Slight modification of the rules for meta-roles:

Wherever a meta-role says "Begins with another minor role," it should be replaced with "Begins with another role." There are no limitations or guarantees on which roles a meta-role may start out with.

Slight modification of the rules for meta-roles:

Wherever a meta-role says "Begins with another minor role," it should be replaced with "Begins with another role." There are no limitations or guarantees on which roles a meta-role may start out with.

So Hoid could be a stick?  :P 

That would be awesome.

Yep! Or rather, it has become so.

Do you mind if I quote it for my sig, because I absolutely love it.

I'm also planning on doing a lot of RP this game, so if anyone wants to start off RP on Roshar with me (I'm planning on a trip to the Rockeater peaks), you're welcome to join me.

Seonid, a question, do we get to choose what planet we start on, or is it decided for us?

Edited by AliasSheep

Do you mind if I quote it for my sig, because I absolutely love it.

Go ahead! 

Seonid, a question, do we get to choose what planet we start on, or is it decided for us?

I will be spreading the players out evenly across the planets, but if anyone has a request, post it in the thread. I cannot guarantee that I will honor all requests for starting planets, but I will take all of them into consideration when distributing players.

Also - announcement: I'm going to be working later than usual today, so signups are extended for two hours until I get back from work. Rollover will remain unchanged. This means that day 1 will be a few hours shorter than normal. Sorry - them's the breaks.

Go ahead! 

I will be spreading the players out evenly across the planets, but if anyone has a request, post it in the thread. I cannot guarantee that I will honor all requests for starting planets, but I will take all of them into consideration when distributing players.

Also - announcement: I'm going to be working later than usual today, so signups are extended for two hours until I get back from work. Rollover will remain unchanged. This means that day 1 will be a few hours shorter than normal. Sorry - them's the breaks.

Can I request to start on Roshar, purely for RP purposes?

Shard it.  It's player number 24.

Second of the Sky is signing up.  His utter failure to keep the Shard he had last time has him on the brink of being thrown out of the Collective.  And losing Edaan to Swift and Janco means his life is now on the line.  He has to bring back something of value.

Second is on First of the Sun as always.

I am however going to be fairly inactive for the first cycle or two.  I'll respond to PMs if any are sent but that will be about all until my game finishes.

All planet requests have been noted.

Trelagist, Burnt, leift, and Quiver, if you want to pick a name for your character, please do it before signups close. (Paranoid King specifically picked the name Unnamed Character 4).

8 hours left until signups close!

Edited by Seonid

I'll join up this once, give it a go. I've played Mafia before, so I think I know what I'm getting into.

Welcome, and glad to have you! Feel free to pick a name out, and to request a starting Shardworld if you like.

Kelen rubbed his forehead and looks over the list in front of him once more.  On it was shown all the supplies they'd need for the journey to the Horneater Peaks.  The journey itself wouldn't be particularly dangerous - apart from the crossing from Alethkar into Jah Keved, though Kelen hoped to avoid any dangerous border skirmishes - however it would need lots of equipment, from tents all the way to writing equipment.  Kelen intended to log his journey (though not let anyone know about it of course, heresy claims were so annoying to deal with) up to the pool as fully as he could.  He'd be the first Alethi, as far as he knew, to use the power that lay up there, so it would be a monumentous journey.  On the back of the paper was a continuation of the list that cut off after a few marks down the page, making way for a list of all the provisions they'd need.  A large amount of water, for sure, though they intended to stop and collect some from rivers periodically, replenishing their supplies that would, of course, run low very quickly.  The list for food was incredibly long, though Kelen supposed that on an expedition such as this all that food would be necessary.  The effort was worth it however, getting to the pool would be the greatest achievement of Kelen's life, and even then, would only be the beginning of his real trip.

Getting to the base of the peaks would take a few days at least, and then another few days to scale the intended peak.  Kelen found it ironic that they would take so long travelling a great distance across the land, and then spend just as long climbing upwards but a fraction of that distance.  T'was the nature of vertical distances he supposed, that they should take so much longer to cross than normal lengths.  It made sense in a way, fighting against gravity would certainly be a challenge.  It was a shame he wasn't a Windrunner; being able to lash everything upwards would reduce the journey time ridiculously.  Of course, if he was to be any Knight Radiant, the best for his purposes would be an Elsecaller.  But for now, he'd have to make do with this lake, the lake from which gods emerged, according to a rumour he'd heard in the warcamps, back when he'd cared about Highprince politics.  He had more important things on his mind now, certainly since the revelations he'd had in recent months.  Revelations that had turned his world upside down.  Or rather, expanded it.

He looked up and brushed his hand through his smooth hair, its length reaching just to his shoulders. A little longer than normal Alethi stock, but few mentioned anything to him about it.  Probably because of how little time he spent around them.  The hair was mostly blond but with a streak of red.  The blond was matched in brightness only by his eyes, a light grey.  He was a fairly high ranking lighteyes, though he cared little for that anymore.  His plans would still be carried out in his absence, yes, but he was now mostly indifferent to whether they succeeded or failed.  This trip was more important than all of them put together.  His eyes scanned the room, the grey orbs examining all the people around him, most working on loading supplies up.  Everything had been bought as necessary; the paper he held now was merely a check that everything had been purchased and had arrived at the storehouse.  It all had.  Most of the people here wouldn't be attending, only a few of his closest companions would, those to whom the secrets of the stars had also been revealed.  This was to be a very important trip indeed.

Anyone care to join me on my expedition to Honor's (presumably) shardpool?

Edited by AliasSheep

I would like to start on Scadrial as a Noble merchant. I also have a question, if Odium, Honor, or Autonomy choose the Troll as a champion does he stay on their side or does he keep changing sides?

The Troll switched to their side, and then immediately switches off it, but keeps the invested abilities, PM etc.

Hael, I'm using Roshar as shorthand for the Greater Roshar System, so if you want to start on Braize, that's fine. You'll be in the Roshar PM though. Let me know whether you want that or Sel.

Conquestor, Alias gave the correct answer to your question. Just thought I'd endow it with GM approval. A Scadrian noble will be just fine as a character. I'll put you down as requesting Scadrial. As long as I can evenly spread everyone across the 7 planets while still honoring all requests, I will. If I have to miss a few requests to make the starting planets even, I'll do that though.

My character is a Nalthian (because there don't seem to be enough of them) Rambleman, who goes by the name of Vathir. (Unless that's a problem?)

No problem for me! 

Edited by Seonid