Random Stuff III

That it does, but couldn't it be something that was stabbed there? Just because the head canon of it being TLR's own head is too awesome.

I can accept this head canon (I see what you did there) just because it is awesome.

Head canon is an awesome combination of words. It conjures images of canons shooting heads, or heads functioning as canons, or heads functioning as canons shooting heads, or even heads functioning as canons shooting head canons into infinity when the entire battlefield is covered in head canons shooting more and more head canons until the head canons fill up the entire world as we all drown in head canons, but the head canons do not stop there, they continue to shoot until the infinite head canons have filled the infinite space of the universe and everything drowns in head canons.

Heh. HEAD canon. :P

Yes, that was intentional. :D

I can accept this head canon (I see what you did there) just because it is awesome.

Head canon is an awesome combination of words. It conjures images of canons shooting heads, or heads functioning as canons, or heads functioning as canons shooting heads, or even heads functioning as canons shooting head canons into infinity when the entire battlefield is covered in head canons shooting more and more head canons until the head canons fill up the entire world as we all drown in head canons, but the head canons do not stop there, they continue to shoot until the infinite head canons have filled the infinite space of the universe and everything drowns in head canons.

Maybe TLR's head on the wall was shot by a cannon that for some reason didn't completely mash his face, let alone the fact that there was no gunpowder on Scadrial, it's cooler this way! :P

Yes, that was intentional. :D

Maybe TLR's head on the wall was shot by a cannon that for some reason didn't completely mash his face, let alone the fact that there was no gunpowder on Scadrial, it's cooler this way! :P

That works too. I kind of liked my idea of infinite head canons though...

Perks of having glasses:

They don't call 'em "brainy specs" for nothin'

You can call them "specs"

You're always first to know when it's raining

You can take them off and read things wrong for poetry

Cons of having glasses:

When you take them off you can't see

Smudgy vision

Headaches for wearing them for too long

People forcibly taking them off your face and either trying then on or yelling "HOW MANY FINGERS?"

Perks of having glasses:

Cons of having glasses:

Smudgy vision

People forcibly taking them off your face and either trying then on or yelling "HOW MANY FINGERS?"

As a fellow wearer of spectacles, I can confirm. -_-

Pfffft! I don't need no fancy spectacles! 

*Editor's Note: Orlion was later informed that he was typing into a toaster and he had to dictate the previous to his cat. The editor would also like to note that Orlion does not give his cat nearly as much tuna as he deserves.

Perks of having glasses:

Cons of having glasses:

Smudgy vision

As someone who wishes they could have glasses, because glasses are cool, but sadly has good eyesight, I feel jealous.

Among other news, our septic tank is full/clogged. And now our bathtubs are full of crap. :angry:

I vastly prefer my contact lenses to glasses.  Though that may have something to do with me being so horribly near-sighted that my glasses are coke-bottle thick monstrosities on the feather-weight twice-as-thin-as-normal lenses.

I am legally not allowed to drive unless I'm wearing my contacts or glasses.  Which makes perfect sense, as I'm not sure I could find the road without them.

So a couple days ago, I was playing ToS, and someone joined a game as “Mistborn." I immediately started whispering them all like “I love Brandon Sanderson too, have you heard of the 17th Shard?" They said they would check it out. *fist pump* Unfortunately, I had to eventually kill them, but I saved them for last.

..and then, the same thing happened today with a guy who joined as TenSoon. *fist pump* I did not kill him. :P

So a couple days ago, I was playing ToS, and someone joined a game as “Mistborn." I immediately started whispering them all like “I love Brandon Sanderson too, have you heard of the 17th Shard?" They said they would check it out. *fist pump* Unfortunately, I had to eventually kill them, but I saved them for last.

Good Epic Anakin, good Epic.....:)

It someone snatches your glasses off your face, please either yell or politely tell them to shove off. That's a major breach of personal space.

Good Epic Anakin, good Epic.....:)

It someone snatches your glasses off your face, please either yell or politely tell them to shove off. That's a major breach of personal space.

