...Why the heck would being a murderer make you more likely to get targeted? That makes absolutely no sense. If anything, the eliminators would keep you alive as long as possible, to provide cover for them (since you scan as Guilty) and even potentially get suspected for scanning as Guilty. And they'd be much more likely to want to convert you, too, if you did start out as innocent, because you'd have the cover of being a Murderer since the beginning of the game. And you even told Joe your role. If you weren't an eliminator to start with, I'd say you have a high chance of having been converted since then.

I'm definitely in favor of lynching Rae this cycle, now.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Hael. Oops. My skills are slipping...

Edited by Elbereth

From my few interactions with Burnt, it seems unlikely she's evil (although in saying this, chances are she's most definitely evil). I trust that cloudjumper is what he says he is, and Joe basically confirmed with the way he followed my vote that Cloud isn't Rem. Trelagist i reckon is also cleared from being Rem.

I'd also tend to think Elb and Arraenae aren't Shinigami, for a couple of reasons that I can go into next cycle.

That leaves you, sheep, as well as Bugsy and strawman.

At the moment, I reckon that one of straw and bugsy is Rem. So I'm going to vote bugsy

I don't see the rationale behind waiting a cycle to share info. It makes it so I can't defend myself from your accusation (which I would be more than happy to do if you would explain your reasoning) and doesn't serve to protect you whatsoever. In fact, announcing to the Eliminators that you have info is simply going to get you killed before you have a chance to reveal it, assuming the info is credible. You also base your analysis on Joe's actions, assuming he wouldn't have followed your vote so late in the cycle had Cloud been his ally, but from my knowledge of Joe based on MR14, he is definitely not beyond staging events to clear his allies of suspicion.

I'm currently torn between Hael, because of his attempt to cast suspicion baselessly, promising evidence sometime in the future, and Arraenae, for false claiming in the beginning. Actually, come to think of it, having roleclaimed to Joe and still having not been killed is slightly suspicious in and of itself. I'm leaning towards Hael, however, largely because I can see some of the rationale behind Arraenae's actions

Edited by Bugsy6912

Sheep, I'll try finish responding to your post.

I think I will actually shift my vote from Bugsy to Rae. Rae asked me to trust her and do something for her, and I did, and I trusted her with my role. It surprises me that she'd fake claim to me. I also have few reasons relating to stuff I'll reveal next cycle (which I have told two other players, in case I die/get converted this turn) which could point to Rae being evil, if not a Shinigami, at least Ryuk's new Holder (Hellscythe's replacement).

Edit: :ph34r: 'd by Bugsy. As I said, two other players know all the details about what it is I have to say. It'll make it to thread whether or not I die or am converted.

Edited by Haelbarde

Sheep, I'll try finish responding to your post.

I think I will actually shift my vote from Bugsy to Rae. Rae asked me to trust her and do something for her, and I did, and I trusted her with my role. It surprises me that she'd fake claim to me. I also have few reasons relating to stuff I'll reveal next cycle (which I have told two other players, in case I die/get converted this turn) which could point to Rae being evil, if not a Shinigami, at least Ryuk's new Holder (Hellscythe's replacement).

Well, you've just addressed most of my concerns I voiced less than a minute ago. HaelRae Edited by Bugsy6912

...Why the heck would being a murderer make you more likely to get targeted?

Because not all plans my brain comes up with are good ones, especially if they're spur of the moment plans I think up of while walking home and decide to execute right away instead of poking through them for flaws.

Hael, to be honest, I didn't particularly trust you. I randomly picked someone who wasn't me because I didn't think Joe would trust me if I did it. I thought that if by some chance I picked an eliminator, I might as well be consistent with my claim to Joe.

This is a horrible job of defending myself, huh? I'm sad I'm dying, but at least I'll be able to find the answer to everything I've been trying to get Joe to answer, and have time for LG21.

My skills of dying right before I get busy is really inconvenient at times.

EDIT: quote repetition.  Oh well, I've learned stuff about attempting gambits. And hopefully I'll learned how to be a better villager.

Edited by Arraenae

Because not all plans my brain comes up with are good ones, especially if they're spur of the moment plans I think up of while walking home and decide to execute right away instead of poking through them for flaws.

Hael, to be honest, I didn't particularly trust you. I randomly picked someone who wasn't me because I didn't think Joe would trust me if I did it. I thought that if by some chance I picked an eliminator, I might as well be consistent with my claim to Joe.

This is a horrible job of defending myself, huh? I'm sad I'm dying, but at least I'll be able to find the answer to everything I've been trying to get Joe to answer, and have time for LG21.

My skills of dying right before I get busy is really inconvenient at times.

EDIT: quote repetition.  Oh well, I've learned stuff about attempting gambits. And hopefully I'll learned how to be a better villager.

I am sorry if we're wrong. I'm really confused about everything right now. 

Last thoughts here: paranoia has been saying that Elb might be an eliminator. Hael can provide elaboration. Paranoia might be wrong.

Another game to go towards the death streak... I almost thought I could survive this one. Pity, I shouldn't have tried being clever with my role. Problems arise when I'm clever enough to make a plan but not clever enough to find the holes in it.

