Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I just learned that there is a town in Arizona called Catfish Paradise, and now I'm imagining it in a song a la "Ganster's/Amish Paradise." :mellow:

I am also imagining the moment Ding Dong, TX was named and it is amusing me. :lol: 

Been spending mosta their lives, livin' in a Catfish Paradise. 

I hear the weather's pretty nice, when you're in a Catfish Paradise.

I love weird town names...

Just now, bleeder said:

Been spending mosta their lives, livin' in a Catfish Paradise. 

I hear the weather's pretty nice, when you're in a Catfish Paradise.

I love weird town names...

So many of those sound like people confused "What should we name our town?" for "I'm going to McDonalds, want anything?"

3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So many of those sound like people confused "What should we name our town?" for "I'm going to McDonalds, want anything?"

Accident, Maryland.

Boring, Tennessee (which is a lot of towns here, to be honest.)

Eighty-Four, Pennsylvania.

Embarrass, Minnesota.

George, Washington.

Goodenough Island, Papua New Guinea.

Half.com, Oregon.

Intercourse, Pennsylvania.

Mount Despair, Nevada.

Nameless, Tennessee.

Nothing, Arizona.

No Name, Colorado.

Normal, Illinois.

Pity Me, Durham, England.

Point No Point, Washington.

Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha!, Ontario.

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.

Why, Arizona.

Zzyzx, California.

And, my personal favorite:

Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu, New Zealand.

There's also a Golconda, Illinois.  This caused much hilarity back in college and we were all playing Vampire: the Masquerade.

Missouri just likes to steal other cities' names.  Mexico, Cuba, Venice, New London, Versailles (do NOT ask how it's pronounced - you won't like the answer).  There's even a Texas County whose county seat is Houston.

And me?  I grew up in Memphis, MO.  It's in Scotland County, just 20 miles down the road from Lancaster.  Another one of our school rivals was Milan (also a cringeworthy pronunication).

Night Vale: 

Spoiler

Intern Danielle shares my first name.

She also did exactly what I would've done as a Night Vale Community Radio intern (assume she's doomed, refuse any field reporting, and eventually leave when forced to take endless pictures of a floating cat).

This is a little eerie. :mellow: 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Night Vale: 

Hide contents

Intern Danielle shares my first name.

She also did exactly what I would've done as a Night Vale Community Radio intern (assume she's doomed, refuse any field reporting, and eventually leave when forced to take endless pictures of a floating cat).

This is a little eerie. :mellow: 

What is Night Vale, exactly?

9 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Twi lies.

It is a community radio station. Night Vale is 100% real and authentic. As a former radio intern, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles is under pressure from a vague yet menacing government conspiracy to perpetuate the lie that it isn't real.

@Quiver! STAHP! You're going to get Station Management demanding I leave the site! :o 

Steven Universe:

Yellowtail: *Incoherent mumbling*

Sour Cream: It is too a viable career! 80 percent of Germans make their living DJing! Why can't you just accept that I don't want to be a fishermen like you?

Edited by Oversleep

Have you ever wondered why my scary stories are so awesome? I just took a nightly walk and I think the answer is: "Because I am scared of everything"

I decided to walk down the hill towards the school, realized that there is a small factory of somekind next to it. I have lived here for years so of course I knew it was there, I just havent realized how bizarre it is to have a small industrial building on a parking lot right next to a school before. I walked around on the school grounds for a minute, decide to sit in the gazebo that is for some reason on the playground, who puts a gazebo on a playground, seriously? I however dont go near it as it is obviously cursed or whatever. On my way back up the hill again a cat starts mewling at me, now my first reaction is to pet it, it is a cat, but it is also way past midnight and this is their domain. I will be cursed or something if I pet it. As I keep walking I see another cat, just chilling on the side walk, staring at me. I thought it was the same cat as previously for a minute. It wasnt, that would have made me even more paranoid. And finally, about 50 meters or so away from home there is a black cat, just looking at me.

