Conversation with my seminary teacher after she heard I turned 18:

Her: "Now you can be tried as an adult!"

Me: "...I don't really have any plans to be in the prison system anytime soon, but thanks?"

Her: "That's what they all say."

:mellow:

My co-workers is a jerk.

He didn't show up last night, forcing someone else to cover his shift. He was meant to be on tonight and tomorrow, too, and I'm guessing he dropped out of those, since I got called in.

I don't mind doing more work -more hours means more pay- but harmony damnation it. Literally dropping new hours on me at the last minute? I've spent the entire evening rearranging my plans for the next few days on account of it.

My co-workers is a jerk.

He didn't show up last night, forcing someone else to cover his shift. He was meant to be on tonight and tomorrow, too, and I'm guessing he dropped out of those, since I got called in.

I don't mind doing more work -more hours means more pay- but harmony damnation it. Literally dropping new hours on me at the last minute? I've spent the entire evening rearranging my plans for the next few days on account of it.

Ugh. I'm sorry. <_< I've worked with that type before, and there's not a lot you can do to get back at him, if you need the hours.

Ugh. I'm sorry. <_< I've worked with that type before, and there's not a lot you can do to get back at him, if you need the hours.

Thing is, I don't need them. But, I'm the new guy, and telling the management "No," when they ask? Jerk move.

Like I say, I don't mind working them...it's just such a last minute change it's annoying. And really, I wouldn't mind as much...except from what I've heard he's done this type of thing before. So.

Bah. Annoying. But hey, curry favor with the boss as reliable, I guess. :ph34r:

Thing is, I don't need them. But, I'm the new guy, and telling the management "No," when they ask? Jerk move.

Like I say, I don't mind working them...it's just such a last minute change it's annoying. And really, I wouldn't mind as much...except from what I've heard he's done this type of thing before. So.

Bah. Annoying. But hey, curry favor with the boss as reliable, I guess. :ph34r:

I'm amazed that co-jerker still has a job.

Just got off a 6-minute phone call with my dad. Here's a breakdown of the content.

Minutes 1-3: Condescendingly telling me that the people who looked at the house weren't interested because of a "bad odor" that I should have gotten rid of--one that was probably something my parents left behind in the cupboards in their haste to leave. This important detail was ignored in favor of making it my fault. (On a side note, I'm actually doubting that both of these people left any feedback at all. We usually don't get any.) Oh, and when I said I'd take care of it when I got home, he said the housesitter already got it. Meaning he only brought this up so he could enjoy the guilt trip.

Minutes 3-4: Dad complaining about how he and my mom will be charged more because their house is unoccupied, ignoring the fact that they didn't have to leave it unoccupied. They left because my mom couldn't bear to be separated from Spokane another minute.

Minutes 4-6: Dad asking me how I like the city, adding that the area I'm moving to is "hyper sexual" and that I should carry pepper spray at all times.

Great job, Dad. You've made me want to stop taking your calls altogether. <_<

Pepper spray is for cooks! You should carry around bear mace...especially if it's a peaceful neighborhood!

That, and when you see your family on holidays you can spray your dad's face for not offering one word of congratulation! And your mom's face because your finger slipped repeatedly :P

Pepper spray is for cooks! You should carry around bear mace...especially if it's a peaceful neighborhood!

That, and when you see your family on holidays you can spray your dad's face for not offering one word of congratulation! And your mom's face because your finger slipped repeatedly :P

"I'm sorry, I did not see you there. Or there." :lol:

Though this call did teach me that when I use the microwave to make some tea while talking to him, he'll hear the noise, assume that I'm making dinner, and get off the phone early. :ph34r:

And I'm going to carry pepper spray, because better safe than sorry, but I doubt I'll be chasing off five rapists a week, as he seems to think I will be.

"I'm sorry, I did not see you there. Or there." :lol:

Though this call did teach me that when I use the microwave to make some tea while talking to him, he'll hear the noise, assume that I'm making dinner, and get off the phone early. :ph34r:

And I'm going to carry pepper spray, because better safe than sorry, but I doubt I'll be chasing off five rapists a week, as he seems to think I will be.

Why would you use a microwave to make tea?  :huh: 

>ConfusedVoidus

Because that's all this hotel room has and even if I'd known it had a range, I couldn't have fit my teakettle in my suitcase. :P

Oh, so just for boiling the water?

What kind of hotel doesn't have a kettle? And a bunch of free teabags that I always steal.  :ph34r: 

What kind of hotel doesn't have a kettle? And a bunch of free teabags that I always steal. :ph34r:

It's actually not all that common here in the States. I've seen a lot of hotels with a coffee pot or Keurig in every room, but I've never seen one with a teakettle. Though if they have a tea I like, I'll swipe a few bags too. :ph34r:

What kind of hotel doesn't have a kettle? And a bunch of free teabags that I always steal.  :ph34r:

An American one.  We don't do tea like UKers and Aussies.

...which is just as well for me, really.  I can't taste tea.  No matter what kind is presented to me, no matter what flavors they say I should be able to taste, all I get is slightly bitter hot water.

It's actually not all that common here in the States. I've seen a lot of hotels with a coffee pot or Keurig in every room, but I've never seen one with a teakettle. Though if they have a tea I like, I'll swipe a few bags too. :ph34r:

If there's not even a kettle, how do you make instant noodles?! :o