EDIT: Bye. See you from the dead doc.

Edited by Arraenae

Day Seven: And then there were Eight

Office of the Edogawa Regional Police Bureau

Date and Hour of Investigation:
05/15/2016; 1900 by
Inspector Tomomi Tsuchiya
6 Chome-6-13, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3687-8021 (FAX 3-3687-8021)

Investigative Agency: Kanagawa Regional Police Bureau Homicide Division
Case #: 876659

Name: Rikku
Date of Birth: March 14, 1989
Race: S. American - Venezuela
Body Identified by: DNA swab. Suspect had arrest warrants in seven (7) districts.

Location of Subject:
Subject located at the intersection of Naka-Kasai 1-chome

Evidence Collected:
Forty Eight (48) photographs

Thirty One (31) swabs from various locations
Five (5) Butterfly knives - various
Three (3) Kunai Throwing Knives
Two (2) standard fingerprint cards
One (1) Schrade Needle Ultra Slim Discreet Boot Knife
One(1) Pen Knife
One (1) pearl handled straight razor
One (1) TASER X26P taser

Witnesses:
Sumiko

Elbe Oniel
Akiyama

Opinion:
Time of Death: 1800
Cause of Death: Blunt Force Trauma
Manner of Death: Homicide

Vote Tally:
Arraenae (3): Bugsy, Burnt, Elbereth
Hael (1): AliasSheep

Arraenae - Rikku was lynched.  She was a
Death Note Holder.

1: Metacognition - M Corrupt Police Officer
2: Elbereth - Elbe Oniel
3: The Only Joe - Joseph Busshu Death Note Holder
4: Mailliw73 - Maokani Civilian
5: Master Elodin - Alexander Notlimah Police Officer
6: TheMightyLopen - Frank B. Ingram Police Officer
7: Burnt Spaghetti - Sumiko
8: Haelbarde - Hal Heatherlocke
9: AliasSheep - Kai Lo
10: Cloudjumper - Huko
11: Conquestor - Con L
12: Trelagist - T
13: Amanuensis - Yushi Kurimura Corrupt Police Officer
14: ThatTinyStrawMan - Straw
15: DeathClutch19 - Mello Civilian
16: Hellscythe - Ryuzaki Death Note Holder
17: Weaving Webs - Near Civilian
18: Mark IV - Mitai Civilian
19: Arraenae - Rikku Death Note Holder
20: LUNA - Tsuki Serial Killer
21: Bugsy6912 - Akiyama
22: RippleGylf - Gylf Civilian
Edited by Alvron

Good points on Arraenae, though I went to sleep before most of them were up.  I don't think I should have tried to stay up that late anyway, regardless.

Elbereth, about Hael not replying, it was as he had made some other replies after my post, but not replied to mine - but that's immaterial now that he has actually replied to it.

RE: Village roles.  I guess since this was before we knew Rem existed, there's some validity there, though I'm still not comfortable with the idea of having everyone reveal their roles.

Oh, got it, Sheep. Never mind that, then.

Right. So as Hael mentioned, we are at 5:3 right now. Which is really, really tight. The eliminators get a conversion (making it 4:4) plus a kill. Which is 4:3. If we don't lynch an eliminator, we lose the game tonight. If we lynch a Holder, it'll still be tied. So we really need to lynch Rem or Ryuk (whichever doesn't currently have a Holder, probably Ryuk), killing two eliminators at once, in order to have a chance.

So, then. Looking at our options.

Cloud is fairly cleared in my eyes, with the whole police thing plus Joe's willingness to jump on him.

Trelagist is also soft-cleared, although less so. He's probably not Rem, but he could have been converted (or, depending on the timing of when Ryuk claimed, he could be Ryuk).

I haven't seen much evidence from Burnt either way. I could see her being Ryuk, potentially.

Hael I trust a little bit, based on things that happened in PMs. I think he's going to reveal those today, so I'll let him do that.

Sheep... I doubt Sheep is Ryuk or Rem. He could be a Holder, but I don't think he's a shinigami. So I'd vote we don't lynch him today, even if he is a Holder, because we need to focus on the Shinigami now.

ThatTiny I have no idea. He's made, what, maybe four posts throughout this game? That's not much to go off of. Could be Ryuk, could be Rem, could be Holder. Same thing with Bugsy. I just can't tell.

Looking at that... I guess I'll add some pressure to Bugsy to post.

Edited by Elbereth

Right. So as Hael mentioned, we are at 5:3 right now. Which is really, really tight. The eliminators get a conversion (making it 4:4) plus a kill. Which is 4:3. If we don't lynch an eliminator, we lose the game tonight. If we lynch a Holder, it'll still be tied. So we really need to lynch Rem or Ryuk (whichever doesn't currently have a Holder, probably Ryuk), killing two eliminators at once, in order to have a chance.

Cloud is fairly cleared in my eyes, with the whole police thing plus Joe's willingness to jump on him.

Trelagist is also soft-cleared, although less so. He's probably not Rem, but he could have been converted (or, depending on the timing of when Ryuk claimed, he could be Ryuk).

