ThatTiny, while those numbers are nice, they'd be a lot more useful with reasoning attached. That way, people you suspect can defend themselves, which just furthers the discussion. As opposed to your numbers, which don't say why you suspect someone, just that you do. And I agree with Sheep on the system not making much sense. What happens if someone's suspicious more than five times? Are they 120% suspicious?

That's what I was wondering as well haha  :lol:

He couldn't have been converted. Ryuk already had a holder, and they aren't dead. So he can't convert anyone else, yet. He could be a Holder and have been since the start of the game, though. But if that were the case, I think L would have told someone (probably Sheep) who could reveal to the thread, after he scanned as guilty. So barring secret role shenanigans, or an L who's unwilling to say that Joe scanned as Guilty (which seems very unlikely given his willingness to share his own role...), I'd say that Joe's probably not an eliminator.

Ohhhhhh okay that makes sense.

EDIT: In that case, Joe. Hey, Conquestor, I see you lurking.  :ph34r: As one of the people who voted for DC, what are your thoughts.

Edited by LUNA

I went with my gut when voting for DC and feel terrible about it. I'm going to look for info before I start voting for people from now on. There is also a lot of people accusing other people, but we need some good evidence for everyone to work with.

I'm making my suspicions now that I have internet, reading through all of today and day one. I'm not too concerned about Meta's last second switch onto DC primarily because it's a day one lynch and I know he has as much information as I have and had to make a decision. So far the most information I can gather has been the different sides of Joe's plan. (Sounds like MR9 all over again)

Although I haven't finished reading I'm going to put a poke vote on Weaving Webs to hopefully suppress inactivity.

I'm making my suspicions now that I have internet, reading through all of today and day one. I'm not too concerned about Meta's last second switch onto DC primarily because it's a day one lynch and I know he has as much information as I have and had to make a decision. So far the most information I can gather has been the different sides of Joe's plan. (Sounds like MR9 all over again)

Although I haven't finished reading I'm going to put a poke vote on Weaving Webs to hopefully suppress inactivity.

I thought about doing that, but Webs hadn't even been on in a week, last I checked. So that's unlikely to help. I will, however, put a vote on Cloudjumper again. Please, post! Just a "hi" would do.

@Alv: So secret roles but no secret rules - means that the secret roles are just flavour with no associated rules, yes?

No.  Roles have their own abilities.  Rules are something that affects everyone regardless of Role.

Alv, could you tell us how many secret roles there are?

Yes.  Yes I could.

Word of advice: Don't ask Alv questions with loopholes in them. It's not going to get you anywhere.

Hey now.  No fair warning the fresh meat.  I like to play with my food.

I think that Joe sounds pretty suspicious, but there isn't really much proof, so I'm not going to vote for him.

I'm sorry about not posting anything. I had been busy with homework for the past few days, so I haven't had time to post anything.

Joe's plan feels off to me, especially what he said last cycle:

Joe's plan calls for someone to be publicly confirmed and to announce L's findings, which would create a public trust group. L's scan wouldn't be able to distinguish between Ryuk, a holder, or a murderer, but might create a very cozy group of publicly confirmed civilians and police officers. A group that people would look to for plans, lynches, suspicions, and more.

This is Joe's plan:

At the end of MR13, Joe, who was an eliminator, said this:

There are no safe roles in this game, but L can confirm people, and L cannot be converted. People can fakeclaim L (at least two different people have claimed to be L), but it's impossible for an eliminator to pull of a traitor kandra as L -- in fact, a fake L will give themselves away by scanning a murderer as innocent.

Within a few cycles, the real L will be able to build up a cozy trust group, especially with a list of police and murderer claims from Joe. People will automatically flock to the publicly revealed and bandwagon behind them like they would bandwagon behind a mayor, which Joe detests. This is not the action of a villager.

These are the actions of a villager who expects to die. I'm not making a Mayor. What I'm doing is putting information in the hands of someone who can confirm it, as well as using said information to find Ryuk and his Holder myself (And I think I did. Se bottom of the post). Yes, what I've done can easily be used to make a Mayor, but I will have no part in it. I have never told a player what to do. I have offered my thoughts on their best options, but I do not dictate, and so far, neither has L.

Also, no one, to my knowledge, has ever Fake-claimed L. Sheep and I thought two L's had contacted us, but it was the same L. What happened was that Sheep asked for L to contact him in a PM, and L did so, but L did not reveal that he was L. However, because she was the only player to contact Sheep, Sheep assumed he was L. L told me that he hadn't told Sheep, so Sheep and I thought we had two L's. We eventually figured out what happened.

