Bjori clambered across the rooftops of the heathen city, unseen and unheard. The blessings of Dakhor lended themselves well to the art of assassination. Normally, Hrathen and his associate would have gone to Rathbore to find an agent to assist them in their destabilization project, but Wyrn himself had decreed that a monk of Dakhor was appropriate for an operation of this magnitude.

His first target was Jaena, a prominent member of the rabble that led this country. Security at the senate was lax. The assassination should go off without a hitch. Bjori leaped onto a house closer to the senate, crept across its rooftop, and leaped again, his powerful muscles launching him a good fifteen meters to the top of the next building.

The Senatehouse was a massive round building, well-adorned and equipped with large glass windows. The Dula were a people fond of exhibition. Bjori alighted onto the street and fiddled with the long sword beneath his robes, making sure that it was hidden, then adopted a business-like swagger and walked through the front entrance, nodding to the guards as he passed them. They didn't even blink. For the sake of accessibility, senators had visiting hours that extended well into the night. Constituents passed through often, and as long as those constituents weren't particularly suspicious-looking, they weren't worth a security shakedown.

Bjori counted off hallways, then turned right as he reached the one that Senator Jaena worked in. A guard was by her door, which made Bjori hesitate for a moment before matter-of-factly pulling out his sword and chopping the heathen's head off. Blood sprayed out of his neck and spattered across the door.

Bjori tried the handle but found the door locked, so he kicked it down, his legs strengthened by the divine power of Jaddeth. Inside the room, Senator Jaena sat at a desk facing a man covered from head to toe in baubles and frills. Both stood up, shocked.

Bjori took a deep breath. "Let Jaddeth's will be done."

Jaimelecee was murdered by the Derethi Converts! She was a village Merchant!
No one was Recalled! The Senate now has four members: Elbereth, The Young Bard, Elenion, and Amanuensis!

Link to Senate Doc!

Player List:

1. Elbereth- Saoli
2. Mailliw- Reomaim
3. Cloudjumper- Kelron
4. The Young Bard- The Mysterious Figure
5. Ecthelion III- Aeleus
6. Orlok- Locke
7. Elodin- oaR
8. Straw- Straw
9. Conquestor- Lorienthe Mysteries Cultist Landlord
10. Eramit- Kolokolo Kolo
11. Metacognition- Meta
12. emilylime- Lime
13. Eolhandras- Eolhandras
14. Elenion- Ashkelon
15. Sart- Sart
16. Jaimelecee- Jaena Village Merchant
17. Amanuensis- Opalin
18. Seonid- Sheon Idris
19. Kipper- Kipper
Edited by Alvron

2 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

No RP in the write-up again? :(

Also, would you mind putting roles and alignments of the deceased in the player list?

I could give RP a shot.

Sure.

By the way, I would rather not say whether the roles and alignments were chosen or determined randomly.

"Ashkelon slept poorly, constantly awakened by the clink of coins falling onto the floor from under his mattress. It was a long night for him, plagued by fears created by the dreadful incident of the cult yesterday, further exacerbated by rumors of strange plans going into motion. Ashkelon was well-acquainted with such rumors; they seemed to follow him, as though his very personality enhanced their vitality. At least, that's what he preferred to think. Upon entering the senate building in the morning (slightly-late, as usual), he was struck by the silence that was there, the fear. His black, beady eyes scanned the room, counting faces. It did not take him long to realize that they were one senator short: Jaina. 'Jaina?' Ashkelon asked, unwilling to accept what his eyes saw, 'Where is Jaina?' But he already knew the answer: the only reason that could cause such a vibrant and argumentative group of senators to hang their heads in dread. A single senator met his gaze and shook their head, slowly. Ashkelon swore loudly."

Edited by Elenion

@Elenion--blue is reserved for talking about stuff that happens in real life (see the SE general rules).

Aeleus was the first to find the body in the morning--or at least, the first to get near it. He could always tell by the way the corpse was positioned, the way the blood pooled around it, whether it had been disturbed or not.