I haven't seen much evidence from Burnt either way. I could see her being Ryuk, potentially.

Hael I trust a little bit, based on things that happened in PMs. I think he's going to reveal those today, so I'll let him do that.

Sheep... I doubt Sheep is Ryuk or Rem. He could be a Holder, but I don't think he's a shinigami. So I'd vote we don't lynch him today, even if he is a Holder, because we need to focus on the Shinigami now.

ThatTiny I have no idea. He's made, what, maybe four posts throughout this game? That's not much to go off of. Could be Ryuk, could be Rem, could be Holder. Same thing with Bugsy. I just can't tell.

So why would you want to lynch Bugsy? Adding pressure on someone to post may not be a good idea in what could be the last cycle we have. Look, you've already narrowed it down to Burnt, Straw, and Bugsy, with Bugsy being less likely to be Ryuk or Rem than Burnt, both others being less active. Why aren't you voting for her?

Elbe, you got any thoughts on Burnt?

So why would you want to lynch Bugsy? Adding pressure on someone to post may not be a good idea in what could be the last cycle we have. Look, you've already narrowed it down to Burnt, Straw, and Bugsy, with Bugsy being less likely to be Ryuk or Rem than Burnt, both others being less active. Why aren't you voting for her?

I'm split evenly between her and Bugsy and Strawman. And Bugsy already had a vote on him, so I decided to add to that. Two votes on a single person is much more useful than one vote on two people. If I had voted on Burnt, she could have just come on and vote for Bugsy and freed herself from the lynch really easily. Bugsy actually had to respond.

That said, you've now voted on Burnt, so I could go either way. I'll keep my vote on Bugsy for now, though, because I do want to encourage him to post more.

Alias, I stated my thoughts briefly, but basically I'm not getting much of a read on her. Hael mentioned something that makes her a bit more likely to be village, but on the other hand we haven't PMed nearly at all. Which is... unusual. So I'm not sure.

Basically, she hasn't engaged in the game at all, other than an extensive conversation with Alv, trying to get Alv to give her active C4 that she could use in game - Alv keeps coming up with ways to not give her what she wants. This is very much something she does, and this instance it seems to me that she's a bored villager. We have just had 2 new Holders made in the last few cycles though.

I'm gonna put a vote on Burnt, she got very quiet after Joe revealed as a holder (though she seems quiet in general), and then was one of the people who didn't get that PM from him asking if we wanted to be the next holder (this doesn't necessarily indicate them being Rem, but it might).  Also, she said she trusted Hael without putting forth any reasoning, and Hael has said he trusts her, and I've already stated that I don't trust Hael, so this makes me suspicious again. Bugsy doesn't strike me as particularly suspicious either.

I also just realised that voting on Burnt would block the vote.  I'm going to leave it without a vote for now, see what discussion happens, and then vote proper just before I go to bed. 

I trust Hael because he makes good sense to me, and that generally means in my case that he's probably good. note that hael is my brother.

of course, he could very well still be evil.

I've been quieter than normal but LG20 is my primary focus.

I wouldn't say that I'm a bored villager, more that I haven't necessarily been following that much. sorry.

I'm gonna put a vote on Strawman, because at this point, I trust Elbe and her suspicions, and if I vote like this, there's more options for later on, with less chance of vote blocking.  Also, I'm going to sleep now, and I won't be awake until after turnover, which means I can't really do anything more for this turn.  Guys, let's try and lynch a Shinigami tonight.

Hey guys, I was at a friends house all day, sorry for not posting

My only thought currently is that if Burnt or Hael are Shinigami, then the other was likely made a holder just to keep any RL reads from occurring. I'll just vote Burnt and take the 50/50 odds of her being evil rather than letting the elims control the vote; with it as close as it is, the elims could all vote one way and win unless we get 100% village turnout.

Edit: Burnt. With Sheep going to bed and the turnout we need, I'm okay with switching my vote to Strawman

Edited by Bugsy6912

Hey guys, I was at a friends house all day, sorry for not posting

My only thought currently is that if Burnt or Hael are Shinigami, then the other was likely made a holder just to keep any RL reads from occurring. I'll just vote Burnt and take the 50/50 odds of her being evil rather than letting the elims control the vote; with it as close as it is, the elims could all vote one way and win unless we get 100% village turnout.

Edit: Burnt. With Sheep going to bed and the turnout we need, I'm okay with switching my vote to Strawman

Just so you know, assuming no one else votes, this would force a vote on either you or strawman, or block the vote completely.

Before I go, I'd like to say that I think Burnt is the most suspicious of the three candidates put forth, I just voted so we had the widest range of options.

And with that, good night! :D

Wait what.

So I said I was going to bed, and then something occurred. And what

EDIT: thoughts on this are, Hael is a holder trying to redirect the vote from the actual Ryuk or Rem. Ryuk or Rem revealing themself is such a silly move that Hael has to be a holder. He could be doublebluffing, but even still, there are two other eliminators, and one other shinigami, so I'd prefer not to take the risk of lynching Hael. So no one vote for Hael.

Edited by AliasSheep