The Ultimate List of Questions for Brandon

Chaos

edit: Another question:

If a non-Herald were to bond an Honorblade would that process be the same as with (corrupted) Shardblades (taking five days)?

IIRC there's a WoB that an Honorblade cannot be bonded.

Edit:

• Q:Can someone bond more than one honorblade
  • A:Honorblade? You can't bond an honorblade, though it can be given to you.

Somewhere in this thread.

Edited by Eri

IIRC there's a WoB that an Honorblade cannot be bonded.

Edit:

Somewhere in this thread.

Hmm, there's another WoB, that is contrary:

Q: So they assume because the Voidbringers are returning--

A: Because the Voidbringers are returning, would be a clue to them that Taln has returned.

Q: You mentioned that human can’t bond Honorblades, but Nalan tells Szeth that his bond with his Honorblade has been broken. Can you clear this up?

A: Humans CAN bond Honorblades. There's a crucial difference between Honorblades and Shardblades. When you drop an Honorblade, it does not disappear, even if it has been bonded. A Shardblade will disappear when dropped.

It's from this signing. I don't know which one is the newest of this two WoBs because I don't want to search "somewhere in this thread."

Anyways I'm sure the WoB I quote above is a clarification to the one which says that humans could not bond Honorblades.

So I keep to my question.

Does Hemelurgy change the genetic structure of the recipient, allowing them to pass down stolen powers to their children?

(Alloy of Law says 'yes' [Koloss blooded humans] but I want confirmation anyways)

We have a WoB on that.

ZAS678 (REDDIT.COM)

You've said that Inquisitors could have children. Would those children have a better chance at being Allomancers compared to if they had the kids before they were Inquisitors?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes, but there also could be...complications.

and...

Q: If you have a series of Inquisitors, like a family of Inquisitors having children for generations over...

A: Would the Hemalurgy influence the sDNA of the children? Is that what you are asking? That is a hypothesis that has merit in the way the magic system works. It is not a supposition to be discarded out of hand.

Two questions I think have probably been answered before:

1) What kinds of things can BioChromatic Breath be used to give to another person or object? Giving memories to people and animation to objects are both clear from the books, but what other things are there? is the answer "You can give anything, if you know the right command"?

2) Has Brandon Expressly stated that Honor was Splintered? Cultivation? Or has he simply stated that the holders of these shards died? I thought I read somewhere that Cultivation lost her powers, but did not die.

Has Brandon Expressly stated that Honor was Splintered? Cultivation? Or has he simply stated that the holders of these shards died? I thought I read somewhere that Cultivation lost her powers, but did not die.

We do have WoB that Honor was SplinteredCultivation is confirmed to be alive, I have not seen anything to indicate she has lost her powers.

Would a non-Nalthian person appear as to be a Drab to Nalthian? Or would they appear to have a weaker Breath? Or would they appear to have a full breath? Would a Nalthian with a lot of Breath (say, 50 or so) be able to tell that the non-Nalthian is different?

Is the term Spirit-web the word we should be using for "spiritual DNA"?

I think Spiritual DNA is more personal, while Spirit Web is the sum of your own identity and your connections to everything and everyone around you. There are several Threads around discussing this.

To add to Aether your Spiritual DNA essentially defines your Spiritual aspect in the way that your Physical DNA defines your physical characteristics. Spiritual aspects include investiture access and also (I believe) has a sort of Shardworld signature.

Spiritual aspects include investiture access

This is probably true, but it should be added that you can get access to Investiture through other means as well, such as through Hemalurgically grafting a part of someone's Spirit Web unto yours, or by receiving Breath, becoming a Radiant or a Squire, etc.

To add to Aether your Spiritual DNA essentially defines your Spiritual aspect in the way that your Physical DNA defines your physical characteristics. Spiritual aspects include investiture access and also (I believe) has a sort of Shardworld signature.

sDNA defines physical characteristics, too. Knights Radiant (eye color change from Spiritual bond) and koloss (altered sDNA).

Would a non-Nalthian person appear as to be a Drab to Nalthian? Or would they appear to have a weaker Breath? Or would they appear to have a full breath? Would a Nalthian with a lot of Breath (say, 50 or so) be able to tell that the non-Nalthian is different?

I always assumed they would be drab, but I don't know if there has ever been an official statement on this.

I think he said - in one of the recent signings - that non-Nalthians would have Breath, but wouldn't be able to use it. They could still acquire Nalthian Breaths on top of it and learn how to Awaken using those, but their native one would be "locked." I am over 80% sure about this.

In one of the recent Q&As Brandon said:

Q: Is Shai on Roshar?

A: Hehehe, good question!

Q: Has she already popped up?

A: She has not already popped up.

Q: So she's not a Radiant. Or is she?

A: You have not seen her on screen yet, other than in her story.

This implies that Shai is around on Roshar (though we didn't see her yet).

In Chapter 55 when Wit reappeared as carriage driver, Adolin told him "Hands off." (of Shallan) and that Wit should stay with women of his age, Wit said that this would "be a little harder. I think there's only one of those around these parts, and she and I never did get along."

Now my question: Is the woman Wit was referring to Shai?

What would a "transformative Cognitive entity" look like on Scadrial?

Seons have an Aon at their core, spren have a single ideal at their core, Returned (assuming they are the equivalent on Nalthis) have a single Command they were revived with (though this is not confirmed). How would one of these Scadrian Splinters have a metal at its core?

I thought the Mist spirit was just Leras showing himself through the mists.

Edit: Moogle, an addendum to your question. Are those Scadrian Splinters related to the Southern Scadrian Allomantic Machines?

Edited by PorridgeBrick