He stooped down low over the corpse, removing a vial from the folds of his cloak. As he reached down to collect some of the blood, the upper window of the house across from him opened, revealing a bleary-eyed woman.

"Hello," Aeleus said good-naturedly, raising a bloody hand to give a wave. "Pleasant morning, eh?"

The woman screamed and the shutters slammed closed. Aeleus frowned. Jittery around blood, these Dulas were.

Aeleus finished filling the vial and stood up, wiping his hands on his cloak. All around him, the villagers stared out from their homes, having heard the commotion and evidently wondering why there was a man standing over Jaina's body in the middle of the town square. There were perfectly logical reasons for that, of course, but the Dulas were rather, well, illogical folks. He casually strolled down the block to his home. He could use a shower.

@Elbereth (I don't know how to quote from another thread) To be entirely honest, I hadn't read through your post thoroughly and missed that bit '^^ My bad, but thanks for responding!

Does the election of a new Senator happen this cycle or the next night cycle?

Just now, emilylime said:

@Elbereth (I don't know how to quote from another thread) To be entirely honest, I hadn't read through your post thoroughly and missed that bit '^^ My bad, but thanks for responding!

Next night cycle

Just now, emilylime said:

We will elect a new senator next night, along with the possibility of adding a new one. Not to get too ahead of ourselves, but I think the new senator should be someone verified; someone we all (except the elims of course) can trust.

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

We will elect a new senator next night, along with the possibility of adding a new one. Not to get too ahead of ourselves, but I think the new senator should be someone verified; someone we all (except the elims of course) can trust.

Good idea.

There's not much to go on this early in the game, but I'm going to drop my vote on Master Elodin. All he's done so far this game is vote for Bard and then take it back when too many people bandwagoned onto it, but I get the feeling he's around.

Just now, cloudjumper said:

Good idea.

Well of course, coming from the guy whose identity is verified. But despite my early suspicions of you, you would indeed be my first vote (and second, if I had one).

1 minute ago, Ecthelion III said:

There's not much to go on this early in the game, but I'm going to drop my vote on Master Elodin. All he's done so far this game is vote for Bard and then take it back when too many people bandwagoned onto it, but I get the feeling he's around.

I hate to be that one bandwagoner, but I'm a bit suspicious of Elodin as well. However, I'm just poke-voting, and will withdraw if he defends himself adequately.

I don't know about @Eolhondras either. He's around, but has only posted once, and that was to tell the players to scan people inside the senate.

-

A moment of silence for @jaimeleecee, who just died simultaneously in both games. Now was not the time to fill your chromiummind.

Edited by Ecthelion III

1 minute ago, Ecthelion III said:

I don't know about @Eolhondras either. He's around, but has only posted once, and that was to tell the players to scan people inside the senate.

He's Australian so he's not active when many others are. However, a scan could settle who he is permanently.

Just now, Ecthelion III said:

Eh, I'd rather we scanned eramit.

Me too. They were pressing pretty hard for my lynch, so I'm kind of suspicious of them. I don't think that a real elim would actually do that though, because that could put a lot of suspicion on them. I think scan would be good, but not lynch.

1 minute ago, cloudjumper said:

Me too. They were pressing pretty hard for my lynch, so I'm kind of suspicious of them. I don't think that a real elim would actually do that though, because that could put a lot of suspicion on them. I think scan would be good, but not lynch.

And a scan would be good to identify if he's a good election candidate for tomorrow night. I'll go ahead and hit him with a scan vote on the senate doc.

16 hours ago, Elenion said:

And a scan would be good to identify if he's a good election candidate for tomorrow night. I'll go ahead and hit him with a scan vote on the senate doc.

I think if you will scan me you will miss an oppurtunity to scan an experienced player to make sure he will be a good and resourceful senator while scanning me (a new player) will help the senat to find a candidate who will not be a good senator.

But if you belive in me and my future abilities as a senator scan me.

Edit: forgot to put my vote on straw I also want to know why you voted for Elodin.

Edited by eramit
Forgot to put my vote on straw