Hoid's Feruchemy

SirTraconus

Here's a thought.

Hoid has the bead of lerasium. Burning lerasium makes someone a mistborn. What if tapping lerasium gives you feruchemy? I personaly think that Hoid tapped his bead, and then burned it after it was 'empty' of any feruchemical charge, giving him both allomancy and feruchemy.

Its just my head cannon, and I'd appreciate any evidence you guys can find to either help or hinder my theory.

Thanks! 

Here's a thought.

Hoid has the bead of lerasium. Burning lerasium makes someone a mistborn. What if tapping lerasium gives you feruchemy? I personaly think that Hoid tapped his bead, and then burned it after it was 'empty' of any feruchemical charge, giving him both allomancy and feruchemy.

Its just my head cannon, and I'd appreciate any evidence you guys can find to either help or hinder my theory.

Thanks! 

Alternatively, if you already have feruchemy, maybe you can feruchemically store that ability in lerasium.  (Would you then be able to get it back out, since you would have lost feruchemy?!)

He's probably had feruchemy before that though. It's apparently how he finds important places to show up in. Somehow.

My opinion is that he uses luck. Since "Storing weight" is actually storing mass (WoB), I see no problem with storing luck to actually be storing whatever it is that would put you in a certain favourable position. Inworld names for things are sometimes inaccurate.

So, Hoid would therefore be storing (In mass amounts) a cosmic thing that urges him to do things a certain way to direct where he wants to go. I don't think storing luck can affect others, only yourself, so the word "luck" wouldn't apply. If you're lucky in a game of chance, its not only your own rolls that determine your luck, but everyone else's as well, whereas feruchemy can only be given and taken by the person who stores and taps.

Do you get what I'm saying? Or did I make no sense whatsoever?

Edited by Khyrindor

My opinion is that he uses luck. Since "Storing weight" is actually storing mass (WoB), I see no problem with storing luck to actually be storing whatever it is that would put you in a certain favourable position. Inworld names for things are sometimes inaccurate.

So, Hoid would therefore be storing (In mass amounts) a cosmic thing that urges him to do things a certain way to direct where he wants to go. I don't think storing luck can affect others, only yourself, so the word "luck" wouldn't apply. If you're lucky in a game of chance, its not only your own rolls that determine your luck, but everyone else's as well, whereas feruchemy can only be given and taken by the person who stores and taps.

Do you get what I'm saying? Or did I make no sense whatsoever?

sounds like he made himself ta'veren

Nah see, ta'veren does affect other people. Hoid, presumably using "luck", can only throw himself into the Pattern, but with urges from his feruchemy to nudge him in a more favourable manner. Something like directing him to places of importance. Hoid himself does the rest with his awesomeness. 

any tampering with luck would have an effect on other people in some way. if you roll a 5 and someone luckyer rolls a 6 that doesn't make then unlucky but you could call it unlucky to be playing them. also ta'veren are forced in to places they need to be as well

Edited by taveren

Yes, that's true, but what I'm saying is Hoid is the one affecting others, but his feruchemy doesn't directly affect their proverbial die rolls. Ta'veren are forced into things by the Pattern, yes, but they also pull other's threads around them, completely changing the way the wheel weaves them. Hoid does not have this power directly that we know of, certainly not with feruchemy, he merely is lead by it, and what he chooses to do affects them in any way a normal person would affect another. 

I do realize you were drawing a parallel, and didn't meant to play know-it-all, upvote for you for making me smile in memories of WoT. 

Edited by Khyrindor

Weight?

Long term it would kill you.  Organs would have problems,  muscles would weaken,  etc.  

Astronauts in space for weeks to months can run into trouble. Calcium in bones secretes out through urine. As the bones weaken, astronauts are more susceptible to breaking them if they slip and fall, just like people with osteoporosis. Muscles also lose mass.

Astronauts typically exercise two hours a day in space to counteract these effects, but it still takes months of rehabilitation to adjust on Earth after a typical six-month space mission. More recently, doctors have discovered eye pressure changes in orbit. NASA has tracked vision changes in astronauts that were on the space station, but nothing so serious as to cause concern.

The first one-year mission to the ISS will take place in 2015. One of the astronauts, Scott Kelly, has a twin, Mark, who will remain on Earth. The brothers have volunteered to be guinea pigs to look at effects on Scott Kelly's body in weightlessness in comparison to Mark Kelly's body on Earth.

"They will provide insight into future genetic investigations that can build on this study, but with a larger study population of unrelated astronauts," NASA said in 2013.

From http://www.space.com/23017-weightlessness.html

Well, decreased weight in the sense of feruchemy and decreased gravity are not the same, so some effects may differ. Force has lessened, so bone density is probably still screwed, but gravitational acceleration will remain constant if that affects anything.

You'll also end up blown away by air currents, which would be funny.

Long term it would kill you.  Organs would have problems,  muscles would weaken,  etc.  

Loss of muscle is still pretty likely but no more than a person who's just really lazy. Plus while you're asleep you'd be normal weight which would counter most of the more serious effects.

Weight?

You'll try to walk and kick yourself off of the earth into space? *shrugs*

You wouldn't be weightless as you can't store the weight of your clothing and Metalminds, Wax specifically addresses this in AoL.

Logically (and physically) speaking, yes. With that said, Sazed addresses that the Feruchemy adapts your organs and such to take on the extra weight when you tap stored weight, it would stand to reason that it does the same for your organs while storing weight.

Edited by Iron Eyes

My mind was just blown.  If you can store your mass (i.e. your interaction with other things through gravity), then couldn't you also store your electromagnetic interactions?  That would mean you could start walking through walls.  (It would also mean you would fall through the floor into the earth...)

You wouldn't be weightless as you can't store the weight of your clothing and Metalminds, Wax specifically addresses this in AoL.

Logically (and physically) speaking, yes. With that said, Sazed addresses that the Feruchemy adapts your organs and such to take on the extra weight when you tap stored weight, it would stand to reason that it does the same for your organs while storing weight.

If it worked that way, then storing health would become the most counterintuitive thing ever, and tapping nutrition is redundant since you'll be protected from malnutrition. And I'm not sure how draining out your own natural investiture would logically strengthen your body . . .

It would make sense that Hoid at least partly uses stored luck to determine where to go. But your luck doesn't always work. For instance when Hoid appears in AoL right before the wedding shoot out, he claims nothing important is happening, and leaves. Also, in tWoK doesn't he say something along the lines of he's running from the same person he's looking for? Because that could lead to some interesting questions of what he intends to do, and why he is where he is as well. Thoughts?