he entered puberty. Hiding him away, claiming severe illness, had worked for some months, but as he grew frail from lack of exercise it became unsustainable. He was smuggled out of the city, and installed in a manor house owned by the Fadrexian branch of the family, sufficiently distant from Luthadel that no one would connect his arrival with the sad death of Locke Tekiel, second son of Nestor Tekiel.

He received a stipend, channeled through an accounting system so obscure it would take the Canton of Finance years to penetrate, if the current arrangements ever broke down.

But he hadn't communicated with his father since arriving. In many ways, he was glad. He had been dead to Nestor since the birth of Solon, Nestor's 'firstborn'. Sometimes, he wished he had been dead.

He would never tell anyone of the circumstances of his birth. It would lose him his game against Lord Conrad, and would undermine his status in the village. A bastard child of a Tekiel and Heron...

Edited by OrlokTsubodai
Correcting tense and emphasis in RP

14 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

LG17, the elim team planned to buss me and then Aman outed me while drunk.

That sounds so simultaneously hilarious and terrible that it reminds me to read some of these other games.

What in the world are you all *hiccups* talkin about? That'sh a shinshere queshtion, I've drunk sho much of thish barrel of mead that my brain ish bashically pickled right now. You could pull it out and sherve it ash a delicioush pate right now. Jusht one sherving would raishe your blood alcohol content by like 0.3%. It'sh amazing how the catsh multiply while you're bushy drinkin... Now they're on the wallsh! Oh look, one'sh on the sheiling! OOOH LOTSH ARE ON THE CEILING!

It'll be fun to reach the end o' thish an find out which of you manipulative monshtersh hash been havin me on thish whole time. I'm guesshing *hiccup* everyone.

What were we shaying? Oh right. I wash telling you all how much I like to collect dogsh.