I also had a PM with Lopen. We joked about the first game I ever played where he lynched me after like the first few turns haha. Lopen told me he "wasn't evil" which I didn't think much of. I just assumed that he was a civilian. He told me that he trusted me, Maill, Joe, Sheep, Aman, "L#1 and L#2" not to be Ryuk. 

The only other thing we discussed was Joe's planwhich he was kind of "eh" about. He doubted that even if L scanned Joe that the Police or the murderers would claim to him anyhow. 

That's it. By the time I had gotten back on, Lopen was gone. 

That being said and out of the way, I am not sure I trust Joe all the same. I find it incredible that you are still alive even after supposedly learning who L is. (also if it really is L like please stop  claiming. Please. For the sake of everyone)

Due to Aman's posts and huge contribution, I am inclined to trust you. For now.  :ph34r:

1. Lopen was unfortunately right. Despite me saying I was verified by L, no one new claimed their roles to me.

2. I am in touch with the police officer who lead the protection detail last night. They portected me last night, as I had publicly asked to be protected. I was a high priority target, it makes sense for me to be protected.

3. L only ever claimed to me. As I said above, the claim to Sheep was entirely accidental.

Now for the big thing. Some few of you already know this, but I am not yet verified. L contacted me on day 1, and asked my opinion on whether he should protect me or scan player X. We eventually decided, after much back and forth, to scan a player who claimed the role of Police officer. That PO officer scanned as Guilty, and has been justifying it all this cycle. I'm inclined to think he's Ryuk's holder, but he might be a murderer.

am being scanned tonight though, so I'll be confirmed officially tomorrow.

I think that Joe sounds pretty suspicious, but there isn't really much proof, so I'm not going to vote for him.

I'm sorry about not posting anything. I had been busy with homework for the past few days, so I haven't had time to post anything.

Awesome! Cloudjumper. Thanks for joining us! Do you have any thoughts on anyone else, or on Joe's plan?

Hey guys! Sorry for my inactivity this cycle, I had a busy day at school and a track meet that just ended a little bit ago. Right now, I haven't had much time to analyze the info I've seen, but I have tried to analyze some info about Sheep since some others appeared to be suspicious of them.

My analysis so far:

Sheep originally claimed to have been told of a different L than Joe, but then (I believe) said they clarified with Joe showing that they had the same person. This could be a result of Sheep fishing out the identity from Joe, but I'm inclined to believe Joe is too experienced to fall for that. Alternately, Sheep and Joe legitimately could have both been told. This does not prove either of their innocence, but makes me less suspicious. I don't think the fact that L is still alive is any indication that they aren't evil, either. If L is killed, the 2 of them will be under a level of suspicion Rykku (<-- I know that's wrong, I mean the main evil guy. I'm not familiar with the source material, sorry) can't afford to face at this stage. They'll either have to delay until L shares his/her identity more (Which L should undoubtedly not do yet), or make it look as if L did so and kill the other to keep it quiet. They're also each liable to be scanned, so they might have to fakeclaim as a murderer. If it's publicly revealed that L scanned them as innocent, we can then begin to trust them based on evidence.

I currently trust Joe based on gut and the general selflessness of his actions. Sheep I see neutrally.

Edit: I've been typing this on and off for the last half hour. SO MANY NINJAS :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Bugsy6912

Rikku walked with Hal's bloody umbrella clenched a few centimeters over her head. Six years of a perfect record when shoplifting, marred by a link to a homicide she'd never even witnessed. And M was going to use it to blackmail her into doing what he wanted.

Her boots echoed against the cement. She wanted to pull a Joseph, to yell and scream and punch something into oblivion. Instead she held it in and walked. She didn't know where she was headed, and didn't care.

Rikku turned left, and found herself at the door of her flat. She fished in her purse for a key, then unlocked the door.

She walked into her room, then locked the door and stuffed a door wedge into the crack between her and the rest of the world. There. Let the others deal with M and Kira. They couldn’t get to her if she refused to leave the room.

Rikku tossed Hal’s umbrella away from her, next to a pile of white UNIQLO shopping bags. Then she plopped onto her bed and closed her eyes.

She couldn’t sleep. Even in her bedroom, Rikku could feel M’s eyes on her. Watching. Waiting. Calculating. It made her skin crawl.

“**** you, M,” Rikku said to the ceiling. Venting felt good. "**** you and Interpol and Kira."

She lay in bed for a while longer, then sat up and grabbed her iPad. She needed to buy a plane ticket. Kira was everywhere, but maybe she could get away from M.

If anybody on M's side wants to mess with Rikku or her iPad, please do.

