Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

19 hours ago, bleeder said:

Del, I just burst out laughing in the middle of social studies class. Thank you.

Let's just lay down a general ground rule here that there's no hate, ok? All good vibes. 

So I had trouble finding the meme and asked on a Jewish fb group for someone to link it to me.  A guy named Isaac replied "Seriously guys, I can't just keep running off to get the Golem for you" :lol: 

8 hours ago, Sunbird said:

GUYS. I'm flying to Ohio today to visit my parents and I was in the salt lake airport earlier and stopped into Simply Books to see if they had any Brandalized books and the booksellers said I just missed him by a few minutes! I didn't get to see him, but I bought a signed paperback of Bands of Mourning. :D

Well you were in salt lake, known as a predominately mormon town, the booksellers were nice, and I've heard brandon is a mormon soooo...

7 hours ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

@Sunbird You'll be happy to know it is cold in Ohio,  and all our April showers are happening in May!

Us too. Not a great time for Tennesseans. My power was out all yesterday afternoon. Had to take a shower in the dark. (If you follow me on Twitter I actually posted a short video of me trying to turn on a battery-powered lamp by hitting it against my hip; it actually worked :ph34r:)

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

So I had trouble finding the meme and asked on a Jewish fb group for someone to link it to me.  A guy named Isaac replied "Seriously guys, I can't just keep running off to get the Golem for you" :lol: 

Oh my.

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Oversleep

How do we know the earth isn't flat? 

If it were flat, cats would have already pushed everything off of it.

Your move, flat earthers. :ph34r: 

Don't you know of kill squads patroling the edge? That's Flat Earth 101, Twi.

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Hey, when a cat decides they're going to push something off a flat surface, no kill squad in the world can stop them. 

Wouldn't it be "no kill squad on the world can stop them" as the world is apparently flat?

latestc.gif

3 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Proof that anime tropes existed hundreds of years before anime was ever a thing:

Hide contents

I find it so amusing that, among all the other creative choices it made, Fate/Stay Night decided to tone down Cú Chulainn. Everyone else get's anime level upgrades, and he never even gets to warp spasm once.

Poor Lancer.

19 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I find it so amusing that, among all the other creative choices it made, Fate/Stay Night decided to tone down Cú Chulainn. Everyone else get's anime level upgrades, and he never even gets to warp spasm once.

Poor Lancer.

To be fair, he does state that he would qualify as a Berserker, so maybe the lack of warp spasm has to do with his servant class. Apart from that, he never really got to go full out either, so yeah, poor Lancer. -_- 

7 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

To be fair, he does state that he would qualify as a Berserker, so maybe the lack of warp spasm has to do with his servant class. Apart from that, he never really got to go full out either, so yeah, poor Lancer. -_- 

True. And it's not like Fate/Zero Lancer got much of  abatter deal. All those guys want to do is have a fair fight, and they keep running into political intruges and not being able to do their thing.

Lancer is suffering.  :P

8 minutes ago, Quiver said:

True. And it's not like Fate/Zero Lancer got much of  abatter deal. All those guys want to do is have a fair fight, and they keep running into political intruges and not being able to do their thing.

Lancer is suffering.  :P

Yeah, not even the ones in Apocrypha are immune to it. Vlad gets a pretty nasty hand and while Karna may be the most op servant yet, he is somewhat of a cosmic plaything. He still easily got the best cards out of all the Lancers though.

2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Yeah, not even the ones in Apocrypha are immune to it. Vlad gets a pretty nasty hand and while Karna may be the most op servant yet, he is somewhat of a cosmic plaything. He still easily got the best cards out of all the Lancers though.

I, unfortunately, still haven't experienced anything other than the original anime first hand :P Never finished reading Fate/Zero, and never got around to playing the Visual Novel..

Really started wanting to play it recently though :ph34r:

12 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Proof that anime tropes existed hundreds of years before anime was ever a thing:

Reveal hidden contents

That was funny, I think I'll check out that channel :ph34r:

I did some reading on Celtic mythology bach when I was doing an essay on fantasy for my finals three years ago but I definitely need some more reading...