Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

Twi, you should start a thread just about your escapades in cuisine-land.

Heehee. A lot of it would just be me sharing recipes like my apricot chicken recipe:

"Okay, the idea of a savory fruity dish sounds good, and I have some dried apricots, so let's try that. So, I'll chop a few of them—um, maybe four? Five? Eh, didn't count. So I'll dice those, mince a clove of garlic into some light olive oil (a tablespoon? Ish?) heating in a pan, then cook that, add the apricots, cover it with white wine…no, a little more….okay, there! Now I'll add the spices. Some rosemary, some thyme, some salt and pepper….I'll just add them 'till it looks good and taste it to see….now some brown sugar and chicken broth….don't ask me how much I used because I don't know." 

2 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Hey people, in about 20 minutes, I'll be hosting a game of Cards Against the Cosmere. If you want to join, click the following link, and when prompted, type in 17Shard as a password.

http://pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=23

If you want to talk over Discord, I'll be in the #general text chat for the Cosmere Chat server. Invite coded for the server is here

https://discord.gg/Umcps

It's over by now, isn't it...I got all excited...

I just realized I've become a lurker. :blink:

I'm totally caught up on every thread I follow, but I just don't have anything to say . . . 

Also, I made this and I already posted it on my art thread, but I'm super proud of it, so:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Yay for my second digital portrait ever! (First one I didn't even know how SAI worked, so it doesn't count)

3 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I'm totally caught up on every thread I follow, but I just don't have anything to say . . . 

Also, I made this and I already posted it on my art thread, but I'm super proud of it, so:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Yay for my second digital portrait ever! (First one I didn't even know how SAI worked, so it doesn't count)

First off, don't feel bad for lurking. It's a mighty fine thing to do. 

And second, that art is amazing! Great job! 

28 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Hah, I know how you feel.

Also, great piece!

43 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I am very much more lurkerish than you.

I only really ever posted in Reckoners RPG, and now that that's been dunked in molasses...

Although, the reason I don't post in other threads is the same reason.

3 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

I lurk sometimes too. I also know someone who has an account but is a lurker.

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I am very much more lurkerish than you.

I only really ever posted in Reckoners RPG, and now that that's been dunked in molasses...

Although, the reason I don't post in other threads is the same reason.

what happened to Reckoners? I was hoping to get back in...

37 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

The same what happened in oregon.

Hide contents

does this joke work properly? I mean, linguistically?

...sort of? I mean, yeah. I'd say so. 

Except to make more sense it'd probably be "The same that happened in Oregon." Or something of that ilk.

43 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

The same what happened in oregon.

Hide contents

does this joke work properly? I mean, linguistically?

Not quite. 'The same thing that happened in oregon' works better, or perhaps 'the same thing as what happened in oregon.'

Edited by A Budgie
spelling

7 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

what happened to Reckoners? I was hoping to get back in...

The same thing that happens when I get involved with anything: it dies. 

... That is a rather extreme reaction, appealing to my vanity :P In all seriousness, the RPG has slowed down some lately,, considering how often people used to post there. Personally, I kind of suspect it to be a mix of other responsibilities creeping in again (like school), the Reckoners series currently being finished (leading to a minor down take in interest), and the volume of stuff already existing being somewhat intimidating to new players.

(The last one, at least, is a personal thing; I only post int he Dalles thread, simply because there is so much other stuff that I don't think I'd be able to keep up.)

9 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I just realised that we are 55 pages into this.

When does the weird thing happen? Do we need to clock up 100?

I thought with the new update to the website, threads can now go as long as we want. Wasn't the reason this one was created was someone had a dream about a random stuff thread that was named something weird? And then bleeder made this one?