Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

3 hours ago, Morzathoth said:

I mean, I also believe that humanity is giant race of super parasites and I generally dont like people, but my misanthropy aside... Yes, pretty much that.

Well, you like US. :D

52 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Coincidentally, it's a breakdown of the "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" from Assassin's Creed :ph34r:

I took it more from the Angel episode "Epiphany":  "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters IS what we do."

And now I'm going to properly random up the thread with a Japanese man yodeling in German to his favorite chickens:

36 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Well, you like US. :D

I took it more from the Angel episode "Epiphany":  "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters IS what we do."

And now I'm going to properly random up the thread with a Japanese man yodeling in German to his favorite chickens:

That I do XD You are cool, we should conversate more often...

That was beautiful XD

I started rewriting my second Skyverea chapter, the one I had wasnt working, I have written a fair bit already, but it is all world building. Im really just writing world building because I have no idea where I am going...

19 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Sometimes I think I should try to connect with people my own age more, but then I remind myself what are you thinking your favorite conversation topic is politics of the late 1700s, so.

...Hey, anybody interested in the politics of the late 1700s? :P

Possibly. What country?

(I'm researching a story that'll either be steampunk or Age of Exploration-y so....) :D 

Also what it your profile pic and what is the story behind it? Knowing you, it'll be a good one. :)

Edited by Delightful

20 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

Sometimes I think I should try to connect with people my own age more, but then I remind myself what are you thinking your favorite conversation topic is politics of the late 1700s, so.

Maybe. Why is that your favorite conversation topic?

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

Possibly. What country?

(I'm researching a story that'll either be steampunk or Age of Exploration-y so....) :D 

Also what it your profile pic and what is the story behind it? Knowing you, it'll be a good one. :)

Mostly France, Britain, and America, because it's kinda hard to just learn about one. They go together.

My profile pic is Clint Barton, AKA Hawkeye, from the Fraction run of his comics. I changed it to him to accurately represent my emotional  and physical state with homecoming and homework and whatnot. :P

I can identify with Hawkeye a little too closely.

4128335-7065079024-tumbl-1.jpg

Also, the Fraction run is really good and I highly recommend it. It's basically Clint sitting around in his apartment but still managing to be awesome and it has an issue from the viewpoint of a dog. If that doesn't convince you to read it I don't know what will. (It also features Kate Bishop. She's fabulous.)

3 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Maybe. Why is that your favorite conversation topic?

It's such an interesting time period! We have America winning freedom from England and starting to set up its government: an unprecedented democracy. That in and of itself I could talk about for days. Besides that, we have another revolution happening in France- one that did not end as well. Why did one lead to the creation of a new republic and the other degrade into a senseless bloodbath? What defines a successful revolution? On top of all that, there's yet another revolution in Britian- an industrial one. There's so much good and bad mixed into that that it makes a great debate topic.

All of those events happening at once mixed with some exciting wars and some of the most brilliant political minds, in my opinion, ever,  makes for some pretty interesting politics.

Edited by Mistrunner

13 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

A picture of a couple happy kittehs! (Specifically, a couple of John Scalzi's happy kittehs!)

26314336664_b83cbb971c_h.jpg

So that's where slazenger and puma got their logos.

Yay! Comics! So what exactly are y'all talking about in terms of comics??

@Mistrunner I had no idea you were into comics as wel!! I read the Fraction run of Hawkeye as well (just Vol.1). I like Fraction's Iron-man run as well.

Have any of you read Marvel 1602? It's storming amazing, a really refreshing new look on the marvel universe in the 17th century (the 17 should convince you all)

EDIT_ What the storms happened to @ChickenPlague? Haven't seen him in ages

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

51 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

So that's where slazenger and puma got their logos.

Yay! Comics! So what exactly are y'all talking about in terms of comics??

@Mistrunner I had no idea you were into comics as wel!! I read the Fraction run of Hawkeye as well (just Vol.1). I like Fraction's Iron-man run as well.

Have any of you read Marvel 1602? It's storming amazing, a really refreshing new look on the marvel universe in the 17th century (the 17 should convince you all)

EDIT_ What the storms happened to @ChickenPlague? Haven't seen him in ages

What the marvel universe looked like in the 17rh century, or modern characters in that setting?

21 minutes ago, Delightful said:

What the marvel universe looked like in the 17rh century, or modern characters in that setting?

Na, just a whole screwed up time-continuum distortion thing, where all the mutants, heroes and gods began manifesting and awakening in the 17th century, any more would spoil it.

11 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Yes, me! Post-Colonial America, Revolutionary France, and Just-Got-Dumped England are amazing! Not to mention the onset of the Industrial Revolution?

Edited by bleeder

1 minute ago, Slowswift said:

I can barely play the piano I have very little musical training why do I think I can arrange songs

Could I ask you all, both those musically talented and those not, to check this out and tell me what you think of it? Thanks. :) 

That's a gorgeous piece. You did that?

Just now, bleeder said:

It's awesome!

Now if I could only figure out how to write song lyrics.

I could compose epic ballads of guitar, piano, mandolin, even! If I only had the words.

Thanks again. :D

Yeah, I can't really do lyrics either. With time, maybe, but I'm not one who can spin poetry at the drop of a hat. :/

Mandolin?