Brandon Burn

Windrunner

Can someone tell me what he said?

I don't have a Twitter account

Brandon Sanderson: With today's chapter, I polish off Part One of Stormlight 3. There should be five parts, though this one will be the longest.
Eric: Why is it longer? Did you give the characters more than one dimension?
Brandon Sanderson: Nah. It just takes a lot of pages to describe your mother's incredible girth.

Edited by ClockWork PoleAxe

*looks up the origin of yo mamma jokes*

*discovers there's one in the Bible*

When Joram saw Jehu, he said, "Is it peace, Jehu?" And he answered, "What peace, so long as the harlotries of your mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?"

Well... what do you know...

*looks up the origin of yo mamma jokes*

*discovers there's one in the Bible*

Well... what do you know...

No surprise.

I mean the primary conflict behind the whole religion (well, all three of them that care about Abraham anyway) started when a guy blamed his wife for something.

And she technically deserved the blame for doing it, but it's not her fault you listened Adam.

I feel like that's the point.  He's not expecting an engaging duel of wits from a troll.  Someone said something stupid, and Brandon decided the best course of action was to play it as elementary as possible: throw out a dumb joke and move on with his life.

EDIT: 2nd point: a longer exchange would be bad.  If I were in Brandon's shoes, I wouldn't want to be That Guy who's famous, and uses my fandom like a bully uses the rest of the class giggling to highlight who's "winning".  Yes, the other guy shot first, but I wouldn't respect Brandon so much as a human if he took the opportunity to try to ruin someone's e-Life.

Edited by Pechvarry

I feel like that's the point.  He's not expecting an engaging duel of wits from a troll.  Someone said something stupid, and Brandon decided the best course of action was to play it as elementary as possible: throw out a dumb joke and move on with his life.

EDIT: 2nd point: a longer exchange would be bad.  If I were in Brandon's shoes, I wouldn't want to be That Guy who's famous, and uses my fandom like a bully uses the rest of the class giggling to highlight who's "winning".  Yes, the other guy shot first, but I wouldn't respect Brandon so much as a human if he took the opportunity to try to ruin someone's e-Life.

ah, well, not like that, but i wouldn't have minded a little pun dueling monkey-island-style.

• Chaos locked this topic