Did you just say to call Old Yeller?

Edit: I just got them spectacles :(

Edited by Venture Mistborn

Last night I dreamed that Discord became the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.

The dream went into a surprising amount of detail. Discord came to the Potterverse to wreak havoc, but Dumbledore cast an enchantment on him that limited his powers and confined him to Hogwarts castle. Since if there's an interdimensional archmage on campus you might as well make use of him, and Dumbledore somehow talked him into teaching students. (I'd protest the plausibility of this aspect of the dream, but Dumbledore's hiring habits haven't always been, er, top notch.)

Anyway, Discord quickly discovered that all the wizards in the Potterverse actually use a variation of the same chaos magic he makes use of, channeled through a range of limiting incantations and wand movements. Discord began hacking the magic system, so to speak; since children in the Potterverse can innately cause anomalous effects without using a wand, he figured out that the students had the uncultivated ability to manipulate reality on the same scale as he.

Hidden within his chaotic curriculum, Discord cultivated a plan for escape...

...And then I woke up. I'd be surprised at the level of precision in the dream, but I've always had very vivid and detailed dreams. What I learned most of all was how much my subconscious wants to write MLP/Harry Potter crossover fanfics. :P

So, in the past few weeks, I've germinated a couple of story idea seeds for my own original fiction stuff.  I thought when I started writing Swift as Steel that I'd just get this one fanfic book (wait, no, series) out of my system, and that would be all of the literary creative talent that I had to offer.

Nope.  If anything, writing stuff has made me just want to write more stuff.  And the more stuff may eventually become publishable stuff.  I have no idea, but I keep getting the rather distinct impression that Djehuty* is laughing at me.

*Djehuty, more popularly known as Thoth.  One of my Three.  The Egyptian god of wisdom, magic, oh and writing.

Edited by Kaymyth

Last night I dreamed that Discord became the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.

The dream went into a surprising amount of detail. Discord came to the Potterverse to wreak havoc, but Dumbledore cast an enchantment on him that limited his powers and confined him to Hogwarts castle. Since if there's an interdimensional archmage on campus you might as well make use of him, and Dumbledore somehow talked him into teaching students. (I'd protest the plausibility of this aspect of the dream, but Dumbledore's hiring habits haven't always been, er, top notch.)

Anyway, Discord quickly discovered that all the wizards in the Potterverse actually use a variation of the same chaos magic he makes use of, channeled through a range of limiting incantations and wand movements. Discord began hacking the magic system, so to speak; since children in the Potterverse can innately cause anomalous effects without using a wand, he figured out that the students had the uncultivated ability to manipulate reality on the same scale as he.

Hidden within his chaotic curriculum, Discord cultivated a plan for escape...

...And then I woke up. I'd be surprised at the level of precision in the dream, but I've always had very vivid and detailed dreams. What I learned most of all was how much my subconscious wants to write MLP/Harry Potter crossover fanfics. :P

You know you are a Sanderfan when your dreams manage to make sense of the magics of Harry Potter and MLP XD 

So, in the past few weeks, I've germinated a couple of story idea seeds for my own original fiction stuff.  I thought when I started writing Swift as Steel that I'd just get this one fanfic book (wait, no, series) out of my system, and that would be all of the literary creative talent that I had to offer.

Nope.  If anything, writing stuff has made me just want to write more stuff.  And the more stuff may eventually become publishable stuff.  I have no idea, but I keep getting the rather distinct impression that Djehuty* is laughing at me.

*Djehuty, more popularly known as Thoth.  One of my Three.  The Egyptian god of wisdom, magic, oh and writing.

Make the gods happy o.o Djehuty obviously wants you to write if you have so many ideas that you are not sure what to do with them.

Creativity is like a muscle. Start training it and suddenly it's getting bigger and bigger until you can't ignore it anymore and you will be cursed with having to think for eternity! 

(Ha, I knew that one. :ph34r: )