Does L know something about these players we don't? Well whatever it is, its obviously important, hopefully. DeathClutch19 is the person I'm voting for. I'm on mobile so can't turn his name red.

Edited by Alvron
Got you covered.

Does L know something about these players we don't? Well whatever it is, its obviously important, hopefully. DeathClutch19 is the person I'm voting for. I'm on mobile so can't turn his name red.

For future reference, simply type:

[color=red]Playername[/color]

I was about to vote for DC for reasons previously stated, but since there's no unfriendly vote-changing mechanism in this game, I see no value in further bandwagoning. I'd also like to rescind my offer of being a sacrificial guinea pig, since the fact that a conversion and kill can't happen in the same day makes my previously proposed plan obsolete

EDIT: Ninja'd. Arraenea, instead of using misspellings in the code, it works (and, in my opinion, looks) a bit better if you type:

[code]code here[/code]

:)

Edited by Bugsy6912

Problem: Alias Sheep and I have been contacted by separate L's. I can't think of any way to verify one over the other. . .

My problem with this is that we have no proof that anything you say here is true. Could be the Alendi/Terris game all over again. Or even if you're actually village, there's a couple of players here who would totally fakeclaim L to multiple people to see people's reactions.

Honestly, with all the information I have, despite being unconfirmed, I wish I was the holder.

Edited by The Only Joe

Problem: Alias Sheep and I have been contacted by separate L's. I can't think of any way to verify one over the other. . .

If one of the claimed L's was Mail, Aman, or DC, I'd be assuming they were fake claiming to phish for reactions. I could see Meta or Hellscythe potentially doing that too. Do you know the identity of Sheep's L? Does he know the identity of your's? (If either of you don't, I'd be on the side of keeping that way for the moment...)

Vote Tally

Elbereth(0): Lopen{1}
Lopen(0): Elbereth{1}, Aman{1}
Bugsy(0): Lopen{2}
Joe(0): Arraenae{1}
Aman(1): Mark
Cloudjumper(2): Elbereth{2}, Aman{2}
DC(2): Arraenae{2}, Conquestor

Neither of us have revealed the Identity of our L.

Cool. Means it's less likely that Ryuk/Holder knows who L might be at this point in time. 

Sheep, to be clear, did your L contact you for the first time after Joe had said in thread about having been contacted by 'L'?

Edited by Haelbarde

Hey I'm on mobile right now and am getting settled into my new apartment but I should be able to get my computer up and running and make a full post by the end of the cycle.

Wow, so much speculation and nothing has even happened yet. I'll have more to say when more things actually happen. Good luck to all.

Wow guys, so talkative today.  :P

As I said before, I don't really like Joe's plan. (sorry Joe :P ) 

(I'm not sure if this has been pointed out, but) how do the police officers get a confirmation from L? In this situation, we get two options.

1. L will have to post to the thread claiming that the tribute has been confirmed either good or bad (which is an all around stupid idea and I really hope our L isn't this dumb)

2. Or one of the oh-so-special-and-selfless tributes is either a holder or Ryuk and they just post to the thread that they've been confirmed good and either the police trust them, or L has to contradict what they said. 

Either way, I am not really enjoying these outcomes...

If it was me, it probably would've been taken skeptically in the first place. And even if it wasn't, now it would be. :P

Not everyone here's necessarily knows to be skeptical. I mean, if Joe's speaking truthfully, there's a fair number of people who don't know they shouldn't roleclaim to randoms in PM's... 

And here's the emote: skeptical.png

LUNA, I never claimed to be selfless. No selfless guy would make a plan that put him at the center of attention for two cycles.

Police officers will get confirmation once they have been scanned as innocent.

EDIT: and Conquester, I've sent a plan to L, I just need them to get online and confirm it.

Edited by The Only Joe

Alternate emote: skeptical2.png

People's thoughts on posting cover for L in thread? As in each turn (starting cycle 3 or 4), everyone posts who they have 'scanned'. Then if L dies, we can look at his scans and know who's confirmed good/evil. Means we just wait and see what happens when the L's die, we get their scans, but otherwise we don't concern ourselves with following the scanner. Main thing is that everyone would have to understand how it works - when you scan people, you have to act as if that were true - not doing so tells the eliminator team that you don't actually believe your scan. Unless you're totally mind gaming it. Fortunately in this game, there's a conversion role, so just because someone scanned innocent, if a Holder has since died, any scans prior to that point become invalidated. Thoughts? 

I question your use of the word 'fortunately' but otherwise think it's a good plan.

