Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Hmm, if you're an eldritch goddess of eccentricity, what about extreme boringness? Being trapped in a square room with off-white walls, beige furniture, and only lukewarm water to drink?

And.... nothing to read.

But, see, I can generate my own eccentricity out of pure nothingness.  That boring room won't stay boring for long.

Besides, I'm a writer.  Without stuff to read, I'll just create my own.  Even if I have to write it on the beige walls in my own blood. :P

K, seriously, need bed now.  Is late.

8 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

you mere mortals can comprehend without going mad

Cute. You think I'm a mere mortal. Even without my recent promotion I still outrank you. Granted, you're not in my department... But then I learned some secrets in fractional quaternional dimensions.

What your eccentricity is gonna help you when I project all the space around you through impossible 4200π/e dimensional dodecahedron with 15 faces which each one is a Klein's bottle, π*i edges and -e^e vertices? And back to your merely 6 dimensional space? (Ha, an integral amount of dimensions. Now that's something I haven't seen in a while :P)

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

Cute. You think I'm a mere mortal. Even without my recent promotion I still outrank you. Granted, you're not in my department... But then I learned some secrets in fractional quaternional dimensions.

What your eccentricity is gonna help you when I project all the space around you through impossible 4200π/e dimensional dodecahedron with 15 faces which each one is a Klein's bottle, π*i edges and -e^e vertices? And back to your merely 6 dimensional space? (Ha, an integral amount of dimensions. Now that's something I haven't seen in a while :P)

Well, if you can do all that, then certainly you're clever enough to navigate a three-dimensional sphere such that you can make it to some of Brandon's signings yourself.  Cause you still ain't getting my books. :P

5 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Aha! So, sleep is one of your weaknesses.

Is a start. :ph34r:

I enjoy sleep.  It's fun and educational!

10 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Oversleep did.  When he said he stabbed me.  :P

Besides, as an eldritch goddess of eccentricity, I am immune to stabbing, bending, folding, spindling, mutilating, dog-earing, magicking, chopping, burning, burninating, hitting, punching, kicking, elbowing, headbutting, shooting, bazookaing, getting blown up, and getting nuked.*

*Disclaimer:  this list is not comprehensive.

What about... pugs?

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Well, if you can do all that, then certainly you're clever enough to navigate a three-dimensional sphere such that you can make it to some of Brandon's signings yourself.

I'm prohibited from doing those kinds of things - I cannot influence my mortal shell in that way, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

I enjoy sleep.  It's fun and educational!

*starts looking for Sandman's phone number*

Where did I put that...

Edited by Oversleep

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

What about... pugs?

I think you're mixing me up with Twi.  We're brain-sisters, but we're not completely interchangeable.

59 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

I'm prohibited from doing those kinds of things - I cannot influence my mortal shell in that way, unfortunately.

Well, that's hardly my problem.

Now, if you continue to try to use arcane mathematics on me, I might just have to exercise my mod powers and go back and edit your posts to screw up your math. :P

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

W'yeah, but, like, her strength is your weakness sort of thing?

eh

I mean, I do have my weaknesses.  But this is an internet forum and not an actual Epic fight, so this whole thing is really getting quite silly.

Changing gears a bit...

I have a ton of stuff to get done in the next four days before my weekend trip.

• Must gather things for packing.  Need warm clothes, my best walking shoes, my hothands packs, and I need to put them all together so I don't forget anything.
  • Need to finish the crocheted kiwi bird project that's meant as a host gift for my Airbnb stay.  (Yes, I know, I'm weird but I've never done Airbnb before and I tend to err heavily on the side of SuperCrazySternEtiquette when presented with new situations.)
  • ALSO want to whip up something for the friend I'm going to be hanging out with.
  • Which reminds me!  I must also remember to take the Masquerade video from WorldCon.  Friend will want to see my performance.
  • Need to send out surveys and put together a work spreadsheet for all the tasks that need done for the Guests of Honor at ConQuesT this year.  I'm missing the monthly meeting for being out of town, so I need to send in some progress.
  • I should probably do laundry in there somewhere.
  • Another friend is coming over tomorrow night for me to study a jacket he's having trouble with and brainstorm good fixes.
  • Oh, and Thursday night is basically shot because there's a big work thing I have to go to that night.

This is why my sense of humor is on a low ebb, y'all.

4 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Time for another addition to COG'S TALES FROM THE HOSPITAL:

Last time, I told you all about the old woman I work with and how she causally admitted to growing marijuana and feeding it to her birds. Now, another elderly lady is causing trouble!

This woman was dropped off by the sheriffs to visit someone, and because she was old, they didn't check her for illegal materials. Lo and behold, this woman happened to be morbidly obese, and she pulled an 8-inch-knife out of her fat rolls, hence causing a Code Silver (armed person).

And that concluded this episode of COG'S TALES FROM THE HOSPITAL.

That's a better story than if she was hiding it in her bra :o

What was the knife *for*?!

6 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Time for another addition to COG'S TALES FROM THE HOSPITAL:

Last time, I told you all about the old woman I work with and how she causally admitted to growing marijuana and feeding it to her birds. Now, another elderly lady is causing trouble!

This woman was dropped off by the sheriffs to visit someone, and because she was old, they didn't check her for illegal materials. Lo and behold, this woman happened to be morbidly obese, and she pulled an 8-inch-knife out of her fat rolls, hence causing a Code Silver (armed person).

And that concluded this episode of COG'S TALES FROM THE HOSPITAL.

What the actual hell Cog

On 1/16/2017 at 7:27 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

After deciding to avoid most of my time-sink websites (TV Tropes, Cracked), I found myself in need of another go-to site to read during downtime at work, and stumbled upon Wait But Why.

See you all in a month or so. :mellow:

On 1/16/2017 at 9:08 AM, bleeder said:

I love Wait But Why.

I, too, love Wait But Why. It is delicious to me