Oh, I have some very good reasons for what I'm doing. I'm not sure you'll like them. :P It amuses me that you think that who gets lynched will change anything, though :)

Hael pls. There's only so much psyche out eliminator I can take in one game *stares at Joe*

Hael pls. There's only so much psyche out eliminator I can take in one game *stares at Joe*

Sorry. But it's just so fun!

But anyway, I'm not actually Ryuk. I've actually a regular village. 3 cycles ago, Arraenae contacted me, suggesting I fake-claim Ryuk to Joe, who had said Ryuk hadn't contacted them yet. I did this, and so started talking to Joe. I was making some progress - I had succesfully answered his checks, I'd brought Elb in on the plan as my "Holder" to replace Hellscythe. The cycle that Joe ended up dying, initially the plan had been to kill Cloud, so I contacted him to make sure he protected himself, but got him to help me continue the charade of being Ryuk. In the end, they changed their mind at the last minute to kill Joe. But through all this, Rem hadn't got around to contacting me directly. I think they forgot? But they have now, so Bugsy

So yeah, that's why I trusted Elb and Rae - Rae was villager when she suggested the idea (Hellscythe hadn't died yet). It wasn't until the next cycle that she might have been made holder. I was slightly suspicious of her at that point. Burnt I info dumped to, in case Elb, Rae and I all died. 

Edit:

Vote Tally
Bugsy(3): Straw, Elb,Hael 
Burnt(1): Cloud
Straw(2): Alias, Bugsy

And yeah, you should be able to verify my story with Elb, Burnt and Cloud. 
Edited by Haelbarde

Sorry. But it's just so fun!

But anyway, I'm not actually Ryuk. I've actually a regular village. 3 cycles ago, Arraenae contacted me, suggesting I fake-claim Ryuk to Joe, who had said Ryuk hadn't contacted them yet. I did this, and so started talking to Joe. I was making some progress - I had succesfully answered his checks, I'd brought Elb in on the plan as my "Holder" to replace Hellscythe. The cycle that Joe ended up dying, initially the plan had been to kill Cloud, so I contacted him to make sure he protected himself, but got him to help me continue the charade of being Ryuk. In the end, they changed their mind at the last minute to kill Joe. But through all this, Rem hadn't got around to contacting me directly. I think they forgot? But they have now, so Bugsy.

So yeah, that's why I trusted Elb and Rae - Rae was villager when she suggested the idea (Hellscythe hadn't died yet). It wasn't until the next cycle that she might have been made holder. I was slightly suspicious of her at that point. Burnt I info dumped to, in case Elb, Rae and I all died.

Edit:

Vote Tally

Bugsy(3): Straw, Elb,Hael

Burnt(1): Cloud

Straw(2): Alias, Bugsy

And yeah, you should be able to verify my story with Elb, Burnt and Cloud.

I'm tempted to believe you, especially since Bugsy had essentially voteblocked without me realising it.

Elbe did also say something about you being trustworthy and something to do with PMs.

I think I'm going to retract my vote on Strawman. I'd like to stay without a vote, to be honest, but I don't like the idea of the vote being blocked by Bugsy or Burnt. So I'll vote for Bugsy

But through all this, Rem hadn't got around to contacting me directly. I think they forgot? But they have now, so Bugsy

If you're implying that I've contacted you and claimed to be Rem, that's a blatant lie. If you actually mean that Rem has now contacted you and the 3 of you are pooling votes on me, that may very well be true. Either way, you're suspicious enough I'm nearly certain you're an eliminator in some capacity. Strawman Hael

Seriously guys, think about it. I get 2 poke votes that aren't lifted after I post, then someone else votes on me using evidence that can be verified largely by one of the people who haven't yet lifted their vote (Elb). If the Elims are trying to stack a vote, I'd be a logical choice because I had 2 votes on me already, despite those votes not being grounded in information. Also, the person accusing me is the same person who literally claimed to be evil in a previous post, saying that the revelation didn't matter towards the end game, then quickly backtracked into saying it was a ruse, probably having realized they played their hand early.

I can confirm that the fakeclaiming to Joe happened. I seriously doubt he was an eliminator at that point, at least (why involve me in such a scheme at all with no real benefit, if both other people involved are eliminators?), and I'm still more inclined to trust him than you, Bugsy. This does seem like something he would do. He's definitely not Ryuk or Rem now. They'd never do such a thing, I don't think. He could be a Holder, but I am much more inclined to believe him, and I think this is the best chance we have to win.

Day Eight: Kira Rules the World

Sorry folks, no write up this time. :(

Ryuk, Rem and their Holders have won.  Congratulations.  The world shall be a safer place with you watching over it.  All Hail Kira.

Trelagist - T has been written out of the game.  He was a Civilian.
Bugsy6912 - Akiyama was lynched.  He was a
Civilian.