In review I was paranoid about

1. An industrial building
  2. A gazebo
  3. Cats

2 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

Have you ever wondered why my scary stories are so awesome? I just took a nightly walk and I think the answer is: "Because I am scared of everything"

I decided to walk down the hill towards the school, realized that there is a small factory of somekind next to it. I have lived here for years so of course I knew it was there, I just havent realized how bizarre it is to have a small industrial building on a parking lot right next to a school before. I walked around on the school grounds for a minute, decide to sit in the gazebo that is for some reason on the playground, who puts a gazebo on a playground, seriously? I however dont go near it as it is obviously cursed or whatever. On my way back up the hill again a cat starts mewling at me, now my first reaction is to pet it, it is a cat, but it is also way past midnight and this is their domain. I will be cursed or something if I pet it. As I keep walking I see another cat, just chilling on the side walk, staring at me. I thought it was the same cat as previously for a minute. It wasnt, that would have made me even more paranoid. And finally, about 50 meters or so away from home there is a black cat, just looking at me.

In review I was paranoid about

1. An industrial building
  2. A gazebo
  3. Cats

Precaution is not paranoia. .Gazebos are known to be deadly.

11 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Precaution is not paranoia. .Gazebos are known to be deadly.

I once worked myself up about elevators and made my friend ride it with me to the top floor of a mostly empty building cause I was scared to go alone.

Elevator game, anyone?

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome-psyapi2&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&q=elevator game&oq=elevator game&rlz=1CASMAI_enUS703US703&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3072j0j7&safe=active&ssui=on

I know it's fake but my unconscious mind doesn't.

Edited by bleeder

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

I once worked myself up about elevators and made my friend ride it with me to the top floor of a mostly empty building cause I was scared to go alone.

Elevator game, anyone?

I had no idea that the Elevator Game was real. I only heard of it through Tanis:mellow:

glowc.jpg

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles

A̲͐̈́͊̂ͭͯͩ̇̕͟ͅL̛̰̥̙̱̹̭̩͚͓ͨͯ͘L̛̬̪̟̦̳͙ͯ͌̄̉͗͊ͣ̍͘ 
̧̼̱̝͙͉̣̏ͧͥ̆̓̾̐ͤ͠Hͤ͑̎ͥ͌̍̓͌҉͖̟̰̤̀A͖̘̠̘ͪͩ̾͆̕͝I̍̊҉͚̫̯͍̗̖̞̟͢L̴̡͈̱͔̥̻̥ͩ͋ͅ 
̴̙͔̾̈́̓͑̐̃ͤ̇̀̕T̰̾̃̽͗ͪ̂ͅH̠̹̹͉͔͚̱̆́ͬͭ̈́ͬ͝E̶̢̗̯̗͔̘ͤ̀͒̾͢ 
͎̤͍̣̻͔͈̽̑̿̅ͪ̅ͫͪ̑͘M̴͉̜̬͚̙̹͎͖͓̓ͫ̒͛̀I̢̙̘̟̙̤̠̠̐ͥ̃̾ͦ͡G̡͙̞͐̈̀͋ͮͧ͑ͧ̚͝H̞͔̮̙̗̱͍͛̚T̠͍̥̖̦̾̀̚̕Y̰̱̼͍̙͙͍̎̉͡
ͤ̏̓͆̓͏̛͚̠̩͇̼G̛̼͇̜̱͎̦̻̼̎ͮ̎́͐͂͢͝L̛̩͖͗́͆͝O͌̎͆͋ͩ͏҉̺̳͉̮̮̙̱W͂ͨ҉͙̗̜͎̜͈̹̫ 
̸̡͖͍̌Ç̴͎̥̜̣̠͈͔̈̐ͪ̈ͩ̃͊L͍͔̹̲͎͗̏ͤ̀ͅÒ̵ͥ͆̓̏͒̒͟͏̺̜̮̰̬Uͩͪ͑ͪ͆͏͔͈̪͍̙͈͠͠ͅD̸̞̥̮̿ͧ̂̉̾ͭ

Edited by bleeder