Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

There is nothing wrong with that. I did not get my licence until many years after it was 1st possible for me to get it. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

There's nothing wrong with getting your license later; I'm putting mine off too. I bet more people do it than you think! The others might be confused, but I doubt many judge you, and if any do...they're obviously slontzes. You're a cool human being, and if they don't bother to act like polite individuals, then that'll just hurt them later on.

Thanks you guys:). I just got back from tonight's session, which went a heck of a lot better than last night. (Also learned that a good friend of mine waited to get her licence too.) Feeling much better now. (Now if I can just pass the test, I'll be well on my way)

1 hour ago, Silverblade5 said:

An otherwise good supervisor is asking me to do some potentially illegal and hazardous things. Now I have to leave and find a new job. Again. I actually liked this company too.

Whoa, what? That's scary. Good luck finding a new job you like, dude.

56 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Not sure where to put this.

I'm confused by the reason people are giving for why the upcoming Mickey Mouse ride at Disney World is being delayed to next year. Everyone is saying because the technology is new but it's just a trackless ride system with screens. It's not even the first time they've dabbled with this system since it's used for Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo (open since 2000) and the Ratatouille ride in Paris. Heck it's not even expensive to add or program since Sea World has one and many other theme parks with budgets smaller than Six Flags.

So since they've used the system for 4 rides already and a cheap theme park can program these with no hassle what's the jig with Disney Florida?

I'm...not really sure what you're talking about, but bad Disney. Bad, bad Disney, how could you. Maybe that helped.

16 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Feeling much better now. (Now if I can just pass the test, I'll be well on my way)

Good luck, whenever your test is!

Edited by AonEne

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I'm...not really sure what you're talking about, but bad Disney. Bad, bad Disney, how could you. Maybe that helped.

Good luck, whenever your test is!

Tis tomorrow evening. Thanks for your well wishes.:)

I'm just dealing with some dark feelings.

Life's been miserable, I feel like my family hates me, and that life is trying to take away everything fun that makes being alive worth it.

And in top of that, my parents think I have a problem with 17th shard and are trying to take that away too and it's making me miserable.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Thanks you guys:). I just got back from tonight's session, which went a heck of a lot better than last night. (Also learned that a good friend of mine waited to get her licence too.) Feeling much better now. (Now if I can just pass the test, I'll be well on my way)

I'm old enough to be engaged and I still can't drive, you aren't alone!!

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Yeah. They wanted me to drive a route from Colorado to Florida in 3 days. This is a bit sketchy since federal regulation limits Commercial drivers to 8 hours driving per day. Also, people under 21 shouldn't be driving commercial vehicles across state lines.

21 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Life's been miserable, I feel like my family hates me, and that life is trying to take away everything fun that makes being alive worth it.

And in top of that, my parents think I have a problem with 17th shard and are trying to take that away too and it's making me miserable.

*hugs Ark* Maybe you could try and tell them how helpful the Shard can be? Show them this year's mental health thread or earlier in this thread so they can see how supportive people are? Good luck, dude. You can always read!

10 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Yeah. They wanted me to drive a route from Colorado to Florida in 3 days. This is a bit sketchy since federal regulation limits Commercial drivers to 8 hours driving per day. Also, people under 21 shouldn't be driving commercial vehicles across state lines.

:wacko: Did you tell them that?

Just now, AonEne said:

*hugs Ark* Maybe you could try and tell them how helpful the Shard can be? Show them this year's mental health thread or earlier in this thread so they can see how supportive people are? Good luck, dude. You can always read!

:wacko: Did you tell them that?

Technically, since it's a Uhaul truck it's light enough to not qualify as a commercial vehicle, so technically anyone with a licence can drive  for any length of time. Might be a good paper case, but real life isn't paper, and these regulations are actually there for a reason.

11 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I wish you the best of luck. I'm also fairly certain your family doesn't actually hate you. They might be a bit confused, but family is family.

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

Let me put it another way: Imagine Stephen King delayed a bunch of books because 'writing horror is new to him' or if Brandon said he was having trouble writing SA4 because he wasn't used to writing fantasy stories. That's the exact thing being used as the excuse for a ride delay from Disney even though they've had experience with this exact ride system for 2 decades now. I'm not that interested in the ride itself, I hate the new art style for Mickey, but the excuse is what confounds me.

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

3 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I wish you the best of luck. I'm also fairly certain your family doesn't actually hate you. They might be a bit confused, but family is family.

Thank you both. I've been feeling a lot better this morning, life is just a bit... much sometimes.

On 5/2/2019 at 0:01 AM, Ark1002 said:

*debates the risk*

*hugs Ark anyways*

It gets better. 

Track every day after school, four different choirs, and clarinet, plus other activities scattered throughout the week (not to mention regular school stuff) is hard enough when you're not fighting a really, really mean cold and devilish cough that are slowly mounting into a fever. I'm missing a choir concert tonight and I feel really really bad about it. All the books I've read have taught me to push through everything and be a hero, but it hurts when you're trying to do just that, but everything makes you trip and fall. I just can't catch a break. Track is almost over though. That's nice, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Track every day after school, four different choirs, and clarinet, plus other activities scattered throughout the week (not to mention regular school stuff) is hard enough when you're not fighting a really, really mean cold and devilish cough that are slowly mounting into a fever. I'm missing a choir concert tonight and I feel really really bad about it. All the books I've read have taught me to push through everything and be a hero, but it hurts when you're trying to do just that, but everything makes you trip and fall. I just can't catch a break. Track is almost over though. That's nice, I guess. 

Well good luck with that, I too have been fighting a nasty illness for about 10 days, so I feel ya. Also, What Clarinet part do you play?

On 02/05/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ark1002 said:

Can relate, cept my family actually have hated me, everything has been taken away and I have had the shard taken away too :P
It gets better buddy

5 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Can relate, cept my family actually have hated me, everything has been taken away and I have had the shard taken away too :P
It gets better buddy

Uh. May I ask why your family hated you?

Cause you seem like a generally nice person

Edited by Ark1002

20 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

...fighting a really, really mean cold and devilish cough that are slowly mounting into a fever.

18 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I too have been fighting a nasty illness for about 10 days, so I feel ya.

I hope you guys get better! *hugs from a distance*

Star, don't feel bad about taking a day or two off of school if you're sick. It happens ^_^

Edit: About Disney, yeah, that's weird. Maybe they're planning a surprise.

Edited by AonEne