Random Stuff VI The Return of the Admins

Zathoth

I can't spell, ever. My first response to Blackstar was "Okay, he's doing the weird again. Hey, this actually turns into a decent song about half way through." After listening to it a few more times it's really grown on me.

Honestly, if you exclude the Laby soundtrack, this is my second favorite song of his. (Top is Thursday's Child.) It's odd how he has two different sounds: Old Bowie and New Bowie. (I usually split up my song ranking into those categories, but Thursday's Child is the one I keep on coming back to the most. I think this song will join that.)

I'll have to check Thursday's Child out. I think I'm only in my David Bowie phase for the past couple of years, which leaves some gems to discover, particularly with the pace I buy new albums :D

For my favorite Bowie song, I think it is officially Station to Station, but I've been returning to Somebody Up There Likes Me a lot recently.

I also like some of his collaborations, like All the Young Dudes, or Pretty Pink Rose

I haven't heard that one before! I've been trying to slowly listen through his entire catalogue (Thank you Rhapsody), but some of those albums get very... noisy when listened the entire way through. There are some fun ones though like:

Also, if I can find it there's this super sweet and sad one.

..oh, hey, look. They're from the same album. Maybe I should re-listen to it.

Chaos (rubix?) did say there was going to be a mass spiking soon. I guess it's fitting. :P

I warned him!

Edit: Oh, hey, Voidus. You're a mod now, BTW.

Edited by Rubix
Figured I should tell him

May I ask why? I don't dispute the decision at all, as I think Voidus is an excellent choice, but I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind your it.

Announcement post is coming soon, we'll talk about why there.

Welp, there goes the neighborhood.  And we thought we were in trouble when Rubix went on a rampage, with Voidus wielding power, we're all gonna wind up looking like a bunch of hemalurgic porcupines!

Seriously, dude, congrats.  Again. 

(Aren't these things supposed to come in threes?  First Voidus Jr, now being crowned a mod...what's next?  Next ultrasound revealing twin Voiduses?  Voidi?  What's the plural for Voidus, anyway?)