Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Oh Colors of the Almighty, do you want something really random? Here are two Google Homes in conversation trying to pass the Turing test. It gets genuinely funny suprisingly often.

Here's reddit post with some of the highlights. (I also posted there)

EDIT: As I am typing that, they're tickling each other for like 3 minutes now :ph34r:

EDIT2: It's far more entertaining that I suspected. I'm listening to it like for half an hour now.

Edited by Oversleep

10 hours ago, Chasmfiend said:

I think I just got addicted to MLP. :mellow:

It's all 17thshard's fault. Along with everyone in it.

Although, I'm not sure it's a bad thing.,,

As long as you get enjoyment out of it, the fact that you like something can never be a bad thing.

4 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

The harm does not come from liking to kick puppies, it comes from actually hurting the puppies. Clearly you need to find a way to kick them without actually hurting any dogs.

Here's a pretty foolproof way to do that...

1) See puppy. 

2) Loudly say "Oh boy, a puppy! I'm gonna kick it!"

3) Raise foot to kick puppy. 

4) Be karate-chopped in the throat by someone with a cheerful purple pony as their avatar. 

5) Watch as this person flees with the puppy in their arms.  

:ph34r: 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Here's a pretty foolproof way to do that...

1) See puppy. 

2) Loudly say "Oh boy, a puppy! I'm gonna kick it!"

3) Raise foot to kick puppy. 

4) Be karate-chopped in the throat by someone with a cheerful purple pony as their avatar. 

5) Watch as this person flees with the puppy in their arms.  

:ph34r: 

Sounds like justice. :P

21 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Happy birthday, @Kestrel! Random fact for today: instead of "happy birthday", in Polish you wish somebody "a hundred years" (to live).

It's 12 °F and it keeps (and will keep) dropping. Some prognoses say it can be around -4 °F.

Now, where did I put that blanket...

I wish I could read the White Sand prose version, I'm checking my email several times a day :ph34r: How long does it usually take?

Not to upstage you, but in Hebrew we say "until a hundred and twenty years." This is because, according to tradition, Moses lived to be a hundred and twenty.

28 minutes ago, Pinnacle-Ferring said:

Not to upstage you, but in Hebrew we say "until a hundred and twenty years." This is because, according to tradition, Moses lived to be a hundred and twenty.

Interesting. Anybody else wants to share their language birthday wishes? :)

4 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

Oh my gosh that website banned me from chatting there for a month. Tbh, I might not even come back. They've pretty much isolated me now so its impossible to rp plan anyway. This is wild. This is nuts. I'm yelling.

Don't go back and if any friends want to join that site, tell them what happened so they can avoid it. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Don't go back and if any friends want to join that site, tell them what happened so they can avoid it. 

Yep. I'm gonna think on it but I doubt I'll be coming back, at least to the chat. The rp is nice but the chat is awful.

Honestly, I don't feel wanted anyway, so if they really don't want me there say so instead of dancing around it.

15 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

Yep. I'm gonna think on it but I doubt I'll be coming back, at least to the chat. The rp is nice but the chat is awful.

Honestly, I don't feel wanted anyway, so if they really don't want me there say so instead of dancing around it.

Yeah, I've had to leave bad online communities before, and I always wind up looking back and wondering why I didn't do it sooner. :/ Good on you for just ripping off the band-aid.