Day Three: Strangers In A Tangled Wilderness

Office of the Edogawa Regional Police Bureau

Date and Hour of Investigation:
05/11/2016; 1600 by
Inspector Ryotaro Sakajo
4 Chome-8-1, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3680-9800 (FAX 3-3680-9900)

Investigative Agency: Kanagawa Regional Police Bureau Homicide Division
Case #: 876710

Name: Yushi Kurimura
Date of Birth: March 6, 1993

Race: Asian - Japanese
Body Identified by: Photo Identification

Location of Subject:
Outside the Toshiba Science Museum

72-34, Horikawa-Cho, Saiwai-Ku, Kawasaki 212-8585,

Evidence Collected:
Twenty-Two (22) photographs
Twenty (20) swabs from various body locations

Five (5) Red leather fibres
Two (2) standard fingerprint cards
One (1) Leather Wallet - Empty
One (1) Special issue Detective badge

Witnesses:
N/A

Opinion:
Time of Death: Preliminary tests approximate the time of death between 1330 and 1530
Cause of Death: Multiple stab wounds. Robbery appears to have been the motive.
Manner of Death: Homicide

05/11/2016; 1645 by
Inspector Ryotaro Sakajo
4 Chome-8-1, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3680-9800 (FAX 3-3680-9900)

Case #: 876711

Name: M
Date of Birth:  Unknown
Race: European
Body Identified by: Pending

Location of Subject:
Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum

2-14-21 Shinyokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-City, 222-0033

Evidence Collected:
Twenty-Two (22) photographs
Twenty (20) swabs from various body locations
One (1) Leather Wallet containing ¥17849
One (1) Special issue Detective badge

One (1) UC2863 Marine Force Recon Sawback Bowie knife - bloodied

Witnesses:
N/A

Opinion:
Time of Death: Preliminary tests approximate the time of death between 1330 and 1530
Cause of Death: Multiple stab wounds
Manner of Death: Suicide

05/11/2016; 1730 by
Inspector Shiori Akino
2 Chome-4-5, Nakakasai, Edogawa, Tokyo 134-0083
3-3680-3486 (FAX 3-6808-3321)

Case #: 876715

Name: Con Quest
Date of Birth: July 17, 2001
Race: European - British
Body Identified by: Photo Identification

Location of Subject:
Body was dumped outside

Yamate Police Station
1-15, Honmoku-miyabara,
Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi,
231-0804

Evidence Collected:
Twenty eight (28) photographs
Thirteen (13) swabs from various body locations
One (1) latent print
One (1) Student photo ID card

Witnesses:
Tsuki

Joseph Busshu

Opinion:
Time of Death: 1700
Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma
Manner of Death: Homicide

Metacognition - M has been written out of the game.  He was a Corrupt Police Officer.
Amanuensis - Yushi Kurimura has died.  He was a Corrupt Police Officer.
Conquestor - Con has died.  He was L.

Vote Tally:
Conquestor (2): LUNA, Joe
Hellscythe (1): Amanuensis
The Only Joe (1): Arraenae
Weaving Webs (1): Hellscythe

Player List:

1: Metacognition - M Corrupt Police Officer
2: Elbereth - Elbe Oniel
3: The Only Joe - Joseph Busshu
4: Mailliw73 - Maokani
5: Master Elodin - Alexander Notlimah
6: TheMightyLopen - Frank B. Ingram Police Officer
7: Burnt Spaghetti - Sumiko
8: Haelbarde - Hal Heatherlocke
9: AliasSheep - Kai Lo
10: Cloudjumper - Huko
11: Conquestor - Con L
12: Trelagist - T
13: Amanuensis - Yushi Kurimura Corrupt Police Officer
14: ThatTinyStrawMan - Straw
15: DeathClutch19 - Mello Civilian
16: Hellscythe - Ryuzaki
17: Weaving Webs - Near
18: Mark IV - Mitai
19: Arraenae - Rikku
20: LUNA - Tsuki
21: Bugsy6912 - Akiyama
22: RippleGylf - Gylf

Secret Role Stuff:

Corrupt Police Officer: You have served in law enforcement for most of your adult life but thanks to government cutbacks your retirement package is going to be substantially less than what you thought.  As such you have taken to making deals with the criminal underworld to supplement your income.  You are not immune to the influence of Ryuk but are above any investigations meaning that you can be given the Death Note but will show up as Innocent if scanned..  Each cycle one random Officer will be chosen to lead a protective detail and will be able to protect one player from one kill attempt but you cannot protect from the Lynch.  Can self target.

L:  You are the greatest detective in the world and have taken it upon yourself to discover the means by which the criminals have been killed.  Once each cycle you can either protect someone or you may investigate someone to see if they have anything to do with the murders.  Your protections don’t work on the Lynch.  Investigations will show up as either Guilty or Innocent. You are also immune to the influence of the Shinigami.

Hidden Passive:  You can survive one kill attempt excluding the Lynch.

Edited by Alvron