Well, fortunate in the fact it makes it a little harder for the village to mess up 'scans' and give the eliminators an easier job of working out L. Improperly scanning one of the eliminators immediately tells them that you aren't a scanner. 

People's thoughts on posting cover for L in thread? As in each turn (starting cycle 3 or 4), everyone posts who they have 'scanned'. Then if L dies, we can look at his scans and know who's confirmed good/evil. Means we just wait and see what happens when the L's die, we get their scans, but otherwise we don't concern ourselves with following the scanner. Main thing is that everyone would have to understand how it works - when you scan people, you have to act as if that were true - not doing so tells the eliminator team that you don't actually believe your scan. Unless you're totally mind gaming it. Fortunately in this game, there's a conversion role, so just because someone scanned innocent, if a Holder has since died, any scans prior to that point become invalidated. Thoughts? 

Keep in mind that murders are also scanned as "guilty".

People can figure out who L is by comparing the list of the "scanned" against the list of people who they know will be scanned as guilty. Ex: DC is a noteholder. I fakescan him and post my results inthread of him being scanned innocent. Now DC knows that I can't be L unless I am deliberately posting wrong results, which is unlikely because it would also give the village false results that they will use when I die.

What would L do if they scanned someone as guilty? Post it inthread and just leave it? What if they're the only person who finds someone guilty? That would be a huge tip that their scan is legitimate.

I question your use of the word 'fortunately' but otherwise think it's a good plan.

Perhaps it's fortunate because it means we can't be lazy and wait for L to catch an eliminator.  :P Or maybe because Hal is Ryuk and it would be very fortunate for him. Or maybe his fingers just forgot to type the "un" before the "fortunately".

Keep in mind that murders are also scanned as "guilty".

People can figure out who L is by comparing the list of the "scanned" against the list of people who they know will be scanned as guilty. Ex: DC is a noteholder. I fakescan him and post my results inthread of him being scanned innocent. Now DC knows that I can't be L unless I am deliberately posting wrong results, which is unlikely because it would also give the village false results that they will use when I die.

What would L do if they scanned someone as guilty? Post it inthread and just leave it? What if they're the only person who finds someone guilty? That would be a huge tip that their scan is legitimate.

Perhaps it's fortunate because it means we can't be lazy and wait for L to catch an eliminator.  :P Or maybe because Hal is Ryuk and it would be very fortunate for him. Or maybe his fingers just forgot to type the "un" before the "fortunately".

Did you see my response to Joe? 

But yes, if you scan someone evil, either you go after them, or you say you assume they are a murderer - that's the other thing with this - the eliminators have cover... :/

And yeah, if everyone happens to scan an eliminator or murder as good, then yes, options for L have immensely dropped as far as the eliminators are concerned. So it's not as if it couldn't go horribly wrong if it was pulled off. But that's about the same as Joe's plan. Ultimately, anything we get from L could be nice, but at the end of the day, what will win things for us is if the village can catch Ryuk by themselves. 

Besides Arraenae's problem with your plan Hael, I see another one. This is a QF, and I doubt every single player will remember to do that each Cycle, whereas L most definitely will. It's not a huge problem, but it could help Ryuk narrow down on who L is faster. Of course, if L wants to claim to random people, that doesn't really help hide him either...

With the issue of 2 people claiming to be L. I suggest whoever the fake one is reveals themselves. I for one will defend you from being killed. Because, even if you are the Death Note Holder, we don't need to kill you. Ryuk is our only target. Killing the Death Note Holder is a very low priority imo. It's actually not very helpful at all, because then Ryuk can change someone's alignment or learn who is a PO/L. So to me, whoever those 2 players are should be kept alive for the duration of the game. I very much doubt that Ryuk would claim L on the first Day. So if I'm right, we've just narrowed down who Ryuk could be by 2 people! :D

I haven't read over the whole thread yet, (I'm still on page 3), but I'd like to take my vote off of Aman. Your response has .... sort of... satisfied me. Atleast I don't feel it's a lynch worthy reason.

Will post more once I read through the thread.

EDIT: Read through the thread!

Rather than everyone putting up their 'scan results', L could post his results via proxy, couldn't he? I'm sure someone has said this. I'm just wondering why it's a bad idea.

And why was joe's plan risky for anything apart from fake claims? L is scanning him before contacting, right? And so, he can't be either murderer or Ryuk or death note holder, right? So, the only problem we'd have would be fake claims from the eliminators as either police, murderers or L.

That's all for now.

Edited by Mark IV