Vote Tally:
Bugsy (4): Hael, Elbereth, Cloud, Straw
Hael (1): Bugsy
Burnt (1): Cloud

Player List:

1: Metacognition - M Corrupt Police Officer
2: Elbereth - Elbe Oniel Rem
3: The Only Joe - Joseph Busshu Civilian Death Note Holder (The first Misa Misa)
4: Mailliw73 - Maokani Civilian
5: Master Elodin - Alexander Notlimah Police Officer
6: TheMightyLopen - Frank B. Ingram Police Officer
7: Burnt Spaghetti - Sumiko Civilian
8: Haelbarde - Hal Heatherlocke Civilian Death Note Holder (The Second Misa Misa)
9: AliasSheep - Kai Lo Civilian Death Note Holder (Recruited on last day)
10: Cloudjumper - Huko Police Officer
11: Conquestor - Con L
12: Trelagist - T Civilian
13: Amanuensis - Yushi Kurimura Corrupt Police Officer
14: ThatTinyStrawMan - Straw Ryuk
15: DeathClutch19 - Mello Civilian
16: Hellscythe - Ryuzaki Death Note Holder (The First Kira)
17: Weaving Webs - Near Civilian
18: Mark IV - Mitai Civilian
19: Arraenae - Rikku Civilian Death Note Holder (Died same day as recruited)
20: LUNA - Tsuki Serial Killer
21: Bugsy6912 - Akiyama Civilian
22: RippleGylf - Gylf Civilian

Secret Role Stuff:

Ryuk:  You are a shinigami, a death god.  You have grown bored with ‘life’ in your world and have come to the realm of the living for some fun.  Each cycle you may recruit another player by giving them the Death Note.  You can only have one recruit at a time.  Should your follower die then you can recruit another the following cycle if you want.  Either you or the Death Note Holder can send in orders to kill another player but you cannot recruit and kill on the same cycle.
Note: If you are killed then you will also kill your follower as your final act before heading back to your realm.

Hidden Passive: You can survive one kill attempt including the Lynch.

Rem:  You are a shinigami, a death god.  You have grown bored with ‘life’ in your world and have come to the realm of the living for some fun.  Each cycle you may recruit another player by giving them the Death Note.  You can only have one recruit at a time.  Should your follower die then you can recruit another the following cycle if you want.  Either you or the Death Note Holder can send in orders to kill another player but you cannot recruit and kill on the same cycle.
Note: If you are killed then you will also kill your follower as your final act before heading back to your realm.
Hidden Passives: You can survive one kill attempt including the Lynch.  You also won’t show up as Guilty until you or your recruit kills someone.

Edited by Alvron

And Alv, there's going to be a next time?  :o

Maybe.  Will need some revision like only letting Rem have one follower.  But then people will expect Rem to be in the game so...

Maybe.  Will need some revision like only letting Rem have one follower.  But then people will expect Rem to be in the game so...

Which means that Ryuk will get two followers instead!

:ph34r:

Good job to StrawMan and Elbereth! I'm stil very confused as to why you killed Hellscythe though.

I have no idea. I forgot to ask, so I'm rabidly curious to read the Ryuk doc now.

Also, thanks so much for locking the doc in midsentence, Alv.

Edited by Elbereth

Also, props to Amanuensis and Luna for being the only players to die before I knew their role.

And Alv, there's going to be a next time?  :o

You knew my role? I only ever told Hellscythe and that was about 4 hours before I was killed.

I would love to play this again! :D

Nice job El and Strawman! You both did a really good job of keeping players attention off of you. That was a pretty resounding victory, so kudos to you both.

I must say, I most enjoyed this game, and being able to work with both Hael and Joe in the same game. This was a blast, and I'm very happy I managed to pull it off. For what I consider to be my first actual eliminator game, I'm very pleased with what happened.

Thanks to everyone who trusted me. :P Your support was very much appreciated.

Props to Bugsy, for handling Hael's accusation of him very well. Congrats to Hael for severely inconveniencing us with the fakeclaiming plan until I converted him. Apologies to Con, for taking advantage of your trust. You did very well for your first game, as did Cloud. Also, props to Sheep for his analysis of me. It was actually quite accurate.

Particular thanks to Alv for GMing such a great game (and, as usual, terrifying me in the process...). I particularly liked how not even Ryuk knew everything that was actually going on. Secret roles, when done right as they were in this game, are amazing. Sorry for helping to lynch LUNA. :P

Great game, everyone! I look forward to playing with all of you again!

Wait, if I got recruited on the last day, does this count as a win for me, or a loss? Or even better, does it count as both? Regardless, I'm glad I manager to survive to the end, even if it was by being ridiculously manipulated by Hael and Elbe, sorry Bugsy!

Counts as a win, technically. You got lucky!

Well, to be fair, you did have very good reasons to trust us. I'd literally lynched a Holder the day before, and advocated for Joe staying alive the whole time, and whatever else I did that made me trusted. But... well. That trust was unfortunately slightly misplaced. :) You'll do better next time, I'm sure.

Paranoia is the key. Many, many levels of ever-deepening paranoia and mistrust. Ask Alv about it sometime. I'm sure he'd be happy to teach you its value. Or better yet, ask Gamma, since he's back! :P

Edited by Elbereth