The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

34 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Could a Shardblade block Nightblood.

probably, it's heavily Invested and was given to Szeth to fight against people with Honorblades so it defiantly can stop a Shardblade for a while like all other Invested object

7 minutes ago, feldi said:

probably, it's heavily Invested and was given to Szeth to fight against people with Honorblades so it defiantly can stop a Shardblade for a while like all other Invested object

I think the question was the opposite: can a shardblade withstand Nightblood?

We have seen, in the past, that in-universe religions reflect some facet of local Realmatics, e.g. The Malwish belief in "Herr" and "Frue," or the Survivorist belief that their savior had somehow survived death.  We have also heard from Preservation (and seen on numerous occasions) that how people think affects and alters the Cognitive Realm.  In that vein, then, could a suitably popular religion change the nature of the local Cognitive Realm and/or any Shards that happen to be present?  

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Could a Shardblade block Nightblood.

jW

1) It's been asked before
2) Brandon RAFO's all questions about Nightblood vs Shardblade. Probably because we will get answer in Oathbringer.

45 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

1) It's been asked before
2) Brandon RAFO's all questions about Nightblood vs Shardblade. Probably because we will get answer in Oathbringer.

Thanks, tried to look to see if it had been asked and couldn't find it, but I'm not surprised (either that it's been asked or that it's been RAFO'd). I suspect we'll actually see this in a book before too long. :-)

jW

8 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Could all Nalthians ingest Stormlight, or just Returned? 

We don't even know if Returned may ingest Stormlight at all of they need some "trick" to do it.

I for example think that Returned like other kind of Bonds, gain some extra power on Roshar because in the end, they are (dead) people bonded with a Divine's Breath (an Endowment's Splinter). I also made a theory about (it's in my signature) but we have no sure proof of that.

in Mistborn era 1 the chapters has 23 different symbols at the beginning right below the the chapter number, 19 of them are the symbols of the 19 known Allumantic metal, my question is do we now that the other 4 are also up coming new Metals? some ever asked Brandon about them?

(notice that as the trilogy progress the symbols becoming more of a handwriting and harder to recognize, and in era 2 he only use 16 metals. also in ear 1 he uses 19 metal, including metal that will only be discovered and used in AoL and after)

5 hours ago, feldi said:

in Mistborn era 1 the chapters has 23 different symbols at the beginning right below the the chapter number, 19 of them are the symbols of the 19 known Allumantic metal, my question is do we now that the other 4 are also up coming new Metals? some ever asked Brandon about them?

(notice that as the trilogy progress the symbols becoming more of a handwriting and harder to recognize, and in era 2 he only use 16 metals. also in ear 1 he uses 19 metal, including metal that will only be discovered and used in AoL and after)

Some of the symbols are not linked to a metal but are simply used as characters in an alphabet.

http://theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kw=allomantic+symbols (see #7)

29 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

were there ever any natural sources of aluminum on Roshar? Could aluminum block a shardblade?

I would assume natural aluminium exist[s/ed] or else how would they know how to soulcast it? 

Maybe? I doubt it personally. I have trouble believing no one ever tried to cut aluminum with a shardblade. 

Edited by CaptainRyan

1 hour ago, CaptainRyan said:

I would assume natural aluminium exist[s/ed] or else how would they know how to soulcast it? 

Maybe? I doubt it personally. I have trouble believing no one ever tried to cut aluminum with a shardblade. 

well it's pretty rare and valuable. Apparently they only used it for jewelry and i doubt they're wearing jewelry into battle

On 07/01/2016 at 9:26 AM, CaptainRyan said:

The Rosharan "species" of human does not seem to be native (the Listeners definitely act like humans just showed up and the spren went to them instead) and the world of origin for the Ten Heralds has never been confirmed nor denied. Plus the very legend behind their presence on Roshar was that they were kicked out of somewhere else. Aluminum could very definitely have been a known material even without any natural supply.

14 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Are Soulcasters fabrials, really?

yes, I don't exactly know were, but someone asked Brandon if there is fabrials for the rest of the 10 surges aside from soulcasters and he said that indeed there is a fabrial for each one so that mean that soulcasters them self are the Surge of Transformation fabrials, also I assume that the Oathgate are a form of Elsecalling fabrials

I'm not sure if someone asked it already 'cause it's really basic but:

how does Nicrosilmind works? you store in them Investiture or the ability to use it, because from the books it looks more like the second? also do we know why someone who is not a Soulbirer (Nicrosil Ferring) can even use the medallions and the Bands in the first place?

3 hours ago, feldi said:

I'm not sure if someone asked it already 'cause it's really basic but:

how does Nicrosilmind works? you store in them Investiture or the ability to use it, because from the books it looks more like the second? also do we know why someone who is not a Soulbirer (Nicrosil Ferring) can even use the medallions and the Bands in the first place?

The ability to use Investure is in most cases also investure but Inate Investure, Investure that is part of your Spiritweb. The current theory is that Feruchemical nicrosil stores your Inate Investure, which is in line with the fact that Feruchemy seems to be only internally.

In the Stormlight's Letters Hoid and Frost talked about Rayse's crimes/murders and they mention Aona, Skai and Tanavast. They didn't talk about the fourth Shard he Splintered. Do they not know of this event or simply do they not care about those Shard-Vessel ?